Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever accidentally did a sell now on your card?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever accidentally did a sell now on your card?

I just did it with Dave Winfield. I paid 90,000 for his card and have been trying to sell it but it's been difficult and so I went to put a new buy now up for it and accidentally sold it for 75,000 with the sell now. I wish there was some kind of screen that asks you to verify. What's your biggest mistake meaning how many stubs have you lost with accidentally hitting sell now?

I did it just recently with a piece of equipment. My X button tends to stick sometimes, and it sold. Luckily, I was only out a few grand. I agree that there should be a confirmation.

Comment

It's happened to me a couple of times when trying to flip cards. Fortunately it was on cheaper cards. I agree that there should be a confirmation button before a buy now or sell now to prevent that from happening.
      O's, Stroh's, and Natty Boh's Hon

Comment

tends to happen if I'm moving too fast through the menus. Most times after it happens I'll slow back down to ensure that I'm putting the card up for a buy now order instead of doing the sell now. I think there is some type of confirm thing but I was moving too fast to notice. If I'm in a charitable mood this year I'll do the sell now like I did towards end of last years game but I think this year despite playing more games this year I've actually played less in the lead up to 17 as I think I just wore myself out on everything that dropped into the game at the tail end. But yeah just take your time when trying to put cards up.

Comment

When moving to fast I have done this with buying cards instead of putting in a buy order I have gotten it for the buy now price, never hurt me too bad as far as stubs as it's been on lower level items.

Comment

Good post lol.

The worst I can remember is during a trout flip. Cost me about 9 large I think and yes it happens to the best of us.... had a few oops moments

Comment

Sorry you overpaid for Winfield, pretty sure everybody at some point or another has gone too fast and bought or sold at the now price, I bought rookie Cano for 25k accidentally when I could have had him for 18k

Comment

They need a verify button before or something like that. That's why you see people wanting to
                buy a good card for 1 stub because they know someone might accidentally accept it as a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by skepple15 View Post
                  Sorry you overpaid for Winfield, pretty sure everybody at some point or another has gone too fast and bought or sold at the now price, I bought rookie Cano for 25k accidentally when I could have had him for 18k
                  im new to dynasty , ive been playing the show since 06 but always stuck with a little franchise and mostly RTTS , how do you get that deal , i thought the buy now price was what it costs

admittedly i have had a brutal learning curve because i only started playing dynasty 3 months ago and there was allot of waste learning to get the best value out of each card including feeding , i had so many cards and equipment built up at my disposal from a years worth of RTTS ,and most were pilfered due to ignorance of how to use to get the greatest value

how do you get a card in your example 7k cheaper than the list price

Comment

Originally posted by hoo_pharted View Post

im new to dynasty , ive been playing the show since 06 but always stuck with a little franchise and mostly RTTS , how do you get that deal , i thought the buy now price was what it costs

admittedly i have had a brutal learning curve because i only started playing dynasty 3 months ago and there was allot of waste learning to get the best value out of each card including feeding , i had so many cards and equipment built up at my disposal from a years worth of RTTS ,and most were pilfered due to ignorance of how to use to get the greatest value

how do you get a card in your example 7k cheaper than the list price

instead of just buying outright put in a buy order, put your buy order in for 5 stubs over the sell now price

Comment

Ugh, this post just reminded me that Winfield has sold for over 125K multiple times last I checked. Total bone head move by me but whatever.

Comment

Working...
                      X