Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ramone Russell talking about DD upgrades at IGN.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramone Russell talking about DD upgrades at IGN.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/02/19...ades-explained

The game looks great! I just don't know if I will like the new head to head format. Your rating resets with each season and your playing for a reward. I'm not a world series level player and I know a lot of your are not either. Will the W.S. caliber players always make it there and collect their reward while the rest of us who are mediocre players never get there? Will there be more cheese tactics to get there since there is a reward on the line?

Comment

Originally posted by thinkbluedgr View Post
      The game looks great! I just don't know if I will like the new head to head format. Your rating resets with each season and your playing for a reward. I'm not a world series level player and I know a lot of your are not either. Will the W.S. caliber players always make it there and collect their reward while the rest of us who are mediocre players never get there? Will there be more cheese tactics to get there since there is a reward on the line?
      I'm excited about seasons myself. I think the new format will actually keep more players engaged throughout the season and, consequently, broaden the overall player pool that plays H2H instead of the same ~400+ diehards that you see over and over. So your odds of playing a WS player might actually go down.

As for the cheese... I dunno man. I have the same concerns as you.

Comment

There are 8 divisions now in head to head play, I wonder what the difficulty is associated with each division. Veteran, all star, or hall of fame?

Also can you play the events feature offline, or is it strictly online? Im surprised they made these major changes after the DD deep dive stream.

Comment

There are 8 divisions now in head to head play, I wonder what the difficulty is associated with each division. Veteran, all star, or hall of fame?

Also can you play the events feature offline, or is it strictly online? Im surprised they made these major changes after the DD deep dive stream.

events is online. There will be missions in Franchise just not sure how those will be handled, will have to wait for Franchise stream most likely or a Franchise vlog/blog post or a feature from another media outlet covering the game like GameStop, GameSpot, IGN, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by romeischillin View Post

events is online.
            Will people really want to go for 60 wins online for that wild west event with only players from the west just to get a gold roberto alomar who has mediocre hitting stats? is events tied in with your DD rating? Does it count on universal profile? hmm.

Comment

I just watched that interview and I thought one thing he said was slightly odd. How would you have a program for all lefties? That would be impossible to field 9 left handed position players without having your defense going to garbage.
              O's, Stroh's, and Natty Boh's Hon

Comment

Originally posted by two7offsuit View Post
                I just watched that interview and I thought one thing he said was slightly odd. How would you have a program for all lefties? That would be impossible to field 9 left handed position players without having your defense going to garbage.
                I think that was just an example off the top of his head. They probably don't plan to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by TheeAtomicPunk View Post
                  I think that was just an example off the top of his head. They probably don't plan to do that.
                  Lol. I sure hope so or it would look like a little league game out there.
                  O's, Stroh's, and Natty Boh's Hon

Comment

Will people really want to go for 60 wins online for that wild west event with only players from the west just to get a gold roberto alomar who has mediocre hitting stats? is events tied in with your DD rating? Does it count on universal profile? hmm.

Wild Wild West looks like the first of many events and if they don't change anything yes people will go for 60 (me included) to get Alomar. You have to also take into account that the innings length for games will vary and WWW is unless things change a 3-inning per game (not counting extras) event.

Comment

Well I'm very much looking forward to it but I can see why there is some concern about how exactly some of this stuff will work. We'll see but my guess is there will be so many ways to play DD that most players will find their niche. I also enjoy franchise and RTTS so we'll see what mix I'll play. None-the-less I am very excited and have been making it a point to be home for the streams (fortunately I can work my full day and get home on time. )

Comment

One question about DD....i didn't notice any big changes to the marketplace and I'm hoping searching is improved.....It's hard to find that specific type of player your team needs in 16

Comment

Originally posted by cepwin View Post
                          One question about DD....i didn't notice any big changes to the marketplace and I'm hoping searching is improved.....It's hard to find that specific type of player your team needs in 16
                          I'm not sure how they could improve it any more. Do you use filters? What would you do to change it?

Comment

Originally posted by TheeAtomicPunk View Post
                            I'm not sure how they could improve it any more. Do you use filters? What would you do to change it?
                            Search by name function like the TSN website would be nice. Or ability to sort and/or filter by attributes.

Comment

Originally posted by basetommyball View Post
                              Search by name function like the TSN website would be nice. Or ability to sort and/or filter by attributes.
                              Precisely! That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Comment

Working...
                              X