• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you kidding me!!!

Just going to leave this here

https://youtu.be/EB_hoMw-ur4

https://youtu.be/1AFqS3TpYO4

SS Anthony Rizzo misses the tag. Wondering if it's because he's out of position.

Comment

Originally posted by santacruzcyclone View Post
      SS Anthony Rizzo misses the tag. Wondering if it's because he's out of position.
      I would take a fielding error. But come on! Did he just forget to put on the tag. He looked like he was actually going for the tag and just pulled it back. If this game isnt scripted...

Comment

Well, granted, you shouldn't have rizzo at SS, but I have played people with texiera at 3rd for 9 innings and he was a gold glover. I really hope they get rid of the sliders, handicaps, comeback logic, or whatever you want to call it, for 17. Having your at bats and innings nerfed is just no fun. Same goes for when you know it's happening to your opponent.

Comment

Rizzo at short stop? Really? Are you kidding me? why? I don't even like playing players at 2nd positions let alone out of position.

Comment

Originally posted by thinkbluedgr View Post
            Rizzo at short stop? Really? Are you kidding me? why? I don't even like playing players at 2nd positions let alone out of position.
            This was battle royale and i pinched hit rizzo. Didnt have anyone else that could play infield. But thats beside the point. I know players out of position will make fielding errors. I would expect that. But going for the tag then pulling back?? That makes sense to you?

Theres really no excuse not to put the tag on the runner. Are you going to sit there and tell me he forgot how to tag players because he was playing out of position?
            Last edited by MannyJay24; 03-05-2017, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MannyJay24 View Post

I would take a fielding error. But come on! Did he just forget to put on the tag. He looked like he was actually going for the tag and just pulled it back. If this game isnt scripted...
              Animations themselves, you could say, are scripted but the game isn't... The missed tag is just the way it punished you/played out in game, for leaving him out there. I mean, irl he would either get hurt badly or lose the team the game playing at SS smh.

Comment

Originally posted by DomeBay33 View Post

Animations themselves, you could say, are scripted but the game isn't... The missed tag is just the way it punished you/played out in game, for leaving him out there. I mean, irl he would either get hurt badly or lose the team the game playing at SS smh.
                The reason i say the game is scripted is because both of those videos were in one single game. Right after the shortstop missed the tag on the first video he hit a 2 run jack (righ after an error). And the following inning rizzo catches the ball, goes to put the tag on the runner and then simply retracts and allows the runner to reach basw safely. That is BS.

If you tell me that rizzo completely missed the throw from the catcher then i would say fine, thats understandable. But the game knows when to punish you for things like that. I have seen people use players completely out of position and play like gold glovers making diving catches etc. Then youre going to tell me that he just decided he wasnt going to put the tag on the runner?

Comment

This is Texeira playing right field.

https://youtu.be/_GY4M7dWCOg

But Rizzo cant put a tag on the runner.

Comment

My point was, you can't be mad about losing the dice roll in those out of position situations.

I have issues with the gameplay too, but with Rizzo @ SS you are asking for it. That was just the way that error played out on screen this time. There are a fixed amount of animations. Sometimes the one triggered wont make sense, or will be especially frustrating, but the game has to account for and generate it on screen somehow. The physics and gameplay for doesn't exist for errors to happen "naturally" and 100% randomly.
                    Last edited by DomeBay33; 03-05-2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

My point was, you can't be mad about losing the dice roll in those out of position situations.

I have issues with the gameplay too, but with Rizzo @ SS you are asking for it. That was just the way that error played out on screen this time. There are a fixed amount of animations. Sometimes the one triggered wont make sense, or will be especially frustrating, but the game has to account for and generate it on screen somehow. The physics and gameplay for doesn't exist for errors to happen "naturally" and 100% randomly.
                      That is all reasonable. My problem with this is if you are going to punish one why not punish all? Look at the video i just posted mark texeira robbing a home run playing right field. My issue with this is the game is that it knows who and when to punish. The play before that inning was the shortstop completely missing another tag...whats the games excuse on that one? Simply because they want one of the two players to win regardless of the skill level.

Comment

Exactly. This guy don't get it. You have to seperate reality and this video game. IRL Rizzo would of applied the tag. But in this game there is a penalty for playing out of position. Reason being, would you like to see people start Ted Williams at short stop? or 2nd base? This is why there is a penalty, so poeple don't play players anywhere just to maximize their lineup hitting wise. you needed a pinch hitter but didnt have the proper position player to sub in. So you took the risk, and you got burned.

Comment

Originally posted by thinkbluedgr View Post

Exactly. This guy don't get it. You have to seperate reality and this video game. IRL Rizzo would of applied the tag. But in this game there is a penalty for playing out of position. Reason being, would you like to see people start Ted Williams at short stop? or 2nd base? This is why there is a penalty, so poeple don't play players anywhere just to maximize their lineup hitting wise. you needed a pinch hitter but didnt have the proper position player to sub in. So you took the risk, and you got burned.
                          I do get it. My point is if you punish someone for using a player out of position why not punish everyone else? You have Texeira out there robbing homers smh.

And what was the excuse on the other play where my shortstop who is playing his primary position missed the tag completely?

What was the excuse on this video as well? Ball hit him right on his face?

https://youtu.be/YIvmvumIMV4

When there is BS i will point it out. That simple. You're quick to point out the obvious things like he was playing out of position but wont admit the BS when those players in their primary positions make errors like these.

So if thats the case please tell me how is those players out of position making diving catches or robbing homers?
                          Last edited by MannyJay24; 03-05-2017, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MannyJay24 View Post

That is all reasonable. My problem with this is if you are going to punish one why not punish all? Look at the video i just posted mark texeira robbing a home run playing right field. My issue with this is the game is that it knows who and when to punish. The play before that inning was the shortstop completely missing another tag...whats the games excuse on that one? Simply because they want one of the two players to win regardless of the skill level.
                            No excuse for the missed tag, just odds. Now another stupid thing is replays are buggy and visually desynch a ton.

Bottom line is, errors are a diceroll along with a lot of other outcomes in this game. Several different factors will increase or decrease the %'s of the diceroll.

In the Show we live by the diceroll, and die by the diceroll. Unfortunately.

Comment

No excuse for the missed tag, just odds. Now another stupid thing is replays are buggy and visually desynch a ton.

Bottom line is, errors are a diceroll along with a lot of other outcomes in this game. Several different factors will increase or decrease the %'s of the diceroll.

In the Show we live by the diceroll, and die by the diceroll. Unfortunately.
                              Yeah man sucks big time. On a game so competitive like this one its frustrating when your guys make errors like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X