Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sounds of the Show (Helpful Tips/Music Leads)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds of the Show (Helpful Tips/Music Leads)

Tried out sounds of the show on PS4. Thanks goes out to the developers and everyone who pushed the feature, works as good as advertised. Moved some music from my flash drive I just bought over to the Show and assigned it.

I made this thread for three reasons:

1. Instruction on how to move music on PS4 (just to make it easy for everyone)
    2. For everyone to post any leads on their individual teams music (walk ups, stadium specific)
    3. Any issues

HOW TO MOVE MUSIC:
    1. Move music to flash drive (make sure to convert to MP3, that's the only file format that works, and some sites only use different types of file formats). There are converters out there, and iTunes actually makes it easy to convert, took me about 10 minutes.
    2. Make sure your music is stored on a folder called music. If you don't, when you try to import it, the show 16 won't see the flash drive at all and give you an error.
    3. Go into options>Sounds of The Show>Manage Music Files. If you did everything correctly, when you hit import music, it should show you the name of your drive, and after selecting it should transfer your music. If it doesn't show, go back and recheck that you did steps one and two.
    4. You're done! Enjoy your music in Sounds of the Show!

As far as places who have good soundtrack lists, I used Operation Sports, and the individual team page of mlb.com (ex. Google My Mets Music and the first link is the MLB site). If anyone else has any suggestions, post them for everyone (I could use some help too since I'm missing a little bit of music for my players!)
    Last edited by IAmARanger3024; 03-28-2016, 10:08 PM. Reason: I can't count or type right at 2:05am EST lol. That and I wanted to be more specific.

Does it have to be a flash drive? I have all my music in MP3 file format and in a music folder, but it's on my phone. Would that work? I could transfer them to a flash drive but I'd rather not if I don't have to. Thanks for the help!

Comment

How to put the music in Walkup RTTS? There's only def songs.

Comment

Originally posted by mdfankid View Post
        Does it have to be a flash drive? I have all my music in MP3 file format and in a music folder, but it's on my phone. Would that work? I could transfer them to a flash drive but I'd rather not if I don't have to. Thanks for the help!
        I'm pretty certain it has to be. It's the only way that Sony had let the devs get the feature in the game if I remember the stream correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by EGOYARD View Post
          How to put the music in Walkup RTTS? There's only def songs.
          I'll look into the RTTS music. I haven't played the mode yet, but I'll take a look. Make sure you move your music from the jukebox into the in game music cues in the main menu or in the game mode before you try to assign the songs first.

Comment

First of all thanks to "Ranger" for starting this thread. My PS4 is not recognizing my USB flash drive. It is FAT32 format & all my files are in MP3 form. I created a folder named "Music" on my desktop & have all the files in there. I sent that "Music" folder to my USB flash drive. It is showing on my CPU, but when I try to import unto the PS4 it is saying not recognizing USB or "Music" folder. Can you chime in on my situation

Comment

Originally posted by decga View Post
              First of all thanks to "Ranger" for starting this thread. My PS4 is not recognizing my USB flash drive. It is FAT32 format & all my files are in MP3 form. I created a folder named "Music" on my desktop & have all the files in there. I sent that "Music" folder to my USB flash drive. It is showing on my CPU, but when I try to import unto the PS4 it is saying not recognizing USB or "Music" folder. Can you chime in on my situation

Never mind Ranger or everyone. I did not have my flash drive plug all the way in. I did not want to be heavy handed. FAT32 or FAT formats works just fine! I can get to my edits from my year-to-year save.

Comment

I also had the issue of the thumb drive not fitting into the ps4. I looked around the house and found a usb extension that was a bit thinner and that fit fine and all of my problems with the music stopped and it works great now.

Comment

It's bugged. Always crashing with CE-34878-0 ERROR. So now I can't even delete my imported songs. Smh.

Comment

Is there a drive size limitation? I have a drive (32gb) formatted FAT32, recognized correctly (and I can play the music) by the in ps4 system music player, but the "which USB storage device do you want to use?" screen does not give me any drive to select, the page is just blank.

Comment

Haven't poked my head in here yet, so missed this discussion.

One suggestion I'll put out there for you musically adventurous types: classical. Seriously.

No, I'm not thinking of Pachelbel's Canon or anything chamberish. I'm thinking power classical here: Grieg's "In the Hall of the Mountain King," most of "Pictures at an Exhibition" by Mussorgsky (Maurice Ravel's orchestral version), and even the "1812 Overture," even though it's a bit overplayed. "Fanfare For the Common Man" is another good one, and then of course there's Richard Wagner.

Don't ignore the classics: there's a reason they're known as such.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRedCloak View Post

No, I'm not thinking of Pachelbel's Canon or anything chamberish. I'm thinking power classical here: Grieg's "In the Hall of the Mountain King," and even the "1812 Overture," even though it's a bit overplayed.
                        Savatage had their own "Hall Of The Mountain King" that makes the PERFECT WWE video game custom entrance music as well. Yngwie Malmsteen(My namesake) has some great pieces, too...a couple of youtube links 4 u to ponder.
                        https://youtu.be/QdGD3Ukb3Q0

https://youtu.be/T1Va1F1dQWo?t=3m41s
                        CATCH ME ON TWITCH.TV (live or archived) DOING MLB THE SHOW FRANCHISE at www.twitch.tv/Amish_guy_in_mn

Comment

Working...
                        X