Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qswsds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qswsds

    Anyone know who this is? I'm playing against him (His team jerseys are the Phillies). I lead off the game with a Reyes single and i take a lead, and he insists on stepping off the rubber probably 10 times in a row and won't pitch until I don't lead. So I send him a message saying "Ok, I guess neither of us are leading this game?", and of course he doesn't accept messages (like most players of his type). So I give in, and eventually don't take my lead, and he STILL throws over and steps off a few more times. Eventually when he realizes I'm not leading he pitches and we finish the inning, etc. So I'm thinking "Fine, so neither of us leading. He's being a baby, but no big deal". Then he gets Ichiro on and takes a lead, so I do the same thing and step off 2 or 3 times and and I just don't care enough to keep doing it. So of course, he steals (hit and run that saved him a double play). Fast forward 2 innings later, and he does the same thing with Ted Williams (a 54 speed). He literally stepped off 20+ times. Now I have Reyes on first as I'm writing this message, and he has probably thrown over 100 TIMES (I'm being literal with that number)! Dude is the biggest loser I've seen on this game and I've seen some losers. I'm hoping he is going absolutely crazy over there. If not, hes gotta be getting bored by now. SDS, can you please boot this dude?
    Last edited by rufus1121; 03-08-2017, 07:27 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by rufus1121 View Post
    Anyone know who this is? I'm playing against him (His team jerseys are the Phillies). I lead off the game with a Reyes single and i take a lead, and he insists on stepping off the rubber probably 10 times in a row and won't pitch until I don't lead. So I send him a message saying "Ok, I guess neither of us are leading this game?", and of course he doesn't accept messages (like most players of his type). So I give in, and eventually don't take my lead, and he STILL throws over and steps off a few more times. Eventually when he realizes I'm not leading he pitches and we finish the inning, etc. So I'm thinking "Fine, so neither of us leading. He's being a baby, but no big deal". Then he gets Ichiro on and takes a lead, so I do the same thing and step off 2 or 3 times and and I just don't care enough to keep doing it. So of course, he steals (hit and run that saved him a double play). Fast forward 2 innings later, and he does the same thing with Ted Williams (a 54 speed). He literally stepped off 20+ times. Now I have Reyes on first as I'm writing this message, and he has probably thrown over 100 TIMES (I'm being literal with that number)! Dude is the biggest loser I've seen on this game and I've seen some losers. I'm hoping he is going absolutely crazy over there. If not, hes gotta be getting bored by now. SDS, can you please boot this dude?
    I think the only way he can step off so many times is if you are taking a extra step, when you step off a number of times the game locks up and won't let you step off anymore unless your opponent takes an extra step. Not completely sure but 99%.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JAM0NEAND0 View Post

      I think the only way he can step off so many times is if you are taking a extra step, when you step off a number of times the game locks up and won't let you step off anymore unless your opponent takes an extra step. Not completely sure but 99%.



      Yeah, I think you are right. I know when you throw over too many times that will happen. I just didn't want to let this guy win. He wouldnt pitch until I didnt lead, yet he took a lead every time. People like that just ruin the game for others trying to enjoy it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rufus1121 View Post
        Anyone know who this is? I'm playing against him (His team jerseys are the Phillies). I lead off the game with a Reyes single and i take a lead, and he insists on stepping off the rubber probably 10 times in a row and won't pitch until I don't lead. So I send him a message saying "Ok, I guess neither of us are leading this game?", and of course he doesn't accept messages (like most players of his type). So I give in, and eventually don't take my lead, and he STILL throws over and steps off a few more times. Eventually when he realizes I'm not leading he pitches and we finish the inning, etc. So I'm thinking "Fine, so neither of us leading. He's being a baby, but no big deal". Then he gets Ichiro on and takes a lead, so I do the same thing and step off 2 or 3 times and and I just don't care enough to keep doing it. So of course, he steals (hit and run that saved him a double play). Fast forward 2 innings later, and he does the same thing with Ted Williams (a 54 speed). He literally stepped off 20+ times. Now I have Reyes on first as I'm writing this message, and he has probably thrown over 100 TIMES (I'm being literal with that number)! Dude is the biggest loser I've seen on this game and I've seen some losers. I'm hoping he is going absolutely crazy over there. If not, hes gotta be getting bored by now. SDS, can you please boot this dude?
        Not judging or anything. I dont usually take a lead unless im planning on stealing or maybe trying to bait a fastball in the strike zone. This being said, i expect my opponent to try to pick me off. I have no problem with that. If my opponent takes a lead i will try to pick him off every single time until he stops taking the lead.

        Moral of the story if you take a lead expect your opponent to try to pick you off as often as you take that lead.

        Comment


        • #5
          I haven't played online H2H in sometime because I was finishing Conquest. So last night I decide to play and I get some kid who fake bunts incessantly with every hitter. At this
          point in the year I'm really not up for this BS. In fact as much as I like to play against other people in H2H I don't play as much as I would want because of the constant bunt cheesing, dirt balling crap I get from a lot of opponents (not to mention the above) so I quit the game. Kid sends me a message "I beat you and you have over 1000 wins lol" Guess he's never heard of missions and conquest where you DO play a lot of games. I guess my temperament is just not conducive to online play and the win at all cost mentality. If anybody wants to ever play a pure game of baseball where you challenge the hitters and sacrifice in a sacrifice situation (you get the idea) look me up I'm game.
          Texas Flood

          Comment


          • #6
            If you take a lead, I am going to continue to throw over simple as that. Cat and Mouse game

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HustlinOwl View Post
              If you take a lead, I am going to continue to throw over simple as that. Cat and Mouse game
              I would too, or slidestep but 20 times straight is absurd no matter what...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cdotcizzle View Post

                I would too, or slidestep but 20 times straight is absurd no matter what...
                then stop leading off pretty simple and or get back manually. Make him use his 3/4 throw over with no lead.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by HustlinOwl View Post

                  then stop leading off pretty simple and or get back manually. Make him use his 3/4 throw over with no lead.
                  Right cause an MLB pitcher is going to throw over 20 consecutive times right? Lol. Anyway I never lead off even when attempting to steal, I honestly don't. The few I'd steal with were 90+ speed and I'm pretty good at guessing pitches I typically ended up stealing on curves/changes where I didn't need additional lead off. But the OP is still correct in the point imo.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HustlinOwl View Post
                    If you take a lead, I am going to continue to throw over simple as that. Cat and Mouse game
                    This exactly. It kills me that some people think they are entitled to that extra step.

                    It's your own fault the pitcher keeps stepping off or throwing over. You initiated the bs with your insistence on taking that extra step. Want him to stop? Stop taking the extra step.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by nremdn View Post

                      This exactly. It kills me that some people think they are entitled to that extra step.

                      It's your own fault the pitcher keeps stepping off or throwing over. You initiated the bs with your insistence on taking that extra step. Want him to stop? Stop taking the extra step.
                      I think you're missing the main point being after throwing over 100 times this guy goes and takes the extra step with his guys. Doesn't make for a fun game if both people are throwing over all game long.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by tnutz003 View Post

                        I think you're missing the main point being after throwing over 100 times this guy goes and takes the extra step with his guys. Doesn't make for a fun game if both people are throwing over all game long.
                        I am not missing the point at all. They are both part of the problem. If someone wants to take the extra step 100 times then the pitcher has every right to step off or throw over 100 times. No one is entitled to the extra step.

                        If a base runner in mlb was taking a big advantageous lead, the opposing team would do whatever is necessary to let him know that isn't going to fly.

                        People that continue to take an extra step after being thrown back to the base 5+ times hurt the game as bad as bunt cheese. The fact that most think they are owed that extra step just makes it worse. They initiate the problem and then get upset when someone doesn't just give them a free pass to steal a base.
                        Last edited by nremdn; 03-09-2017, 10:52 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There is no official rule for the number of pick off attempts during a single at bat, I know there is a rule regarding what an umpire dictates as unsportsmanlike conduct and can disqualify a player.
                          Rule 8.01(d) (in part): Each umpire has authority to disqualify any player, coach, manager or substitute for objecting to decisions or for unsportsmanlike conduct or language, and to eject such disqualified person from the playing field.

                          I recall at least once at a game on TV an at bat that lasted for like 20 minutes due to a combo of foul tips and then failed pickoffs or step offs... Nothing was really done or "said", but it was extremely clear that Ned Yost and the home plate umpire were getting pretty tired of the pick offs to Jarrod Dyson. Trying to find a real statistical number I found this gem of us back in 2012, halfway through the clip even the look on Hosmers face is even like, Enough already bro!
                          http://m.mlb.com/kc/video/topic/8877...-span-10-times

                          This is supposed to be a gentleman's sim so lets cuts the crap gents. I love taking an extra step with a speed demon on first to get someone to hurl a FB, but if the guy keeps throwing over non stop, I'll let it go. Those fielding errors are nice though when someone does it 10 times in a row.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            This is still a problem. There needs to be a limit imo. Ive played guys that throw over and over and I wont even be leading off. Or they will make snap throws with their catcher all game for no reason. On 2 of my accounts and about 200 games played I have a total of 3 stolen bases and those are usually from hit n runs. I dont really lead off but people will still throw over 10 plus times.

                            I understand there should be a cat n mouse game online but they still need a limit to stop people from abusing it when they start losing.

                            Also These same guys will lead off no matter what even with guys with no stealing or speed and will never get picked off....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by nremdn View Post

                              I am not missing the point at all. They are both part of the problem. If someone wants to take the extra step 100 times then the pitcher has every right to step off or throw over 100 times. No one is entitled to the extra step.

                              If a base runner in mlb was taking a big advantageous lead, the opposing team would do whatever is necessary to let him know that isn't going to fly.

                              People that continue to take an extra step after being thrown back to the base 5+ times hurt the game as bad as bunt cheese. The fact that most think they are owed that extra step just makes it worse. They initiate the problem and then get upset when someone doesn't just give them a free pass to steal a base.
                              Yes you are right. Only I find it crazy that the guy who throws over 100 times, and obviously won't let someone get a lead (I'm not talking about me. I very rarely steal, my online stats are below) turns around and then leads off with his players when they get on. I don't lead off for this reason or rarely throw over more than once just to let them know I see them. I'll just side step pitch sometimes but not always.

                              That's the cat and mouse game, not the commenter earlier who thinks throwing over constantly is "the cat and mouse game"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X