Missions in 17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missions in 17

I have seen a few people here (and elsewhere) comment that offline games (ie extra innings and vs cpu) stats won't count for missions, but I cannot find any verification of that from SDS. Does anyone know if that is true. I can see not having games vs friends count, but I will be really peeved if offline vs cpu/ei don't.

Originally posted by GradektheBard View Post
    I have seen a few people here (and elsewhere) comment that offline games (ie extra innings and vs cpu) stats won't count for missions, but I cannot find any verification of that from SDS. Does anyone know if that is true. I can see not having games vs friends count, but I will be really peeved if offline vs cpu/ei don't.

Each mode has their own missions. And then when it comes to getting cards like the 99 Griffey Jr MVP or Rookie Archer cards the mission will tell you what mode. They want to make it harder to get some of these cards after the A-Rod fiasco... lol... I probably won't even finish his missions... maybe on my down time I'll finish it.

Comment

If games against the CPU count, it should have to be either against one of the MLB teams, or have a minimum difficulty level. Playing the yetis on rookie should absolutely not count for player mission stats.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan_1029 View Post
        If games against the CPU count, it should have to be either against one of the MLB teams, or have a minimum difficulty level. Playing the yetis on rookie should absolutely not count for player mission stats.
        Why not? Even against the yetis it still will take a fair amount of time for most people to complete a mission (remember, not everyone (ie most people) do not play this game obsessively). Like I said before, I can see why playing vs friends wouldn't count (you can guarantee almost anything vs a friend), but even the yetis don't just hand out homers. The reality is, letting people complete missions against the yetis doesn' hurt the game at all and many of the missions would be near impossible to complete for most players if they had to be head to head.

Comment

Why not? Even against the yetis it still will take a fair amount of time for most people to complete a mission (remember, not everyone (ie most people) do not play this game obsessively). Like I said before, I can see why playing vs friends wouldn't count (you can guarantee almost anything vs a friend), but even the yetis don't just hand out homers. The reality is, letting people complete missions against the yetis doesn' hurt the game at all and many of the missions would be near impossible to complete for most players if they had to be head to head.
          Maybe the reason the missions are so hard to do in H2H is so that they at least take more than one game against the yetis on rookie. They wouldn't have to set the statistical bar so high if the yetis weren't part of the consideration when releasing the missions.
          Tell me people didn't get prime Reyes in just 2 or 3 games vs the yetis? That is a super easy mission against them that is very difficult to achieve in H2H (you have to get a hit, then not get throw out.) against the yetis, he could just bunt, then steal twice every AB.

Comment

Maybe the reason the missions are so hard to do in H2H is so that they at least take more than one game against the yetis on rookie. They wouldn't have to set the statistical bar so high if the yetis weren't part of the consideration when releasing the missions.
            Tell me people didn't get prime Reyes in just 2 or 3 games vs the yetis? That is a super easy mission against them that is very difficult to achieve in H2H (you have to get a hit, then not get throw out.) against the yetis, he could just bunt, then steal twice every AB.
            And the harm of this is what exactly? That people get prime Reyes? Sorry, but I don't see any problem at all with being able to complete missions in extra innings. It doesn't impact the actual game in any way whatsoever and likely makes it fun for those who don't play much h2h or stink at it.

Comment

And the harm of this is what exactly? That people get prime Reyes? Sorry, but I don't see any problem at all with being able to complete missions in extra innings. It doesn't impact the actual game in any way whatsoever and likely makes it fun for those who don't play much h2h or stink at it.
              The harm is that for the people who don't want to grind against the yetis (or don't know about them), or the CPU, and want to play H2H, the missions are nearly impossible, just to make them barely inconvenient against the yetis on rookie. You want to grind missions in extra innings against the yetis, that's fine ... you should have to do it on HOF difficulty though.

I love the missions, don't get me wrong, but you should not be able to go rookie to a 96+ diamond prime card in one or two yeti games ... achieving the same stats that may take 75 H2H games. Basically, the missions were only for rookie yeti games last year.

Comment

And it messes up the market.....

Comment

Lol from what I can tell, most people don't want people to grind the Yetis, or on the flip side, play all online h2h to accomplish a mission out of pure selfishness. Some people literally do not want others to have something they think is special.

You guys are funny. If someone isn't enjoying the game the way you prefer to play it then they shouldn't be rewarded as much as you. Nice logic. Who cares how someone else got the same card as you as long as you both had fun getting it?
                  Last edited by nremdn; 03-09-2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I had no clue about the yetis or any of those teams until a couple months ago, wish I would've known for some of the tougher drawn out missions earlier on. Good for ridiculous missions and people like myself who are limited in how much they can play throughout the week. It got old really quick beating a CPU team 15-0 so I started spacing the games out after I got Mauer and a handful of others out of the way. Played one last night with my all diamond lineup to work on the Carpenter and Cutch missions and beat the Isotopes like 43-1, forgot it was on rookie.
                    But to each their own, if lots of people have some of the top caliber reward players that doesn't mean they know how to use them. I still produce a strike or ground out when facing Ted Williams or A-Rod 90% of the time, and people who just bunt non stop with the likes of Reyes blow my mind since I absolutely rake with him and Crawford. Killed a guy the other day who had Kershaw on the mound just because he clearly didn't know how to throw a change up in relation to a FB. Whatever, it's a game. Death to cheesers in BR is my only big bitch

Comment

Originally posted by nremdn View Post
                      Lol from what I can tell, most people don't want people to grind the Yetis, or on the flip side, play all online h2h to accomplish a mission out of pure selfishness. Some people literally do not want others to have something they think is special.

You guys are funny. If someone isn't enjoying the game the way you prefer to play it then they shouldn't be rewarded as much as you. Nice logic. Who cares how someone else got the same card as you as long as you both had fun getting it?
                      You don't get it. What you are saying is that it's fine that the people who know about the yeti-like teams and exploit them on rookie to obtain rare players at a way faster pace than the gamers who do the missions against legitimate teams because they do not know about the exploit teams. I think it's great that the missions will now be spread across different game modes, making you play them legitimately.

Comment

Originally posted by Dealer-95- View Post
                        I had no clue about the yetis or any of those teams until a couple months ago, wish I would've known for some of the tougher drawn out missions earlier on. Good for ridiculous missions and people like myself who are limited in how much they can play throughout the week. It got old really quick beating a CPU team 15-0 so I started spacing the games out after I got Mauer and a handful of others out of the way. Played one last night with my all diamond lineup to work on the Carpenter and Cutch missions and beat the Isotopes like 43-1, forgot it was on rookie.
                        But to each their own, if lots of people have some of the top caliber reward players that doesn't mean they know how to use them. I still produce a strike or ground out when facing Ted Williams or A-Rod 90% of the time, and people who just bunt non stop with the likes of Reyes blow my mind since I absolutely rake with him and Crawford. Killed a guy the other day who had Kershaw on the mound just because he clearly didn't know how to throw a change up in relation to a FB. Whatever, it's a game. Death to cheesers in BR is my only big bitch
                        You beat a yeti-like team 40-1, but are 0-4 in your last 4 H2H games, only scoring one run in 4 games. This is a prime example of why the mission required statistics need to be separated for the game modes.

Comment

You don't get it. What you are saying is that it's fine that the people who know about the yeti-like teams and exploit them on rookie to obtain rare players at a way faster pace than the gamers who do the missions against legitimate teams because they do not know about the exploit teams. I think it's great that the missions will now be spread across different game modes, making you play them legitimately.
                          I don't recall there ever being rules or an explanation on what was considered legitimate.

Be honest, why does it bother you so much for people to have a nice card? Does it ruin your enjoyment of the card because someone else has it? I personally couldn't give two craps how someone else got their nice card, I'm much more concerned with enjoying it myself. It's too bad that someone playing the yetis to get their nice card ruins your day, because that seems like a personal problem.

If they were exploiting something to beat you in a h2h game, then sure, you have every right to be upset. That is definitely not the case here. On top of that, im willing to bet a lot of people that grind the Yetis for nice cards have no desire to play you or anyone else competitively online. They just enjoy collecting the cards and building a team.

Comment

You beat a yeti-like team 40-1, but are 0-4 in your last 4 H2H games, only scoring one run in 4 games. This is a prime example of why the mission required statistics need to be separated for the game modes.
                            So because he's not as good as you in online he doesn't deserve good cards? Lol you're a funny guy. Sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do.

Comment

Originally posted by nremdn View Post

So because he's not as good as you in online he doesn't deserve good cards? Lol you're a funny guy. Sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do.
                              I'm not gunna play the insult game, and you totally missed my point. 1 run/HR/RBI/SB/whatever in a rookie game against the yetis should not be the same statistical worth as getting it in online H2H. The guys game history proves my point. Oh, and I'm glad you think I'm funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X