Everyone's favourite card this year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone's favourite card this year?

So with, MLB 17 just over a month away, I thought I'd create a thread where everyone can share their favourite player this year! For me, it has to be Jose Altuve. I picked him up at the start of the year when he was a 94 and no one has played 2B since. I now have over 600 (😲) games played with that card and the dude is still hitting .335 for me. He's been a rock at the top of my line-up all year and plays gold glove defense at 2B. I'd love to hear what your guys favourite card has been this year and I know for sure one of my first pickups next year will be Mr. Altuve!

Woah!
    I thought my 400 games w Altuve was a lot!
    I'd have to say Kris Bryant and Jose Fernandez

Comment

My earliest decent card was Christian Yelich and across all game modes even before his upgrade I have done stellar with him, dunno his avg. off the top of my head for DD. But I used him up until it was a no brainer to put one of my diamonds out there in Left as well as working on team/captain specific missions. Still can do no wrong with the guy even in cheese royale if I land him.
      Herrera from the Phillies was another middle rated guy I completely killed it with. Bryant was my first diamond and I dunno what it was but I was just terrible as could be with the guy, drew a lot of walks but could rarely square anything up say for a HR once in every 20 or so AB's. Stopped using him so I wouldn't put his NL MVP honor to shame.

Comment

Since last year its been Anthony Rizzo. Of course I've went to other ones like Fielder, Votto, and Goldie but Rizzo is the man. And he will be my starting 1st baseman in 17 as well.

Comment

I don't play a lot online, but Kris Bryant is by far my favorite card. I love his swing, and his defense is solid whether I have him at the hot corner or in left field

Comment

Prime Bautista has 52 HRs fore me and only played 100 games including conquest. LS Brantley batted .375 for me at lead off until I got Josh Hamilton. LS Miggy was my best hitter for my team.

Comment

Man I forgot about LS Brantley, he was amazing for me as well. This kind of relates to another post I saw last week about how much a players vision effects their hitting. Clearly I do better with guys with higher vision and contact rather than guys like Bryant, big power but lower vision. I may have to give prime Bautista another shot even though I hate him, the few games I used him after his mission I recall that I raked.

Comment

I'd have to say my favorite card was 93 Ichiro. You just can't beat the defense, speed, and contact. I only grinded for a few cards and this one was way worth it.

And the one card I would of liked to have but didn't get was prime Matt Kemp. Maybe in 17 if it will be available. He would of been my center fielder, Trout in left, Ichiro in right.
                Last edited by thinkbluedgr; 02-21-2017, 05:12 PM.

Comment

While it's not sexy and the card certainly has flaws, my favorite card this year has been Manny Machado Live Series. The number of outs I've made with him in defense of bunts has been priceless in this year's game. His speed in conjunction with his arm strength has made bunting an ineffective strategy for my opponents to get runners on.

Comment

My favorite has been Starling Marte. He's been on my team since the beginning and I'll be hard pressed to replace him if I get another diamond outfielder. His power isn't the greatest, but he has no shortage of homeruns. His speed of 92 makes him a great lead off guy. He is like one of those sleeper golds that nobody really thinks of, but he's been solid for me, and I will definitely get him early in 17.

Comment

Great call .... I almost forgot about him and how much I used him this year!

Comment

For a non superstar card, Kiermaier just rakes for me.

Comment

Outfield has to be Votto packed him as a Gold and he has been solid. Hits both righties and lefties and very few errors at 1st base.

Special mention to Carter Capps who has been lights out, by far my most user pitcher and has an ERA of just over 1.00. seeing a game out or my starter heving a nightmare I can always rely on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart0762 View Post
                            Outfield has to be Votto packed him as a Gold and he has been solid. Hits both righties and lefties and very few errors at 1st base.

Special mention to Carter Capps who has been lights out, by far my most user pitcher and has an ERA of just over 1.00. seeing a game out or my starter heving a nightmare I can always rely on him.
                            I'll second Carter Capps. He has remained my closer since early in the game's release. No matter how many gold and diamond relievers I get, him and Darren O'Day have a place in my bullpen.

Comment

From the left side Reggie Stocker, from the right side Prime Tulo. Honorable mention to FB Ethier and Juan Marichal.

Comment

Working...
                              X