No announcement yet.

All Time Greats roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Don, I'm glad you like them, I had a lot of fun making them and playing games with the various teams. 69 Orioles vs 69 Mets is probably my favorite. 54 Giants vs 54 Indians is pretty cool also. Of course, the 68 Cards vs either the 67 Red Sox or 68 Tigers is a blast as well. This roster brings back lots of memories of games with guys like Curt Gowdy and Tony Kubek doing the announcing.
    Last edited by biebig2010; 09-02-2016, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Yea U Right, Those were my favorite days as well. I remember Dizzy Dean in the booth before Kubek joined Curt Cowdy. Can you imagine most weeks we had only 1 Saturday afternoon game telecasted with only rarely 1 on Sunday as well. And in Black & White at that. Compare that to today's available games to watch. I have many DVDs of some of those original old telecast which are a blast to revisit.

​Not sure if you are familiar with www.mvpmods.com where our team of Total Classics guys built many old time seasons and one of our members (Joel DeLeon) modded the game putting Vince Scully, Ernie Harwell & Mel Allen in the booth. What a masterpiece of a mod that was and such fun to listen to. That game had it all: season specific stadiums, schedules, uniforms, player photos, logos, mascot/city names, gloves, bats etc etc etc. Truly was a trip back to baseball's glory days. I spent over 10 years modding that game starting in 2003 and never thought I would replace it. But MLB The Show proved me wrong even with it's shortcoming for truly recreating historical season like MVP 2005 on the PC from EA Sports allowed us to do.

Comment

Yes, I do remember mvpmods. At the time I wasn't a contributor as I didn't create historic rosters at that time. I recall downloading some stuff once or twice though.

Comment

Originally posted by biebig2010 View Post
          I finished the HISTORIC TEAMS 50-60 roster and uploaded it to the vault. This roster includes the best team for each franchise from 1950 - 1969.
          biebig2010, Do you have a list of teams (by season year) included in this 50-60 set or is it identical to what you produced for MLBTS 15 ?

Comment

Yes...

BAL - '69
            BOS - '67
            NYY - '61
            TB - NA
            TOR - NA
            CWS - '59
            CLE - '54
            DET - '68
            KC - '69
            MIN - '65
            HOU - '69
            LAA - '67
            OAK - '69
            SEA - NA
            TEX - '69
            ATL - '57
            MIA - NA
            NYM - '69
            PHI - '50
            WAS - '69
            CHC - '69
            CIN - '61
            MIL - '69
            PIT - '60
            STL - '67
            ARI - NA
            COL - NA
            LAD - '55
            SD - '69
            SF - '54
            Last edited by biebig2010; 10-26-2016, 10:46 AM.

Comment

I uploaded a new HISTORIC TEAMS 30-40 roster to the vault yesterday. The new roster includes the top team for each franchise from 1930 - 1949. The teams include:

BAL - '44
              BOS - '46
              NYY - '39
              TB - NA
              TOR - NA
              CWS - '37
              CLE - '48
              DET - '35
              KC - NA
              MIN - '33
              HOU - NA
              LAA - NA
              OAK - '31
              SEA - NA
              TEX - NA
              ATL - '48
              MIA - NA
              NYM - NA
              PHI - '32
              WAS - NA
              CHC - '35
              CIN - '40
              MIL - NA
              PIT - '33
              STL - '34
              ARI - NA
              COL - NA
              LAD - '41
              SD - NA
              SF - '33

Comment

OMG -- I'm new The Show this year and didn't realize this was possible (or that people did it)
                Can somebody please explain to me where I can find these roster(s) and how I import/play with them?

Thanks in advance!!

Comment

Originally posted by jpotrz View Post
                  OMG -- I'm new The Show this year and didn't realize this was possible (or that people did it)
                  Can somebody please explain to me where I can find these roster(s) and how I import/play with them?

Thanks in advance!!
                  It's pretty easy to do.

Find the menu option in the game to go to the Vault and select Rosters. The Vault is an online feature that allows people to upload and download rosters, players, sliders, etc. Once in the Roster Vault tab over to the column that shows the type of roster and select the filter button (triangle on the PS4) and then select HISTORIC. This should show you just historic rosters. Now find a roster named HISTORIC TEAMS 30-40 or whatever roster name you're interested in finding. You can find a specific roster by sorting the list of rosters by date or rating or # of downloads or username or whatever. To do this go to the column of interest and hit the sort button (square on PS4). Once sorted you can page through all the rosters by selecting the right and left triggers.

Once you have found the desired roster select the button (X on PS4) that allows you to rate or download the desired roster. Select download. You should save this as a roster on your PS4 and name it whatever you'd like. Once on your PS4 you can then select that roster via a menu option (I think it's called Data) and then play a game. Alternatively, if you want to play a season or a franchise with your saved roster you can select that mode and the game will ask you what roster to use. At this point select the option to choose a saved roster and select the historic roster you saved on your PS4.

If you want any of my rosters look for a HISTORIC roster with a username of biebig2010. Many other people have uploaded their rosters; some of them historic, some of them current, some of them fantasy, etc.

Comment

Thank you so much!!! Will try it out tonight!

Comment

Just came across this. This is insane!!! are you able to mix match rosters and take certain players from each era?

Comment

Originally posted by ruthless22805 View Post
                        Just came across this. This is insane!!! are you able to mix match rosters and take certain players from each era?
                        I'm not exactly sure what the question is but you can create different players from different eras and put them on the same team in the same roster. For instance: I have an ALL TIME GREATS roster in the vault under the name biebig2010 that has the greatest players of all time for each franchise.

Comment

Working...
                        X