Bad Bunt Cheesers are Funny

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Bunt Cheesers are Funny

They really better have bunting fixed for 17. Yesterday I faced a bad cheese bunter. After a scoreless first, I offered a friendly quit (because playing against bunters isn't fun) and he declined. In the second, ARod hit an inside the parker (Polo Grounds) for me and then I proceeded to strike him out 17 times for the win. Included in the strikeouts was one where I literally hit Ichiro in the face for a strike three (he was squared up). You would think if you were going to cheese bunt you would at least figure out how to pull it back.

It's a great feeling when you crush a cheeser who just won't give it up and attempt to actually play the game or get better. But yeah, not even much fun to just kick the crap out of one.
    I try my best not to message anyone other than to say good game if we had a great battle, but I couldn't help myself a few times recently after losing in Battle Royale on BS cheese bunting the entire game. Nothing insane, I just said, "NICE BUNTING BRO!" One guy who bunted every batter seriously messaged me back, "It's called small ball f*#@&t, look it up!"
    If that's what you think is "small ball" or baseball in general, go hit yourself in the head with a tack hammer please. For the love of God I hope they fix bunting. I'm with you, I can get over it in a regular 9 inning game. But in BR when there is little room for error... with all of the random errors, it's utter BS and I just won't even bother with that mode for '17 if someone can bunt all day with Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by GradektheBard View Post
      They really better have bunting fixed for 17. Yesterday I faced a bad cheese bunter. After a scoreless first, I offered a friendly quit (because playing against bunters isn't fun) and he declined. In the second, ARod hit an inside the parker (Polo Grounds) for me and then I proceeded to strike him out 17 times for the win. Included in the strikeouts was one where I literally hit Ichiro in the face for a strike three (he was squared up). You would think if you were going to cheese bunt you would at least figure out how to pull it back.
      Don't you use directional hitting?....

Comment

Originally posted by skepple15 View Post

Don't you use directional hitting?....
        What does that have to do with bunt cheese? Directional is nothing more than timing + stats to determine outcomes (ie very baseball realistic). Bunt cheese exploits game design. There is a huge difference.

Comment

It's easier to bunt using directional, maybe that's what he was getting at? I dunno either.
          At least as I recall it was easier to just point the arrow down the 3rd base line, I don't even bunt hardly anymore even in a realistic bunt situation so I don't get accused of cheesing haha.

Comment

Originally posted by GradektheBard View Post

What does that have to do with bunt cheese? Directional is nothing more than timing + stats to determine outcomes (ie very baseball realistic). Bunt cheese exploits game design. There is a huge difference.
            takes 0 skill and gets the game to do most of the work for you, that's pretty cheese if you ask me, it's like the guys in NBA 2k or NHL that switch players to let the game play defense for them, don't complain about cheese when you do some pretty cheese stuff yourself.

Comment

I don't use directional and haven't for a long time since I started playing DD. I was new to the game and series and didn't even know anything about the alternate hitting, pitching and defensive interfaces until I actually got into DD and watched a few YouTube videos looking for tips.
              Some people still use it just cause they just can't figure out zone hitting and some use it just because they don't care about learning a new interface or are willing to use the less challenging/less rewarding settings or just want to be dickheads. To each their own I guess. I'm sure the other fielding interfaces are more challenging yet rewarding but I still stick with buttons. Doesn't make me a cheeser.
              I wouldn't put directional hitting in anywhere close to the same boat as cheese bunting, that ****'s just evil. There is a special place in Hell for those rat bastards.

Comment

Directional hitting = A hitting mode SDS specifically designed, put into the game, and deemed appropriate.

Bunt cheese = Exploiting bad bunt mechanics to play unrealistically and essentially "cheese" their way to victory.

I think that "debate" is over.

PS - I use zone, so I'm unbiased here.

Comment

Lawyered? Haha.
                  I'll admit that like I said when I first started I used directional and all of the default settings. Cardinalbird5 has some very good tip videos and I started working on zone and haven't gone back, I'm still not perfect using it but it definitely increases your hitting output immensely once you start to get it down. ESPECIALLY, if you have an opponent who uses a pattern when pitching like low then high then low again, etc. I'd encourage anyone to try to use it, but I understand it can be frustrating and many people just can't figure it out.
                  I on occasion get frustrated when I figure out someone is using directional as it does require less "skill" since the PCI is basically to my knowledge set dead center in the zone and you just have to kind of hope you get something towards the center of the strike zone. But I'm not going to get pissed about it or consider it cheating or cheesing. Some people just can't figure out the other hitting interfaces well enough to switch. If I can figure out someone is using zone, he's likely not going to get anything near the center the rest of the game though, which hardly anyone uses the center area of the strike zone anyways.
                  20 days til '17 gents.

Comment

Working...
                  X