Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter to Developers for 2017

Hay-

I just wanted to make some "enhancement requests. I am a Diamond Dynasty aficionado.

So regarding Diamond Dynasty, is there any way you could tweak the system to produce slightly easier hitting in head to head matchups? It seems 97% of my games, no exaggeration are 1-0 or 2-1 or 2-0.

Literally in hundreds of games I've played there have been a handful of 6-4 or 7-2 or 9-5 or 5-4 scores. It is just too difficult to hit for most players judging from the statistics in the standings.

Just my two cents for a game I love and feel is outstanding.

Here are a few more suggestions:

Please keep taking the baseball card thing to higher and higher levels.
    More stadiums both old, minor league and imaginary.
    Do away with the commission on buying/selling cards

Friday night Championships/tournaments
    Schedule mass tournaments for certain times (Eastcoast/est coast friendly times) fill up as many 64 team brackets as you can possible and play them off every hour until there is a champion in each bracket. Each Champ gets a 20 pack of cards.

Thanks for listening.

A big fan

They wouldn't have to make hitting easier if they just made it more consistent. Where you hit it in the PCI should determine it's trajectory. Just get rid of the "the game decided this is going to be a pop up" on balls hit squarely in the PCI, and a lot more hits will ensue.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan_1029 View Post
      They wouldn't have to make hitting easier if they just made it more consistent. Where you hit it in the PCI should determine it's trajectory. Just get rid of the "the game decided this is going to be a pop up" on balls hit squarely in the PCI, and a lot more hits will ensue.
      The problem with this is that if everytime the ball was in the middle of the PCI it was a hit then there would be no point in having a pitcher with good hits 9 or hrs 9 or even a point to having a hitter with good contact or power because it being in the middle of a pci should be a hit no matter what. This is a baseball game and sometimes in baseball you square it up and it just doesn't work out. You like to complain though and I think that it would be helpful if you a stopped playing or b stopped complaining. This is a great game and with all your new time you have without your complaining taking up so much of your time maybe you can make the perfect baseball game you want.

Comment

Stats in standings are probably flawed for the most part because folks are bunt grinding, etc.

I'm not in the WS division but have heard that most (top 20 leaderboard members at least) games are usually slugfests so you can basically throw any pitching strategy you had before out the window. These guys don't need hitting to be any easier.

Comment

Originally posted by petey3135775 View Post

The problem with this is that if everytime the ball was in the middle of the PCI it was a hit then there would be no point in having a pitcher with good hits 9 or hrs 9 or even a point to having a hitter with good contact or power because it being in the middle of a pci should be a hit no matter what. This is a baseball game and sometimes in baseball you square it up and it just doesn't work out. You like to complain though and I think that it would be helpful if you a stopped playing or b stopped complaining. This is a great game and with all your new time you have without your complaining taking up so much of your time maybe you can make the perfect baseball game you want.
          That is not what I'm saying at all. Not every line drive is a hit, but a ball in the center of the PCI should be hit squarely. Also, you don't know that pitcher /9's affect anything other than PCI Size. That is what it counts for, along with batter contact and plate vision ... PCI size influence only.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface2 View Post
            Hay-

So regarding Diamond Dynasty, is there any way you could tweak the system to produce slightly easier hitting in head to head matchups? It seems 97% of my games, no exaggeration are 1-0 or 2-1 or 2-0.

Literally in hundreds of games I've played there have been a handful of 6-4 or 7-2 or 9-5 or 5-4 scores. It is just too difficult to hit for most players judging from the statistics in the standings.
            They do NOT need to make hitting easier. The game scales hitting difficulty based on the division you're in. In CS and WS, its on HOF difficulty and most of the games are still high-scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by basetommyball View Post
              They do NOT need to make hitting easier. The game scales hitting difficulty based on the division you're in. In CS and WS, its on HOF difficulty and most of the games are still high-scoring.
              Agreed 100%. If you find yourself struggling hitting stop playing yetis on rookie if you must play them because you want to do missions quicker do it on hardest level. Also spend some time playing top level on road to the show and do nothing but hitting. Change your players stance around a few times so that your not always hitting from same stance. Don't just make a switch hitter either. Make them right or left handed.

I'm no pro by any means but these are just things thatve helped me.

Comment

Working...
              X