I LOVED today's stream news!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I LOVED today's stream news!

1: it was SOOOOOO out of control that some no skilled jackass could bring in his created 99 over all "starting pitcher" with NO energy and dominate the entire game with again, zero energy from pitch 1 he threw. Now granted I usually won these types of games but that didn't make it any less frustrating. Now I know they said this new work around (bunting too, I'll get there) is a work in progress and may (most likely knowing SDS lol) not work as they stated/we interpreted but the logic behind it I LOVE it. No longer should we need to worry about Chapman throwing 100 on the black for 50+ pitches and so on.

2: bunt cheese....I HATE YOU SO MUCH AND WANT TO MURDER EVERY BASTARD WHO DID THIS! K idk how many of you saw the stream today but again IF it works the way they hope or we hope BYE BYE BUNT CHEESE. I like the idea of if bunt ability not 50+ it'll be a pop out or right at a fielder or not contacted at all. Now while unrealistic I also love how they claim to be totally eliminating hunting vs the shift redirecting it to the shifted side. Not sure how this will end up working but I'm sure some butt hurt sissies will be bitching about it 2 weeks in tops lol. All I can say is before these babies start crying about it how about A realize REAL MLB pitchers will hit/walk batters and throw FAT pitches when dead tired and B REAL MLB players/teams don't have rosters stacked with 20 guys who are all 80+ speed/stealing and bunt for 10+ hits and steal 10 bases a freaking game. I love this and HOPE TO GOD it works exactly as they explained. They also said that for those dummies who keep trying the penalty will get worse each attempt.

Also seeing as they said this IF I understand correctly they said that starting in 17 once you get the the lineup screen in H2H dd, if you back out for any reason even before game starts you'll get a loss for that game, loss points in rating and lose that games reward...all without having ever started the game. I love it! But if this IS how it works then I would say they should of left it showing the handedness of the pitcher regardless. Thoughts people?

Hope for the best but, there is always a but.

Comment

Originally posted by JAM0NEAND0 View Post
      Hope for the best but, there is always a but.
      Oh but of course lol, I guess I love the idea at this point.

Comment

I liked all of that plus all they did with the Universal Profile. I wish they would have said which online modes count towards the stats on it though. And, of course, it is a real sore spot not showing whether pitchers are lefties or righties. That's a horrible decision and will ruin much of the work they've done to make lineups more varied.

Comment

I loved the part about combating the bunt cheese. It was one of the big reasons I didn't play against other people as you can see I only played two online games this year in BR and one was a bunt cheeser.

While I'm glad they tried to tackle the people backing out vs. lefties, I don't know if the way they went about it the way I hoped they would.

I would have liked it if you can create two lineups on your squad screen. One vs. lefties and one vs. righties and you wouldn't know which one you'll be using until the game starts like they showed in the livestream.

Also, I don't remember seeing this addressed in this or any other livestream, but were they able to separate records and stats vs human opponents and AI?
          O's, Stroh's, and Natty Boh's Hon

Comment

Originally posted by two7offsuit View Post

Also, I don't remember seeing this addressed in this or any other livestream, but were they able to separate records and stats vs human opponents and AI?
            I don't remember this from yesterday's stream either but I feel they have said it before though

Comment

Originally posted by cdotcizzle View Post
              1: it was SOOOOOO out of control that some no skilled jackass could bring in his created 99 over all "starting pitcher" with NO energy and dominate the entire game with again, zero energy from pitch 1 he threw. Now granted I usually won these types of games but that didn't make it any less frustrating. Now I know they said this new work around (bunting too, I'll get there) is a work in progress and may (most likely knowing SDS lol) not work as they stated/we interpreted but the logic behind it I LOVE it. No longer should we need to worry about Chapman throwing 100 on the black for 50+ pitches and so on.

2: bunt cheese....I HATE YOU SO MUCH AND WANT TO MURDER EVERY BASTARD WHO DID THIS! K idk how many of you saw the stream today but again IF it works the way they hope or we hope BYE BYE BUNT CHEESE. I like the idea of if bunt ability not 50+ it'll be a pop out or right at a fielder or not contacted at all. Now while unrealistic I also love how they claim to be totally eliminating hunting vs the shift redirecting it to the shifted side. Not sure how this will end up working but I'm sure some butt hurt sissies will be bitching about it 2 weeks in tops lol. All I can say is before these babies start crying about it how about A realize REAL MLB pitchers will hit/walk batters and throw FAT pitches when dead tired and B REAL MLB players/teams don't have rosters stacked with 20 guys who are all 80+ speed/stealing and bunt for 10+ hits and steal 10 bases a freaking game. I love this and HOPE TO GOD it works exactly as they explained. They also said that for those dummies who keep trying the penalty will get worse each attempt.

Also seeing as they said this IF I understand correctly they said that starting in 17 once you get the the lineup screen in H2H dd, if you back out for any reason even before game starts you'll get a loss for that game, loss points in rating and lose that games reward...all without having ever started the game. I love it! But if this IS how it works then I would say they should of left it showing the handedness of the pitcher regardless. Thoughts people?

won't get a loss for backing out of lineup screen. You'll get the L if you back out of matchup screen or later. Since they took out the handedness there is no reason to back out of lineup screen.

Comment

Originally posted by cdotcizzle View Post

I don't remember this from yesterday's stream either but I feel they have said it before though

yeah there are separate leaderboards for h2h (ranked only I believe is what will be counted here), battle royale and vs CPU.

Comment

I hope they squash that drag bunt game freeze before release. In previous years new changes meant new crashes in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by romeischillin View Post

yeah there are separate leaderboards for h2h (ranked only I believe is what will be counted here), battle royale and vs CPU.
                    We were referring to game stats like HRs, avg. etc. against AI and human.

I may hit .300 vs. the CPU but only .225 vs humans but in '16, it was just one stat of whatever the combination was.

Comment

We were referring to game stats like HRs, avg. etc. against AI and human.

I may hit .300 vs. the CPU but only .225 vs humans but in '16, it was just one stat of whatever the combination was.

possibly on your profile there might be a way to look at them separately I was leaving work at the time they were on universal profile and didn't get a chance to rewatch.

Comment

Heard news that when going into a game, we won't know if the pitcher is left or right handed?

Comment

Originally posted by asheptastic27 View Post
                          Heard news that when going into a game, we won't know if the pitcher is left or right handed?
                          That is correct. This was their way of trying prevent people from backing out of games when seeing they were facing a LHP.

Comment

That is correct. This was their way of trying prevent people from backing out of games when seeing they were facing a LHP.

I don't understand that, there were better ways to fix that issue but it is what it is. Switch hitters are going to be at an all time premium and heavy platoon players will be non-existent or relegated to the bench. To see that bunt cheese was finally addressed, automatically makes 17 a must buy.
                            Last edited by asheptastic27; 02-24-2017, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by asheptastic27 View Post

I don't understand that, there were better ways to fix that issue but it is what it is. Switch hitters are going to be at an all time premium and heavy platoon players will be non-existent or relegated to the bench. To see that bunt cheese was finally addressed, automatically makes 17 a must buy.
                              I agree it wasn't the best way to fix it.

I suggested earlier that we should have to set up two lineups with our 25 man rosters on the "My Squad" screen. One to face lefties and another for righties and similar to how they have it in '17, you wouldn't know who you were facing until you hit the lineup screen which makes it too late to quit without taking a loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X