Griffey 99 ovr card(Not that good)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffey 99 ovr card(Not that good)

I feel like the devs dropped the ball on the Griffey card for 17 it's like they just copy and pasted the stocker card from 16 and increased the arm strength. I thought this card was going to be extremely hard to get bc it was almost going to be maxed out attribute wise he shouldn't have an attribute below 90. Your thoughts?

Really? I don't even know what to say.

Comment

..........Ok?

Comment

The Stocker card is better IMHO. 70 CON 71 VIS against lefties is borderline platoon level on a final build type team. I don't understand the hate, the op is definitely not the only person that is disappointed. Check out Reddit. The chat on the live steam was full of disappointed people as well.
        Last edited by nremdn; 02-16-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

You guys are only looking at the hitting attributes. Griffey was superior on defense and plus things are getting scaled differently depending on the type of card it is. Alot of people are saying the 93 Hanley is better than the 99 Griffey but fail to realize Hanley on has offense. I'm hoping that defense matters more in this years game seeing as OOP players will hinder your team more this year, so if you are using that Hanley you have to be real careful where you play him to get maximum out of his bat while avoiding any potential issues in the field on defense.

Comment

Yea I don't get it you base this game on Griffey best CF to ever play the game all god squad legend hall of famer cover boy and you make the card to where I will have to pinch hit for him in the 8th against a lefty and use ichiro as a defensive sub bc his defense is better makes no sense y'all fluffed this all up

Comment

Griffey in 1997 - http://m.mlb.com/player/115135/ken-g...-r-hitting-mlb

vs Lefties - 53 for 196 (.270 AVG) 8 2B 1 3B 14 HR 39 RBI 14 BB 2 IBB 52 K .332 OBP .536 SLG .868 OPS
              vs Righties - 132 for 412 (.320 AVG) 26 2B 2 3B 42 HR 108 RBI 62 BB 21 IBB 69 K .405 OBP .699 SLG 1.104 OPS

smh... can we let SDS and #TheShow17 developers do their jobs now... look at the numbers and compare them to his stats
              Last edited by romeischillin; 02-16-2017, 08:43 AM.

Comment

14 HR = 96 power?? And 196 Avg = 70 contact??

Comment

Excuse the average part was reading wrong stat but 14 HR does not give you 96 power. Altuve hit like 22 last year and has 50 power

Comment

@romeischilling
                    You can shake your head all you want. I'm not telling anyone how to do their job, just saying the op doesn't deserve hate for having an opinion. He's not the only one disappointed that he will probably platoon what is supposed to be the crown jewel card in the game.

Bottom of the ninth, game on the line, Chapman pitching, Griffey coming up to the plate.....would you put in a power righty like FB Frenchy or many others?......I bet you would Rome. They can give him whatever stats they want, doesn't mean he won't get platooned.

My guess is that there will be an insane amount of work required to attain that card and a lot of players won't bother unless they are just huge Griffey fans or just have a desire to complete everything.
                    Last edited by nremdn; 02-16-2017, 08:51 AM.

Comment

And is ichiro better then Griffey in Cf ?

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Nasty_02 View Post
                        Excuse the average part was reading wrong stat but 14 HR does not give you 96 power. Altuve hit like 22 last year and has 50 power

I think you meant to look at his stats vs lefties which I don't have handy at the moment. People are going gaga over that Hanley having 90+ in all 4 power/contact categories but fail to realize that Hanley was ON that year.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Nasty_02 View Post
                          14 HR = 96 power?? And 196 Avg = 70 contact??
                          14 HRS averaged over 600 AB is almost 45 HRs. Also the AVG is not 196, it's 270. 196 are the ABs vs lefties that year.

Comment

They acted like the card was suppose to be ungodly and he's just not he's good but later on in the year he is just going to be a normal guy in your lineup

Comment

I agree that against lefties he is not a top 10 hitter in the game, but his Defense and Speed which are very important in the game are all amazing. They are promoting it as if he is the greatest card in the game by far, and it is definitely an incredibly awesome card. But it's not head shoulders above all cards.
                              Last edited by RafValentino; 02-16-2017, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X