DD Position Player Low Energy and DL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD Position Player Low Energy and DL

Call me crazy but i think position players should have energy as well and there should also be a DL.

--------Disabled List--------

I feel that if your player gets injured playing in one of your Diamond Dynasty games he is just not out for that game but a series of games. It doesn't have to be 15 or 60 games...They could make it between 1-10 games. So every Diamond Dynasty game you play would equal 1 game. It would also encourage more game play.

Say your best player gets hurt for 5 games. Your going to have to find a replacement and you would almost be encouraged to play more games in anticipation of the guy coming back. Which would really give a vital reason to look at the durability rating of your players.

This would also make you think twice about Diving with someone or stealing with someone that shouldn't be diving or stealing. During my years of playing ball i recall having teammates that weren't the most athletic but could mash at the plate. There would be times where the player would lay out or dive head first when it wasn't necessary and we would cringe and the coach would say. " hey listen big guy i appreciate the effort but i would rather have you in many games then you make that great play in a non important situation....we need you tomorrow "

-------Position Player Energy------

Pitchers have a change in energy so that you can't keep rolling out the same pitchers. Here's the thing position players get time off as well to rest in the MLB. Once again here is when durability comes in just like in franchise or season. The more you start the guy the more his energy is expended. How fast? Depends on his Durability.

We would see different lineups instead of everyone rolling out the same players. If you start a player with low energy your run the risk of your player getting hurt and going on the DL. It would cause to you to treat your valuable cards like real owners treat their valuable players. To be cautious with them. Also if you run a player out there with low energy he might not get hurt but he wouldn't perform as well. There could be an uninformed decrease in his stats for that game.

I know a lot of people do not agree but I just hate seeing the same players being used all the time and would bring a little more realism to managing your Diamond Dynasty Team.

I like the idea of a DL. I've had Masahiro Tanaka get hit in the nuts, Hunter Pence in the face, Ozzie Smith on the nose and such, yet next game they're fine.

I don't like the idea of Energy however. That is the number one thing that turns me off any game. I understand if it is Franchise, or a more realistic game mode, but not something like Diamond Dynasty

Comment

I always liked the idea of having a DL on DD but its up to SDS. It makes sense and forces players to tweak their line ups and rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by JAM0NEAND0 View Post
        I always liked the idea of having a DL on DD but its up to SDS. It makes sense and forces players to tweak their line ups and rotation.
        Bad idea, in my opinion. What if your players go on DL during a grind mission? I don't think anybody would want to waste their time playing another 10 worthless games til they start collecting stats again. I guess it would be fine if they can disable injury during card collection mission.
        Last edited by Senor-O-Brien; 03-06-2017, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Senor-O-Brien View Post

Bad idea, in my opinion. What if your players go on DL during a grind mission? I don't think anybody would want to waste their time playing another 10 worthless games til they start collecting stats again. I guess it would be fine if they can disable injury during card collection mission.
          There are always goods and bads. I personally don't mind if a player gets hurt during a grinding mainly cause I love the idea to have a different lineup from time to time. You can always play BR or something else while you wait.
          Last edited by JAM0NEAND0; 03-06-2017, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FRALANCE View Post
            I like the idea of a DL. I've had Masahiro Tanaka get hit in the nuts, Hunter Pence in the face, Ozzie Smith on the nose and such, yet next game they're fine.

I don't like the idea of Energy however. That is the number one thing that turns me off any game. I understand if it is Franchise, or a more realistic game mode, but not something like Diamond Dynasty
            Very true but they do it with our relief pitchers. So i Guess what SDS saying is in real life bullpen pitchers get tired...but Position players do not and start every game of the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by Senor-O-Brien View Post

Maybe they can only make the DL for H2H Dynasty Games? If your using a mission then it would not reflect that.

Comment

Originally posted by tomivory23 View Post

Maybe they can only make the DL for H2H Dynasty Games? If your using a mission then it would not reflect that.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I have no problem with that.

Comment

What would be cool is if the DL period was in hours and not in days so it could be 12 hours or 24 hours, but your player could not be injured for more than 24 hours. I like the idea of being forced to use other players and change our lineups a bit. It's kind of lame anyone who enjoys the same lineup day in and day out as it is. I mean I have my core players too but it's good for a change after 12 months of playing the same thing IMO.

Comment

No thanks. I'm not spending my time/money to get cards just to have them go on the imaginary DL.

Comment

Working...
                    X