hacked this weekend after H2H game :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hacked this weekend after H2H game :(

Pretty sure my PS4 account was hacked this weekend.
    Was playing a game and went up 5-0 in the 5th or something like that.
    Dude quits on me. So I text him and say "thanks for the game, quitter" or something along those lines and blocked him.
    I go back along my ways an all of a sudden the PS4 tells me "<my name> has logged in from another PS4" WTF? So I log back in quick again.
    Within seconds same thing.
    Ok... not good. So I quick try to change my password but I gotta find it first. And even in trying to find it I keep getting logged out in the same manner.
    Up and back this goes for a dozen tries -- finally I get dual authentication set up (yeah I should have had it set up prior...)
    Get my password changed and the dust settles.
    God damn people are assholes.

Just don't blame it on Russia, k?

Comment

How do you know it had anything to do with the H2H game you played.

Comment

I blame the CIA and Mossad. And Pedophiles.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan_1029 View Post
          How do you know it had anything to do with the H2H game you played.

I admit I don't KNOW it. but it came just moments after the text. If not related it was very coincidental.

Comment

So...in the long run was sending the message to the quitter even worth it?

Not defending the hacker here at all and if it went down exactly as you stated above (no other exchange of messages), blocking them before they can reply to your message probably pissed them off. You are lucky that in the amount of time they had control of your account they didn't sell off your collection of cards and replace them with common cards. Did you check the status of your other games that you play online?

Think twice before you message someone and think three times about what is in the message. This is even more important when messaging quitters, cheesers or lag switchers. You never know what someone is capable of doing. The satisfaction you get from sending that message probably isn't worth the headache of a completely hacked account.

also what day did this game happen. we can all be cautious and go to your history and find the gamer and block them.

Comment

Not saying it was right if he did anything but, you were the "asshole" first obviously.

Comment

Were you missing cards? stubs? All you say is you got hacked.

Did you call Sony to report this? If you did what did they say?

Comment

I know it pisses me off when someone messages me. Just saying!

Comment

A lot of times it isnt "hacked", it is just someone guessing your password. Change your password every so often and mix it up with Caps, numbers and symbols.

Comment

enable dual verification problem solved and seriously doubt it had to do with your opponent

Comment

honestly no one (atleast not me anyway) is going to go out of their way to hack someone over a message. Now if you left yourself open to someone getting your password... did you try to get "free psn codes" before?... then there in lies your problem. Even calling the person a quitter which was pointless shouldn't have triggered that person enough (atleast it wouldn't have triggered me) to try to guess your password especially with how quick it happened.

I typically will only GG someone if the game goes the whole way or if I get disconnected/lose my internet connection no matter the score if the game was a good one by my undetermined nonspecific standards.

Comment

Working...
                        X