Playoff Pressure Missions - Worth It IMO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff Pressure Missions - Worth It IMO

So I just completed both the first and second level Playoff Pressure Missions where you play a certain amount of innings with the Dodger, Indians, Cubs and Blue Jays for level I and then feed players from said teams to your created player for level II to earn solid players (86 Justin Turner/92 Lindor/92 Chapman/1 Standard pack). After completing all 8 you earn XP's, stubs and a 10 pack. I had a pretty descent squad and just focused on these missions recently. I had earned the innings with all but the Blue Jays without focusing on it and just playing my players the last few weeks, and then put a few games in with 5 Blue Jays I purchased and then fed to finish that mission.

So my goal lately is to get my created player (Mickey Mantle) jacked up. So instead of spending my stubs on packs, I invested them in these missions. After all was said and done, I sold all the guys earned from the missions and in total I think it cost me around 8k in stubs. Since you earn a 10 pack of cards that I was going to buy anyway to feed Mantle that would have cost me 10k stubs, it was already worth it, Plus in feeding my player to complete the missions my created player got much better and got some XPs. So win/win. I just had to invest some time in it. Of course, this is based on the current market today (the main factor in the market being what you can sell the earned players for), but I would recommend going this route if you are planning on purchasing packs. Especially if you've already completed 2 or 3 of the level I missions organically.

Ok, I'm off to open my packs to see what crap I got.

PS. Don't be a glitch bunter. It makes the game worse for everyone. The game is supposed to be fun, so don't be a prick.

Lol. I played you with my brother earlier on his profile and you were a complete bunter lol.

Vikings batting. Murphy bunted to the pitcher for a single. Watson in bullpen. Osuna in bullpen. Morales pinch hit for Hernandez. Murphy was picked off. Morales bunted to the pitcher for a single. Morales reached 2nd on a passed ball. Reyes lined to shortstop for a single. Morales advances to 3rd. Morales was picked off. Reyes stole 2nd. Brantley struck out chasing a curveball low and in.
    Last edited by saintsfan_1029; 02-19-2017, 05:47 PM.

Comment

I finished these missions and in the 10 pack bundle I pulled LS Tulo. I didn't need him but still got 3.5 k for him

Comment

Yes,saintsfan, you were the guy who started the bunting remember? And you picked Murphy off because you threw over to 1st literally ten times in a row until you got your way like a little baby. It's people like you that I'm referring to that ruin the game by taking advantage of a clear glitch in the game. SDS should create a second DD that all you glitchers can go play with each other. In regards to the bunting, if you don't bunt neither do I. Ever. I sacrifice bunt, but I actually make sure to square early because I'm fair. I don't glitch bunt with fast players or with lefties with shifts on them. But I don't deal with bull****. And how you remember everything that happened is beyond me. You are either rain man, only played that one game today, or need to find another hobby.
        Last edited by rufus1121; 02-19-2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus1121 View Post
          or need to find another hobby.
          Pretty sure a lot of people have been saying that about saintsfan but he doesn't listen, all he does is complain about literally everything

Comment

Yes,saintsfan, you were the guy who started the bunting remember? And you picked Murphy off because you threw over to 1st literally ten times in a row until you got your way like a little baby. It's people like you that I'm referring to that ruin the game by taking advantage of a clear glitch in the game. SDS should create a second DD that all you glitchers can go play with each other. In regards to the bunting, if you don't bunt neither do I. Ever. I sacrifice bunt, but I actually make sure to square early because I'm fair. I don't glitch bunt with fast players or with lefties with shifts on them. But I don't deal with bull****. And how you remember everything that happened is beyond me. You are either rain man, only played that one game today, or need to find another hobby.
            I am rain man. And I challenge you to look at the game log and find were we bunted with anyone other than a pitcher before you started the bunt fest. Go ahead.

Comment

Sounds like someone doesnt know there is a game log on this site for all online games played. That is the best way to tell who plays baseball and who cheeses. And if you bunt with power hitters that is worse then bunting with fast guys. Bunting against a shift isnt that bad because they shouldnt have an extreme shift on to begin with. That is just poor lazy defense.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckCLC View Post
                Sounds like someone doesnt know there is a game log on this site for all online games played. That is the best way to tell who plays baseball and who cheeses. And if you bunt with power hitters that is worse then bunting with fast guys. Bunting against a shift isnt that bad because they shouldnt have an extreme shift on to begin with. That is just poor lazy defense.

CPU usually puts that shift on. I'm not expecting someone to bunt with David Ortiz so why should I take the shift off. Ortiz is going to do any number of things but bunting down the third base line isn't one of them. If you swing away and get an opposite field hit then GG and good at-bat.

Comment

Originally posted by romeischillin View Post

CPU usually puts that shift on. I'm not expecting someone to bunt with David Ortiz so why should I take the shift off. Ortiz is going to do any number of things but bunting down the third base line isn't one of them. If you swing away and get an opposite field hit then GG and good at-bat.
                  Lol opposite field kind of like this?
                  https://youtu.be/KZth29D337A

Comment

Originally posted by MannyJay24 View Post

Lol opposite field kind of like this?
                    https://youtu.be/KZth29D337A

Robinson Cano isn't David Ortiz but good one... and as you can probably see he was fast enough to make it to 2nd for a double... highly doubt even in The Show if Ortiz bunts that he'd make it to 2nd for a double

Comment

Robinson Cano isn't David Ortiz but good one... and as you can probably see he was fast enough to make it to 2nd for a double... highly doubt even in The Show if Ortiz bunts that he'd make it to 2nd for a double
                      Lol i know just a fun little video of a heads up at bat.

Comment

Lol i know just a fun little video of a heads up at bat.

yeah I know... obviously it happens but very rare that a player will attempt it. Especially for me in video games I want to maximize my players and bunting with a power hitter that doesn't have speed minimizes the potential damage you could've done with that player. Really hoping this year that we the attributes matter as the devs are alluding to and attempting to show in the gameplay that they have made available or highlighted in videos/trailers. We won't have definitive answers until we play ourselves as with any game but I'm confident that we'll see improvements over 16.

Comment

Well that's kind of what I mean if someone doesn't want to turn off auto shift maybe cuz they don't play that often than they deserve to be exploited. anyone who plays a decent amount of time has their setting set optimal and doesn't have the computer shifting for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckCLC View Post
                            Well that's kind of what I mean if someone doesn't want to turn off auto shift maybe cuz they don't play that often than they deserve to be exploited. anyone who plays a decent amount of time has their setting set optimal and doesn't have the computer shifting for them.
                            Is there a way to not have the cpu automatically set a shift?

Comment

Is there a way to not have the cpu automatically set a shift?
                              Yes you can turn off auto shifts in options. I dont know if you can do it during game though.

Comment

Working...
                              X