Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upset with the news from today's Dev stream.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upset with the news from today's Dev stream.

So, they're changing it so you can no longer see the handedness of the opposing pitcher pre-game. You will have to lock in one lineup, and can't change it. This was their way of avoiding people backing out vs. Lefties at the lineup screen. I think this was possibly the worst way to address the issue.

Totally agree. Unbelievably bad how bad they dropped the ball. I mean, even in real life, teams know who they are facing when they turn in their lineup. Crazy dumb decision by them. Removes tons of strategy and team management from the game.

Comment

Originally posted by EJ_NFL_24 View Post
      So, they're changing it so you can no longer see the handedness of the opposing pitcher pre-game. You will have to lock in one lineup, and can't change it. This was their way of avoiding people backing out vs. Lefties at the lineup screen. I think this was possibly the worst way to address the issue.
      It probably means more people will be using lefties (thinking that most players are setting up to face righties). I always like to put players who can hit lefties on my bench though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheeAtomicPunk View Post
        It probably means more people will be using lefties (thinking that most players are setting up to face righties). I always like to put players who can hit lefties on my bench though.
        Your problem is that those players who can hit lefties that are on your bench, will still be on your bench when you play against a lefty starter. So, you will have to either leave if the players you normally use against righties, or pinch hit the first time through the lineup, essentially wasting your bench spots.

Comment

I wish there would be a way where you could change your lineup if in fact you didn't like it but the pitcher your facing be it left or right would be a lock. I think that would be a better way to go.

Comment

There had to have been a way to make you have to "quit" at lineup screen and be assessed a loss for doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan_1029 View Post

Your problem is that those players who can hit lefties that are on your bench, will still be on your bench when you play against a lefty starter. So, you will have to either leave if the players you normally use against righties, or pinch hit the first time through the lineup, essentially wasting your bench spots.
              Well, not if a lefty reliever comes in (which is often the case at some point). I don't know how else they could have done it really. I don't like the idea of everyone being givin more leeway before the game because some players take FOREVER to fiddle with their lineups.

Comment

Well, not if a lefty reliever comes in (which is often the case at some point). I don't know how else they could have done it really. I don't like the idea of everyone being givin more leeway before the game because some players take FOREVER to fiddle with their lineups.
                Set a timer at the lineup screen. BOOM! Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by EJ_NFL_24 View Post

Set a timer at the lineup screen. BOOM! Problem solved.
                  I don't know about that. Some players are total aholes and will back out at the last second. To be an ahole or for whatever other reason. But, if they can't back out? then okay that does sound best. The thing is though, we aren't devs so we don't know for sure what exactly they can and can't do with the game. Maybe for some unknown reason to us that isn't feasible for them.
                  Last edited by TheeAtomicPunk; 02-23-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

I don't know about that. Some players are total aholes and will back out at the last second. To be an ahole or for whatever other reason. But, if they can't back out? then okay that does sound best. The thing is though, we aren't devs so we don't know for sure what exactly they can and can't do with the game. Maybe for some unknown reason to us that isn't feasible for them.
                    Lock it so you can't back out then. NBA2K has this in their pre-game settings.

Comment

EJ_NFL_24 They should've went with the most logical solution (2 lineups) . Still it's not that bad, people need to learn to hit L vs L , I've seen people sub out Reggie Stoker because they can't hit L vs L smh... RIP platoon hitters though, these cards will decrease dramatically in value.

Comment

Get those players with good ratings vs RHP and LHP, problem solved

Comment

All that needed to be done was for there to be some sort of penalty for backing out at the lineup screen, best being a loss on your record and a loss of rating points.

Comment

I like the change. Gives Lefty SPs more value too.

Just balance out your lineup like HustlinOwl said.

Comment

Originally posted by HustlinOwl View Post
                              Get those players with good ratings vs RHP and LHP, problem solved
                              Especially switch hitters.

Comment

Working...
                              X