Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monitor/hdmi/kontrol freaks advice & recommendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I got the asus VG a month ago and havent played a different game since. Until yesterday when i broke down and got Wildlands. Anyway yes the monitor is night and day from a big screen tv. I cant wait to play 17 and compare my stats from last year. My advise is to do research. The asus was around $260 i believe. Then tax and then 5 year warranty totalled $330. But if you play a lot and are decent, its worth it. You get a week or so to return it also. Try one out

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by CallMeTinCup View Post
      I got the asus VG a month ago and havent played a different game since. Until yesterday when i broke down and got Wildlands. Anyway yes the monitor is night and day from a big screen tv. I cant wait to play 17 and compare my stats from last year. My advise is to do research. The asus was around $260 i believe. Then tax and then 5 year warranty totalled $330. But if you play a lot and are decent, its worth it. You get a week or so to return it also. Try one out
      He even beat me. But, to be fair I put 110% of the blame on the Twins crappy bullpen. 😂😂😂

      Comment


      • #33
        I really hope my .BA goes up .119!! That would be insane lol

        Comment


        • #34
          I never even knew anything about monitors or anything and I hooked my PS4 up to my all in one computer and couldnt believe I wasnt behind every fastball like on my big tv. I just assumed being behind everything just the way the game was.

          I actually went back to my laggy tv and hit for a while and then went back just to make it seem easy. It is kind of worthless that monitors and everything make such a difference in my opinion. No wonder why I always sucked at every other game.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by WolfgangRockie View Post
            I never even knew anything about monitors or anything and I hooked my PS4 up to my all in one computer and couldnt believe I wasnt behind every fastball like on my big tv. I just assumed being behind everything just the way the game was.

            I actually went back to my laggy tv and hit for a while and then went back just to make it seem easy. It is kind of worthless that monitors and everything make such a difference in my opinion. No wonder why I always sucked at every other game.
            I was actually pretty good at other games, especially Madden. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I was so bad at MLB15. I simply chalked it up to Madden still being the main game I played. This year rolled around and I was still mediocre at best even dedicating more time to the game. I took suggestions from the top players I knew and the overwhelming majority suggested getting a good monitor. As soon as I got it is started mercy ruling my friends on a daily basis. Lol

            Comment


            • #36
              I like the asus better than the benq I had because the asus tilts and you can move the height up and down. The benq I had would only tilt and you couldnt adjust the height. To each his own though.

              Comment


              • #37
                After buying the Asus MX279h, I went from a mid 1700s player to the WS division. My current rating is around 2025. I went with this brand and model because I prefer IPS over TN panels, and it was less than $200.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by EJ_NFL_24 View Post

                  I was actually pretty good at other games, especially Madden. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I was so bad at MLB15. I simply chalked it up to Madden still being the main game I played. This year rolled around and I was still mediocre at best even dedicating more time to the game. I took suggestions from the top players I knew and the overwhelming majority suggested getting a good monitor. As soon as I got it is started mercy ruling my friends on a daily basis. Lol
                  What settings do you use on your monitor?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    So I ordered the BenQ 2755 yesterday (mostly because I am being kicked off the tv I play at now so the kid can have it). What display settings do you all use that are best for the show.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by GradektheBard View Post
                      So I ordered the BenQ 2755 yesterday (mostly because I am being kicked off the tv I play at now so the kid can have it). What display settings do you all use that are best for the show.
                      Game mode, fighting mode or standard. They all have the about the same lag input in top quality monitors.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by JAM0NEAND0 View Post

                        Game mode, fighting mode or standard. They all have the about the same lag input in top quality monitors.
                        But which mode makes it look the best. I am willing to sacrifice a bit of juice for better graphics/picture quality.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by D33-GUNNER_100 View Post

                          What settings do you use on your monitor?

                          Did you end up picking this up yet? If so, have you noticed any immediate changes?

                          This post has me sold and plan on picking one up today and getting a feel for it before 17. Very odd I was looking at the exact same monitor before reading this. Going from my 48" to a 24" doesn't seem ideal but I am going to give it whirl.
                          Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC




                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by DethBaphomet View Post


                            Did you end up picking this up yet? If so, have you noticed any immediate changes?

                            This post has me sold and plan on picking one up today and getting a feel for it before 17. Very odd I was looking at the exact same monitor before reading this. Going from my 48" to a 24" doesn't seem ideal but I am going to give it whirl.
                            Yes I have picked it up, definitely a difference for me I'm seeing the ball way better & recognizing the pitch type a lot faster before it gets to me. I've played about 15 games so far & I haven't had any lag at all, so far. I've also noticed I seem to be early a lot on off-speed because I get excited it's like going in slow motion lol. But this monitor didn't change me over night I'm still having some trouble on high heat but I've always had trouble with that. I'm catching up to some high fastballs, it's weird because 95+ high I've been catching up & everything lower then 95 I'm yanking down as if it was off speed. Will keep you updated, but since I've picked it up I am Doing very well in br, I can say it's been a major improvement over my lagy tv & the last monitor I used was very lagy too. Also my last comment would be I'm definitely getting more greens & very good pci placement, I haven't been fooled on anything besides the occasional slider away.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by D33-GUNNER_100 View Post

                              Yes I have picked it up, definitely a difference for me I'm seeing the ball way better & recognizing the pitch type a lot faster before it gets to me. I've played about 15 games so far & I haven't had any lag at all, so far. I've also noticed I seem to be early a lot on off-speed because I get excited it's like going in slow motion lol. But this monitor didn't change me over night I'm still having some trouble on high heat but I've always had trouble with that. I'm catching up to some high fastballs, it's weird because 95+ high I've been catching up & everything lower then 95 I'm yanking down as if it was off speed. Will keep you updated, but since I've picked it up I am Doing very well in br, I can say it's been a major improvement over my lagy tv & the last monitor I used was very lagy too. Also my last comment would be I'm definitely getting more greens & very good pci placement, I haven't been fooled on anything besides the occasional slider away.

                              Awesome to hear bud. My Local Frys has a display model RL2755HM for $119. Seems like a steal. Gonna go that route and get it after work. Thanks for the feedback.
                              Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC




                              Comment


                              • #45
                                What a deal!!! For that price idt u can go wrong, I paid 230 w a 4 year protection plan from Best Buy. Let me know what you think when you start playing on it. Good luck.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X