Ratings In MLB 17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings In MLB 17

Just a heads up, this entire post will be based off what we learned in the DD stream for MLB 17. Now with that being said, WHAT?????

I am utterly confused about the player ratings we have been shown for MLB 17. First off, did they change what overall is required for diamond status? I have seen 90, 91, and 92 players with diamond status, particularly the 90 overall Yoenis Cespedes diamond card. On the other hand, I have seen cards higher or equal to the 90 Cespedes, particularly 90 Cueto (Gold) and 92 Madbum (Gold) Then there are duplicate cards with different ratings. There's a 95 Sale (diamond) and a 92 Sale (Gold) and then there's also an 89 Cespedes (Gold) and they're all the live series card as far as I can tell. Finally, regardless of diamond or gold status, some cards have received a drop in rating, despite having a spectacular season. In particular, Max Scherzer is coming off a Cy Young award and received a drop in rating from 94 to 93?

I do understand that these ratings may very well be not in the finished product of the game, but if these are the actual ratings, what gives SDS?

94 Trout and 97 Rich Hill?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

All of this being said, did you watch the DD livestream yesterday? They announced the ratings tiers, and the ratings of several players.

Comment

I didn't actually watch the stream, just going off screenshots and highlights I've seen from the stream

Comment

Originally posted by VortexNukezz View Post
        I didn't actually watch the stream, just going off screenshots and highlights I've seen from the stream
        Those screenshots must've been from older teasers. Trout is a 99, Rich Hill is an 86. The stream is archived on their Twitch channel if you want to watch it at http://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio !

Comment

One thing that stood out to me was them saying drop rates will be about the same. With lots more diamonds after moving overall down to 90 overall should make it more difficult to complete teams with more players being listed in the 10-20k range that were previously in the 3-5k range

Comment

Originally posted by EJ_NFL_24 View Post

Those screenshots must've been from older teasers. Trout is a 99, Rich Hill is an 86. The stream is archived on their Twitch channel if you want to watch it at http://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio !
            Okay lol thanks for clearing that up, just about had a heart attack when I saw it

Comment

Originally posted by tnutz003 View Post
              One thing that stood out to me was them saying drop rates will be about the same. With lots more diamonds after moving overall down to 90 overall should make it more difficult to complete teams with more players being listed in the 10-20k range that were previously in the 3-5k range
              Oh god, I hadn't even considered that

Comment

Working...
              X