Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does MLB 17 have a "set lineup" screen for H2H DD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does MLB 17 have a "set lineup" screen for H2H DD?

I can't think of a single reason.

Yeah I posted about this in the previous thread earlier today. The set lineup screen is now a meaningless extra step in the pre-grame process.

Comment

They BETTER fix this. This is bad. So many cards are obsolete now. And lineups will be a lot a like. I'm very disappointed. Was going to buy a lot of stubs. Won't now.

Comment

Set line up?I missed this one what does that mean?When playing h2h our lineups will be made by the computer?

Comment

Originally posted by gameday7707 View Post
          Set line up?I missed this one what does that mean?When playing h2h our lineups will be made by the computer?

No apparently this year you set a lineup without seeing what handed pitcher you are facing since people use to back out when they see LHP. Simple solution would have been where we have to set a RHP lineup and a LHP lineup in the squad menu with our 25 man squad before we start matchmaking, and it auto chooses which lineup without showing what handed pitcher we are facing until the load menu. It's mind boggling why they didn't come up with this solution instead of the one they came up with now.

Comment

Originally posted by RamsPathman View Post

No apparently this year you set a lineup without seeing what handed pitcher you are facing since people use to back out when they see LHP. Simple solution would have been where we have to set a RHP lineup and a LHP lineup in the squad menu with our 25 man squad before we start matchmaking, and it auto chooses which lineup without showing what handed pitcher we are facing until the load menu. It's mind boggling why they didn't come up with this solution instead of the one they came up with now.
            I think it was good how they had it but just give the player the loss if they backed out once finding out what handed pitcher they were facing to prevent the backing out.It is kinda bad not being able to tell what handed pitcher we are facing so we can adjust the lineups to that pitcher.At least it will force us to have a well balanced lineup with lefties and righty

Comment

Still hoping someone, maybe even someone from SDS, can explain a single reason to have the "set lineup" screen in the show 17 H2H DD.
              Last edited by gypsyblack99; 02-28-2017, 07:37 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Crickets......................................Stra nge there is a "set line up screen" if there are zero reasons for having one. Why waste resources and our time having a pre game screen that serves no purpose at all.

I would say this proves how little thought SDS put into hiding the handedness of the pitcher. Flat out LAZY.
                Last edited by gypsyblack99; 03-04-2017, 09:20 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

To check lag, when scrolling though the players you can tell if your connection isn't good with a certain opponent

Comment

How bout to double check your lineup. What's to say you recently got a new card, and realize "Oh wait, I forgot to add him to the active lineup". Or what about how card overalls change constantly with daily real-life counter parts, and you need to take a guy out that dropped 5 pts that day. Regardless if we can see what type of pitcher we're facing, we always need an opportunity to change our lineup right before the game starts.

Comment

Originally posted by VanillaBeast View Post
                      How bout to double check your lineup. What's to say you recently got a new card, and realize "Oh wait, I forgot to add him to the active lineup". Or what about how card overalls change constantly with daily real-life counter parts, and you need to take a guy out that dropped 5 pts that day. Regardless if we can see what type of pitcher we're facing, we always need an opportunity to change our lineup right before the game starts.
                      Or back out and go fix it ... you can still back out at the lineup screen.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan_1029 View Post

Or back out and go fix it ... you can still back out at the lineup screen.

That's inefficient, and more time consuming. It's faster to just have it there as you're moving forward, see it, change it, start the game.

Comment

That's inefficient, and more time consuming. It's faster to just have it there as you're moving forward, see it, change it, start the game.
                          The point was that you can still back out at the lineup screen ... they didn't fix that part, just took away a reason to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan_1029 View Post

The point was that you can still back out at the lineup screen ... they didn't fix that part, just took away a reason to do it.

My point is, it STILL serves a purpose, even if to double check your lineup before starting a game. If I've waited for the game to finally connect me with someone, and we're ready to go, I'm not backing out just to look at my lineup and make a change. Besides, it would take more for them to remove it, since it's already in the code to be there before the start. We also don't know that they won't, at some point, bring the pitcher (LHP, RHP) stat back. If they do, this will already be ready to go, not something else they have to code back in.

For me, it has a place, for you, it doesn't. The fact is, it's there.

Comment

My point is, it STILL serves a purpose, even if to double check your lineup before starting a game. If I've waited for the game to finally connect me with someone, and we're ready to go, I'm not backing out just to look at my lineup and make a change. Besides, it would take more for them to remove it, since it's already in the code to be there before the start. We also don't know that they won't, at some point, bring the pitcher (LHP, RHP) stat back. If they do, this will already be ready to go, not something else they have to code back in.

For me, it has a place, for you, it doesn't. The fact is, it's there.
                              I think you just said the real reasons. It's too difficult to remove and it provides a backup plan if they want to reimplement the pitchers handedness.

Comment

Working...
                              X