Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Timing. Good PCI placement. Foul Ball?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Timing. Good PCI placement. Foul Ball?

I'm not sure why but this seems to happen every game for me. It's mainly on inside pitches but often in the middle of the plate as well. Anyone notice this happening to them far too often? I almost never can hit inside pitches fair despite good timing/pci placement.

This may be me, but I've noticed a huge shift in game play since launch and I'm not sure why. Obviously they haven't made any changes recently because there haven't been updates but i'm starting to wonder if SDS ditched the whole 'precision input game play' feature at some point along the way.
    Last edited by AlexNYY28; 03-08-2017, 06:51 PM.

Originally posted by AlexNYY28 View Post
    I'm not sure why but this seems to happen every game for me. It's mainly on inside pitches but often in the middle of the plate as well. Anyone notice this happening to them far too often? I almost never can hit inside pitches fair despite good timing/pci placement.

This may be me, but I've noticed a huge shift in game play since launch and I'm not sure why. Obviously they haven't made any changes recently because there haven't been updates but i'm starting to wonder if SDS ditched the whole 'precision input game play' feature at some point along the way.
    Happens to me all the time. Not sure why but has been one of my biggest complaints about this game and all of the unnesesary errors as well. Not sure how or why this happens and i started using zone hitting late in this games cycle so cant really compare to the early state lf the game.

I love everything else about this game other than what i mentioned. Card trading, different game modes etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MannyJay24 View Post

Happens to me all the time. Not sure why but has been one of my biggest complaints about this game and all of the unnesesary errors as well. Not sure how or why this happens and i started using zone hitting late in this games cycle so cant really compare to the early state lf the game.

I love everything else about this game other than what i mentioned. Card trading, different game modes etc.

Yeah in the beginning you could really feel the 'precision input's' effect on the gameplay. Lining up the pci with good timing almost always resulted in a line drive somewhere. They didn't mention removing it but at some point midway it started to feel more random again. Now you have to really center the ball in the PCI or you're going to pop out or pull the ball foul. Very frustrating but I still play the game all the time so it must not be bothering me that much..

Comment

Yeah in the beginning you could really feel the 'precision input's' effect on the gameplay. Lining up the pci with good timing almost always resulted in a line drive somewhere. They didn't mention removing it but at some point midway it started to feel more random again. Now you have to really center the ball in the PCI or you're going to pop out or pull the ball foul. Very frustrating but I still play the game all the time so it must not be bothering me that much..
        I feel the same way and don't know why it changed. Sometimes I think the game tries to frustrate you on purpose so that you go and buy stubs/players to try to "fix" the issue. It's frustrating when you hit two balls in one at bat that go 500 ft, just outside the foul pole, then as soon as you adjust your timing slightly, you get a broken bat. Then, the bottom of the inning, your opponent is "late" on an inside pitch and it goes for a HR opposite field and all of a sudden it's a tie ball game even though it shouldn't even be close.
        I hope the game goes back to being focused on user input for 17 and they cut out the randomness.

Comment

As you move up in the ranks onto different divisions the difficulty increases. That has something to do with it but any good pci placement and good timing should result in a ball well hit regardless of difficulty.

Comment

Not all green swings mean you have perfect timing...the feedback can be confusing tho I agree

Comment

Working...
            X