Biggest change that needs to happen in MLB 17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest change that needs to happen in MLB 17

Center pop-ups and fly balls need to be line-drives. It just isn't realistic that they go straight up when you hit it perfectly.
    Last edited by RubbahDuckeh; 02-13-2017, 09:20 AM.

Originally posted by RubbahDuckeh View Post
    Center pop-ups and fly balls need to be line-drives. It just isn't realistic that they go straight up when you hit it perfectly.
    You're telling me? lol

Comment

Just like in real baseball you can't expect everytime you get good contact it should be a hit. There are a lot of variables.

Comment

Originally posted by petey3135775 View Post
        Just like in real baseball you can't expect everytime you get good contact it should be a hit. There are a lot of variables.
        Again, not sure if you have seen my previous posts but im not asking for base hit. Just asking that with good timing and pci placement comes a ball well hit wether its hit directly to a defender or for a base hit but a ball well hit nonetheless.

Comment

Bunting HAS to go. Even in the livestream where they were trying to prove they fixed it it was far from being fixed. They need to literally not allow bunts unless a pitcher is up in the next game.

Comment

Originally posted by bradphil87 View Post
            Bunting HAS to go. Even in the livestream where they were trying to prove they fixed it it was far from being fixed. They need to literally not allow bunts unless a pitcher is up in the next game.
            That's never going to happen. Sorry man. That's not how baseball works. They need to tone down the effectiveness of it resulting in a hit, but there's zero chance bunting will ever be pitcher-only.

Comment

Originally posted by EJ_NFL_24 View Post

That's never going to happen. Sorry man. That's not how baseball works. They need to tone down the effectiveness of it resulting in a hit, but there's zero chance bunting will ever be pitcher-only.
              Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by gameday7707 View Post

Good post.
                Thanks. I hate bunt cheese as much as the next guy, but bunting is still part of the game. They need to make it hard to execute good bunts, and make it so its much harder to get on base with bunting with slower players. W

e also have to take into account that bunting really only has a negative view in the U.S., and this video game is growing in popularity internationally as well. So, set up your defense to stop it and hope the animations don't get the best of you!

Comment

Thanks. I hate bunt cheese as much as the next guy, but bunting is still part of the game. They need to make it hard to execute good bunts, and make it so its much harder to get on base with bunting with slower players. W

e also have to take into account that bunting really only has a negative view in the U.S., and this video game is growing in popularity internationally as well. So, set up your defense to stop it and hope the animations don't get the best of you!
                  While it is part of the game the frequency is not even close. I watched probably 150 of my teams games last year and probably about another 150 games that were not my team and I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I saw a successful bunt single. So out of 300 games it worked maybe 5 times if that. I've literally had people try it 10 times in one game. It's like if every single hit was a homerun and the counter to that argument being "well homeruns are part of the game." Maybe limit bunts to 2 or 3 a game be it sac bunts or trying for a hit. But something has to be done, even bunt D doesn't work, maybe tune it to where bunt D works 100% of the time or something.

Comment

While it is part of the game the frequency is not even close. I watched probably 150 of my teams games last year and probably about another 150 games that were not my team and I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I saw a successful bunt single. So out of 300 games it worked maybe 5 times if that. I've literally had people try it 10 times in one game. It's like if every single hit was a homerun and the counter to that argument being "well homeruns are part of the game." Maybe limit bunts to 2 or 3 a game be it sac bunts or trying for a hit. But something has to be done, even bunt D doesn't work, maybe tune it to where bunt D works 100% of the time or something.
                    I don't want to see bunt limits or auto-outs on bunt D. They can't water down bunts so much that it deters players that use actually use them strategically. It's a balancing act, and they are trying to dial it in just right. They said next year bunts will be less effective, so let's see how it goes.

Comment

Bunt D stops it a majority of the time for me. I set mine up manually though. Most players don't even try to bunt on me when they realize the shift stops it.

Comment

Bunt D stops it a majority of the time for me. I set mine up manually though. Most players don't even try to bunt on me when they realize the shift stops it.
                        How do you set up your defense?

Comment

Originally posted by MannyJay24 View Post

How do you set up your defense?
                          For any 85+ speed player I shift my 1B to Corners In & Guard Lines, my 2B Halfway and shift left, my 3B to either Cover Drag or Bunt D, and my SS to Double Play depth and shift right.

Scratch that, not all 85+ speed players. Just the lesser hitters with good speed, or any 90+ SPD player.

Comment

Sorry to SDS for this mean-spirited post. I was just frustrated after a loss.

Comment

That's easy. Let us see the handedness of opponents pitcher. Or give us 2 set lineups. One vs R one vs Left. Bunt cheese was defendable. Put bunt D and pitch accordingly. This new lineup debacle ruins the DD h2h experience for A LOT of us.
                              Last edited by PLAAY-BALLL; 02-24-2017, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X