No announcement yet.

Griffey 99 ovr card(Not that good)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a lifelong Griffey fan, and as sad as I am to say this, I would start Stocker all day every day over that Griffey card. I despise Bonds, but he will help your team more than that Griffey will.

Comment

Honest question: If FB Beltran, Stocker, FB Ichiro, FB Kemp are in the game this year plus Live series Trout can you find a starting spot in your outfield for that Griffey against a lefty? Be honest.

Comment

No you can't that's what I'm saying they should have went all out with this card and made it very hard to achieve but they didn't they gave us a good player instead of one that will start every game no matter who is on the mound

Comment

The attributes are already ****ed up in the game we got Hanley and Todd Frazier as like 67 speed and Xander is a 64 that is broken

Comment

Originally posted by nremdn View Post
            I'm a lifelong Griffey fan, and as sad as I am to say this, I would start Stocker all day every day over that Griffey card. I despise Bonds, but he will help your team more than that Griffey will.
            I see what you are saying, I do, but 95 fielding and 92 arm strength is nothing to scoff at, and a big help in the OF. I would have a hard time pinch hitting for him late in a close game just because he has the ability to throw runners out at the plate in game saving situations.
            Unfortunately though, because of the average stats vs lefties, I think we are going to see a lot of Griffey Jr drag bunts in the later innings later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan_1029 View Post

I see what you are saying, I do, but 95 fielding and 92 arm strength is nothing to scoff at, and a big help in the OF. I would have a hard time pinch hitting for him late in a close game just because he has the ability to throw runners out at the plate in game saving situations.
              Unfortunately though, because of the average stats vs lefties, I think we are going to see a lot of Griffey Jr drag bunts in the later innings later this year.
              This is what I'm saying. I don't get upset at any stats that they give any player, but I also plan on playing to win and in a lot of situations having that Griffey in your lineup does not give you the best chance to win. Considering he is a lot of people's favorite player, the uproar was inevitable. The grind to get him is obviously going to be ridiculous and frustrating for most.

It's not as bad as the Jackie card, but it's a similar situation. Most people that got Jackie were just completionists. No one that wants to win has him in their lineup anymore. The value to your team did not come close to justifying the grind. I never even considered completing the AL. The Stocker grind sucked and that card is so good. No way I was going to do the same for any of the cards in the AL.
              Last edited by nremdn; 02-16-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

You guys are ridiculous. The card is still VERY good. They said they adjusted the ratings forumlas to separate the Elite players from the very good players. Meaning, in comparison, this card is going to be one of the best all year.

He's going to absolutely destroy righties, and is still well above average against lefties with 70/96. His defense is elite. He's got solid speed as well. Those of you comparing him to Hanley are ridiculous for completely disregarding Hanley's TRASH fielding at a very important defensive position.

Comment

Originally posted by nremdn View Post
                  Honest question: If FB Beltran, Stocker, FB Ichiro, FB Kemp are in the game this year plus Live series Trout can you find a starting spot in your outfield for that Griffey against a lefty? Be honest.
                  Absolutely. 70/96 is still very good. Plus, his defense will probably only be second to Ichiro.

Comment

Originally posted by EJ_NFL_24 View Post
                    You guys are ridiculous. The card is still VERY good. They said they adjusted the ratings forumlas to separate the Elite players from the very good players. Meaning, in comparison, this card is going to be one of the best all year.

He's going to absolutely destroy righties, and is still well above average against lefties with 70/96. His defense is elite. He's got solid speed as well. Those of you comparing him to Hanley are ridiculous for completely disregarding Hanley's TRASH fielding at a very important defensive position.
                    So anyone that doesn't share the same opinion of a card as you is ridiculous? Most people agree it is a great card. I think most of the people you call ridiculous are just saying that there are better options against a lefty.

Comment

Originally posted by EJ_NFL_24 View Post

Absolutely. 70/96 is still very good. Plus, his defense will probably only be second to Ichiro.
                      Fair enough, but plenty of other people will choose not to. You aren't wrong for starting him if you feel he gives you the best chance to win.

I think the main issue most people have is that it's the showcase card of the entire game and it has some weaknesses that may not make it an every day starter in a lot of people's lineups.

Comment

Tony Gwynn is better defensively then this card too

Comment

Originally posted by romeischillin View Post
                          You guys are only looking at the hitting attributes. Griffey was superior on defense and plus things are getting scaled differently depending on the type of card it is. Alot of people are saying the 93 Hanley is better than the 99 Griffey but fail to realize Hanley on has offense. I'm hoping that defense matters more in this years game seeing as OOP players will hinder your team more this year, so if you are using that Hanley you have to be real careful where you play him to get maximum out of his bat while avoiding any potential issues in the field on defense.
                          But Hanley can play almost every position, 3rd, 1st, outfield, SS. Griffey can play outfield, he is less versatile and a worse hitter. The 99 Griffey is very underwhelming honestly, Beltran is better, ted is better and is confirmed. Personally as the cover guy and the end game reward he really isn't that good. Oh well, kinda like Jackie this year I guess, by the time you get him you have better options than him to use.

Comment

Originally posted by bradphil87 View Post

But Hanley can play almost every position, 3rd, 1st, outfield, SS. Griffey can play outfield, he is less versatile and a worse hitter. The 99 Griffey is very underwhelming honestly, Beltran is better, ted is better and is confirmed. Personally as the cover guy and the end game reward he really isn't that good. Oh well, kinda like Jackie this year I guess, by the time you get him you have better options than him to use.
                            Just because it's listed as a secondary position doesn't mean it's ideal. Hanley is a terrible defensive player at any spot besides 1B, and it won't be listed as an option for all of his FB cards this year.

Comment

I know the point is that he is the crown jewel of this game but couldn't the same argument be made of a lot of the legends in the game, For instance Ozzie Smith prime isn't an elite SS, I would say there are 15 live series guys that would be better options if you were trying to win a H2H game, also the majority of Legend pitchers aren't viable options in H2H. Just a thought, I like how the attributes are tied to the real life stats and while SDS doesn't get it right 100% of the time they do a pretty great job overall IMO, sure you can cherry pick someone's speed vs someone else and say there is a discrepancy, but as someone pointed out earlier his lefty contact aligns pretty well with his lefty split from 97.

Comment

I think this is a great card. I see some of people points that he is the face of the game but 70 contact isnt really that bad. Plus his defense is pretty damn good.

Comment

Working...
                                X