DD strategy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD strategy

I'm planning on diving into DD a lot harder this year (instead of doing RTTS) and want to know; what do you guys go to first, H2H, conquest, BR? Whats the best place to start my DD journey and do you guys collect players to boost your team or go strictly for mission related players?

I jumped into conquest last year because most of the cards you could get from the mode were very good at the time and easy to obtain.. I got Ichiro like day 2 and he is still my starting CF

Comment

Originally posted by CBULLOCK9 View Post
      I jumped into conquest last year because most of the cards you could get from the mode were very good at the time and easy to obtain.. I got Ichiro like day 2 and he is still my starting CF
      I just feel like conquest took the most time to complete and didnt offer that great of rewards, until you completed missions... i dont think i ever pulled a decent card after a game against any conquest team

Comment

If you played all the games, then yes, it took quite awhile. I simulated a lot when I knew I would win for sure

Comment

I expect to have to play conquest like last year first because online has been mostly unplayable the first few weeks following the game release in each of last three years. Doesn't bother me much, gives you time to build up your team. If online play is working well from "go" I'll be doing mix of seasons and events to try and earn best possible rewards.

Comment

that makes sense, i just hate grinding out games against the same team, over and over again. I would rather not simulate the games like CBULLOCK9 said he does just because i would hate to miss out on a reward that could actually be good for winning a game.... the hidden conquest missions this year could make it a little more worthwhile busting through that game mode as well

Comment

Originally posted by FlightlessEagle7 View Post
              that makes sense, i just hate grinding out games against the same team, over and over again. I would rather not simulate the games like CBULLOCK9 said he does just because i would hate to miss out on a reward that could actually be good for winning a game.... the hidden conquest missions this year could make it a little more worthwhile busting through that game mode as well
              I am weary of simulating games this year because of hidden rewards

Comment

Originally posted by FlightlessEagle7 View Post
                I'm planning on diving into DD a lot harder this year (instead of doing RTTS) and want to know; what do you guys go to first, H2H, conquest, BR? Whats the best place to start my DD journey and do you guys collect players to boost your team or go strictly for mission related players?
                If this is your first time playing DD, Conquest would be a nice way to start. You can get use to how to form a team and play short 3 inning games. Now keep in mind that in 3 inning games, stamina is vastly reduced. I was able to pitch two innings with my starter at most before he started getting tired and relievers made it about 10-13 pitches before getting tired.

I played a lot of Conquest in 16 because I didn't have a lot of time to play full 9 inning games so I was able to get my fix in 20 minutes per game and I didn't have to deal with lag from playing other people, but that was an issue on my part as my internet at the time wasn't that good.
                O's, Stroh's, and Natty Boh's Hon

Comment

conquest is what I used to grind. the 3 inning games counting towards stat. missions seems like a mistake.

Comment

Although I'm not a full time DD player, I made some bone head moves when 16 came out. completed pirates collection to get McCutchen who ended up dropping to gold. Completed a few random cheap teams (braves, phillies) just to get extra xp and rewards after games. I also made a few good moves got Ichiro and Beltre from conquest who I never took out of my lineup. Invested in some good cards I thought would go up (Murphy, Seager, ).

This year I'm going to do a little more conquest and collect a whole division, most likely NL west if Kemp is the reward, and maybe the whole NL. also work the market a little bit more. Invest in cards I think will go up.

Comment

Working...
                    X