Packs and Stubs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packs and Stubs

Saw a lot of complaints of people not pulling anything from buying a bunch of packs. Some people saying that they opened hundreds of packs. Decided to test it myself. Spent 10,000 stubs on packs... 10 packs, best pull was a Kyle Schwarber (78) lol.... why would anyone even try this? Waste of stubs no? I stopped at 10 packs and realized that it's waste of time/stubs. When the new game comes out I'd rather not waste on that. Or am I missing something here? Quickest way to get a solid team when the new game comes out??

Originally posted by amendoza616 View Post
    Saw a lot of complaints of people not pulling anything from buying a bunch of packs. Some people saying that they opened hundreds of packs. Decided to test it myself. Spent 10,000 stubs on packs... 10 packs, best pull was a Kyle Schwarber (78) lol.... why would anyone even try this? Waste of stubs no? I stopped at 10 packs and realized that it's waste of time/stubs. When the new game comes out I'd rather not waste on that. Or am I missing something here? Quickest way to get a solid team when the new game comes out??
    Packs are hit or miss but fun for me to open

Comment

Originally posted by amendoza616 View Post
      You're gonna complain about not getting anything out of 10 packs? lol that's nothing pal. I have my team pretty much complete and had 173,000 stubs left. I spent every last stub. I bought 8 20 pack bundles, 1 10 pack bundle, and 3 singles. That's right, I spent all of that on packs. I couldn't believe that I only received ONE SINGLE DIAMOND. Like I said, my team was done so its not a huge loss, but it still very disappointing. It took forever just to open all of those packs.

Comment

Originally posted by mgsfan222 View Post

You're gonna complain about not getting anything out of 10 packs? lol that's nothing pal. I have my team pretty much complete and had 173,000 stubs left. I spent every last stub. I bought 8 20 pack bundles, 1 10 pack bundle, and 3 singles. That's right, I spent all of that on packs. I couldn't believe that I only received ONE SINGLE DIAMOND. Like I said, my team was done so its not a huge loss, but it still very disappointing. It took forever just to open all of those packs.
        I did about the same and still haven't gotten a diamond player. I must be over 800 packs by now. Bought a 20 pack bundle and a 10 packer today. Not so much as a gold player. Good thing I don't care about stubs anymore because I'd be upset. At this point, it's just par for the course as far a pulls.

Comment

You guys had some bad luck, that's all. I have opened a lot of packs, so many I can't remember and got a few diamonds along with plenty of golds. Last bondle of 20 got me CP Davis and rookie McCain.

Comment

Originally posted by taterracing View Post

I did about the same and still haven't gotten a diamond player. I must be over 800 packs by now. Bought a 20 pack bundle and a 10 packer today. Not so much as a gold player. Good thing I don't care about stubs anymore because I'd be upset. At this point, it's just par for the course as far a pulls.
            I've probably opened over 800 as well. My pack luck I guess has been a lot better as I've gotten over 10 diamonds, at least, and I've also gotten pretty much every major rookie to prime mission card. I guess it just depends. Better odds would definitely be nice, but they'd ruin the game doing that.

Comment

Yeah I think it is a matter of luck. I havent opened too many packs, I'd say less than 100 by far and have pulled quite a few golds (Marte, Beltre, others I don't remember) and a Kris Bryant. Felt like it was easier to get diamonds from captains store and missions

Comment

packs will always be what they are. I actually opened my first 3 bundles (can't recall if they were 10 or 20 packs but) pulled a diamond in each one at the beginning of the year. Miggy (who I didn't get via pull or market at all in MLB 15), Jose Fernandez and David Price. CSaint (I'd say a pretty decently known YouTuber) just recently pulled his first diamond. I'm pretty sure he pulled more packs than me but I do know I pulled a ton of packs and was pulling huge amounts of packs up until recently at the end of every month and I got my fair share of diamonds, legends and flashbacks. I think this year with the formula changing on overalls and lowering the threshold for diamond to 90 overall we'll see more diamonds pulled.

But no matter what people will say that they are getting trash pulls. It happens in every game. In Madden for example the topper can be a guaranteed ultimate legend and people will get made that they pulled La'Roi Glover instead of Marshawn Lynch. So I'm pretty sure that people will do the same when they pull say Kenley Jansen instead of Clayton Kershaw.

Comment

A) Opening packs is fun
                  B) People opening packs (MILLIONS of packs) puts more and more cards into the market to buy/sell. If nobody was buying packs the market would be out of control expensive

Comment

It finally happened. I'll stop complaining now.

Comment

Not sure how many packs I've opened but my experience is the 20 pack bundles seem to yield better results. I have probably opened between 15 to 20 (20) packs I think I had 1 bundle that didn't have a gold and most bundles I pulled at least two golds, I think ihave probably only pulled 1 or 2 diamond players but have gotten probably 5 diamond players in daily log in or post game rewards. I think it's just a numbers game odds aren't great but like others have said they are fun to open and if your flipping cards the bundles usually pay for themselves.

Comment

If no one buys packs there would be no cards on the Marketplace to get... with the exception of the daily login, end game and xp level up cards... and opening packs in MLB isn't as bank account draining as say a Madden or NBA2K game. Madden bundles and packs drop every 1-3 days and can top out over $100 if you use every available purchase. NBA 2K drops "Moments" cards (last years moments system was way better in my opinion, as this year cards drop for any old thing if the player can get to the next tier) so you could easily drop VC on that game everyday "chasing" the new shiny moment card because someone came up from d-league and had a 20 and 10 game.

Obviously I'd like more of a guarantee as to getting particular tier or type of card with the standard packs but I think MLB more than makes up for it with the variety of ways that you can get cards without getting packs... plus unlike other modes its easier to make stubs than it is to get coins (Madden) or vc/mt (NBA 2K) and I'll just leave it at that.

Comment

I've been opening packs recently bc my team has been done for a long time. It really is hit or miss. Just bought 5 20 pack bundles without a single diamond and I think 3 gold players. A couple weeks ago I did the same thing and got like 6 diamonds and a handful of gold's including Altuve. Some days are better than others. Definitely not a good idea to do if you're trying to complete collections.

Comment

thats funny , ive gotten 3 diamond players in the 2 cards you get at the end of a game , Kershaw , Bryant and Rizzo

the packs i bought ive gotten several diamond FB players , and several rookies , lately been getting junk , ive sold almost all of my good players , figure ony a couple weeks to the release and im getting bored with slim pickings on missions

Comment

Most of my packs have been total busts, one 20 packer got me the rookie Mauer on the last card but nothing to really brag about for the past year with packs. Finished the league and am just buying 10/20 pack bundles as I get stubs just for the hell of it at this point.
                              Then as I'm about to be done with the whole thing til next month they rope me back in with a very decent 20 packer yesterday, all three of the guaranteed silvers were from the Dodgers and Cubs and was able to sell them for a decent profit, then LS Cargo, LS Wilson Ramos, LS AJ Pollock, the New Years Cleats I believe and the Top Secret Gameplan or whatever (ritual). And just like that enough for another two 20 packers when I get home from work. Seems like the odds on pack pulls and rewards have been getting better lately. If they announce last minute some kind of stub carry over I may have a stroke though.

Comment

Working...
                              X