Winning challenge of the week twice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winning challenge of the week twice?

I know this may be a stupid question, but what happens if you win challenge of the week twice. I know you can only win the 1st place prize once, so what do you get if you win twice? Nothing? Packs? Stubs?

Originally posted by rst4rxx View Post
    I know this may be a stupid question, but what happens if you win challenge of the week twice. I know you can only win the 1st place prize once, so what do you get if you win twice? Nothing? Packs? Stubs?
    Unfortunately no. If they place first again, they will be bumped off the leader board. We can not bump them down since that may cause someone who was rightfully in second place to become third and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles_TheShow View Post

Unfortunately no. If they place first again, they will be bumped off the leader board. We can not bump them down since that may cause someone who was rightfully in second place to become third and so on.
      Seriously? That has the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. What's the incentive for even coming in first then? I have came in first three times now and the one time i was actually eligible to receive a prize i was sent the wrong one. I love the show and think its a great game, but something about the prize process needs to change. Players that come in first should be awarded at least with something. A free battle royale entry is better than nothing. If someone wins something, they need to be rewarded. I am not trying to be angry in any way with this post, but this is honestly something that could have a simple fix and needs to be looked at.

Comment

Originally posted by rst4rxx View Post

Seriously? That has the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. What's the incentive for even coming in first then? I have came in first three times now and the one time i was actually eligible to receive a prize i was sent the wrong one. I love the show and think its a great game, but something about the prize process needs to change. Players that come in first should be awarded at least with something. A free battle royale entry is better than nothing. If someone wins something, they need to be rewarded. I am not trying to be angry in any way with this post, but this is honestly something that could have a simple fix and needs to be looked at.

And now you know why I stopped placing in first after the first couple of weeks. After I was informed that I wouldn't win any prizes if I kept finishing in first. Trying to finish in 2nd every week is a LOT harder than winning. I could win every week if I wanted to, but I would rather win stubs and packs lol I wondered why you kept finishing first. Read the rules next time man!

Comment

Originally posted by PhilG10 View Post

And now you know why I stopped placing in first after the first couple of weeks. After I was informed that I wouldn't win any prizes if I kept finishing in first. Trying to finish in 2nd every week is a LOT harder than winning. I could win every week if I wanted to, but I would rather win stubs and packs lol I wondered why you kept finishing first. Read the rules next time man!
          Jeez you guys must be really good at this game if I could place once in the top 25 I'd be happy. What prize did you win the first time you won cotw and I do agree if your good enough to place first then you need to get rewarded something

Comment

I read the rules before I even posted to this forum. Nowhere does it say that you will get bumped from the leaderboard, it just says that you can only win the first place prize once. I figured that meant that if I came in first again that they would give first place prize to second place and either give first place packs or stubs. I thought it was funny how he said that would take the prize away from someone who rightfully came in second place. What about the people who rightfully came in first?lol I should have known it was going to something crazy like this. The first time I won, I was supposed to receive a signed Donaldson bat but received a signed Hosmer bat instead. My brother tweeted to Mlb the show account and they immediately replied and said that they would send us the Donaldson bat if we sent the Hosmer bat back. This surprised me because I was expecting a deal with it response. So good job to the show on that one. It makes feel stupid because it's just a game but I get so frustrated with stuff like this haha

Comment

Yeah apparently you get punished if you won before but if you do not get top 5 then youll at least get stubs. It seems like they just want to avoid doing a bit more work and handing out extra rewards....cmon I barely play and thought I was going to open up packs to help build my team but I have no reason to play.

I love your guys game but dont you guys want to encourage people to keep playing?

Comment

I definitely think that if you place first but are ineligible to win the 1st place prize that you should still get a prize and everyone else could get bumped up one slot. Say a 20 pack bundle and a free battle royale entry or the stub equivalent to 1st prize.

Or like in some prize giveaways such as this the prizes would be swapped with the next eligible person that qualified for prize, so if you aren't eligible to come in 1st and the person in 2nd has yet to win 1st prize the two places would swap prizes.

Maybe in MLB The Show 17 they could revisit Challenge of the Week to amend the rules to allow for that to happen, as well as add a pitching element to it, so you have the option to hit or pitch and each leaderboard gets prizes.

Comment

Working...
                X