Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so difficult to find committed players? New Approach.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it so difficult to find committed players? New Approach.

So I have been in plenty of leagues and every single one of them end the same... quitters, complainers, rule breakers and every other thing that the few of every league pollute the environment with. Every single time my season is about complete and there are still teams with only 3 or 4 games played with the constant rotation of owners that never complete it and ends up being simmed to the playoffs. Then the next season rolls around and all the new owners want a new team or new draft, all the teams that actually did stick around that didn't do well want a new team or new draft, and then its again the constant rotation of quitters and complainers that always have something to b- about. I know we all been there. But seriously...... WHY WHY WHY is it so frickin hard to get just 12 people, that will actually be active, actually try, actually be involved and not whine and complain... what your team sucks, you did bad... okay, so how about try making a trade, or maybe find you some prospects or maybe... idk, frickin practice more and stop being a baby... I have never posted on here before so I figured I would give it a shot and see what happens... I don't have a league set up, and frankly i am not sure if i even will be able to put it together... but I am going to give it a shot and maybe I will get a response maybe not....

What I am looking for is at least 11 people who love the game of baseball and committed to playing multiply seasons, whether it be good or bad, someone that is involved and not a whinny b__tchy, crying complaining punk that is going to quit or complain or break the rules when things don't go their way, I am not the best player by any means, but I do enjoy the game and do enjoy completing the seasons, and playoffs, and trades, and hiring, and firing, and free agents, and finding prospects and all that stuff. I would also like to find people that enjoy playing the game on the mic, I love talking baseball, and even a little smack talk is good when it gets competitive, but don't act like a little kid bc after all this is just a game and its meant to be fun. With all that being said, if I can get enough people in which I think we could actually make a league that isn't filled with all the other bs that every other league has then I will create it. Like I said though, I want committed players, ones that can play everyday, and if not everyday at least every other day and you make up your games then. Someone that can play at least 6 - 10 games a week so we can complete a season a month. So if you are someone that enjoys the game that enjoys talking and playing baseball and will use the mic, won't quit, won't cry, won't complain, won't break the rules, and will be active in the league and play your best regardless or how well you hoped to do, then send me a message. Maybe we can get enough quality owners that will actually make a league, if not, well....I tried

PSN: SunnySyde

My 2 cents:

I used to play in Madden leagues, EA sports golf leagues, and NCAA football leagues. The main problem I found was playing user vs user games. Everyone has a different schedule, some people can only be online during the day when others are at work or school. Others can only be on at night when others have work or other commitments. So the hardest part is finding time to mesh with everyone, their schedules.

I never had a hard time playing my user vs CPU games and it seemed like I was always waiting for the league to advance, the problem is getting a user vs user game was insanely hard. I have a job, family, etc...I can plan a day and time but I can't just "hop on and play" like a single, young, jobless person can. Back in the day maybe but not now.

This leads to maturity, I find it hard to believe you'll find a good/solid core group of steady players from the young, single, jobless crowd. They seem to do things when it's convenient to them and it's willy-nilly on when that is. If you can find some older people, that actually take the time to set aside time to commit to the league/dynasty then it can be a great time. However, finding 12 LONG TERM people like that seems like a pipe-dream.

I've tried to join a few leagues on MLB 15 and 16 but it seems next to impossible to find the "right thing." There are certain settings I like, others not so much, but the problem I had was all the leagues I joined didn't want to start until every team was controlled by a user. It took forever to fill the teams and just about the time they were full the others that had been waiting for weeks gave up and no longer wanted to be in the league, so it was like a constant broken cycle.

Then like you said, if, IF the league got off and running, people would quit, then they'd want to change teams, etc.. etc...I find it easier, not sure if "easy" is the right word but I just turn on my PS4 and either play the CPU, vs my son, or some random in DD.

Even DD seems "broken". I am a complete noob to this game and I'm no baseball super-man by ANY MEANS, but I'm 3-0 on DD b/c the other person just up and quits. My first game I was up 5-0 in the 1st inning and the other person quit. The 2nd game I was actually losing but in the 5th inning the other person wanted to quit. I said No, I wanted to play the entire game, if I lose I lose but I want to PLAY. They quit and I got the W. Same thing in the latest game it was 1-1 in the 6th inning the other person wanted to quit, maybe they're board, who knows, but they wanted to quit, I said No, they quit anyways and I got the W.

I kinda want to start an online league or dynasty but kinda figure what's the point if everyone is going to drag their feet, then once it actually starts they quit mid-game or mid-season? Maybe I'm better off playing vs the CPU.

Thanks for listening. I hope it works out for you, if not the CPU is always there :-)

Comment

I swear..... It's gotten bad too! In recent years, you find replacements for leagues with no problem but as of lately, I've encountered so many casuals and noobs it's not funny anymore... I'm actually worried!! Might have to pack 16 in a little early this year because as we all know after the price drop there, the game will be overwhelmed with scrubs...

Comment

I disagree with you guys. Even though its really hard to find the right guys its not impossible. In our league "Legends Premier League" we have a group of about 14 really active and committed guys. May be its the league setup and settings. Its a 16 team 30 games 4 weeks regular season and 2 weeks playoffs format. There is also a $5 league buyin - which kind of help to sort the committed guys. We are about a week and a half away from the playoffs. Trying to replace 2 teams who are not at the same pace with the rest of the league. If any of you are interested do check out our web at http://legendspremierleague.weebly.com/ thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bornasawinner View Post
          I disagree with you guys. Even though its really hard to find the right guys its not impossible. In our league "Legends Premier League" we have a group of about 14 really active and committed guys. May be its the league setup and settings. Its a 16 team 30 games 4 weeks regular season and 2 weeks playoffs format. There is also a $5 league buyin - which kind of help to sort the committed guys. We are about a week and a half away from the playoffs. Trying to replace 2 teams who are not at the same pace with the rest of the league. If any of you are interested do check out our web at http://legendspremierleague.weebly.com/ thanks
          VERY COOL! I agree the minimal financial commitment goes a long ways to staying committed. I'm very interested and will check out your link.

Thank you sir.

Gus

Comment

Responded to you gigemaggs99... you'll want to read it please.

Comment

I'm a committed player. Just haven't found the right league. I'm looking for a league with at least 82 games. Hall of Fame or Legend difficulty. Anything below that is amateur. Looking for a league with Balks on. Strike zone off. Would prefer to play as the Giants, but would settle for Marlins, Pirates, Mets, Astros, Tigers, Orioles or Twins. In that order. Feel free to message me if you're looking for a dedicated league member. Can get 10 games in on a weekly basis depending on other league members availability. My PSN is the same as my username on here; Quashtag. Message me here or on PSN for any questions. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X