Hitting Sucks... Might not get the new game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitting Sucks... Might not get the new game

I've worked on my hitting so much. Watched videos. Adjusted my settings... I used to mash just fine in franchise mode and RTTS. And after 2 years of DD, I'm wondering why pitches that I clearly see coming I'm just not able to make contact on sometimes. I hate how streaky this game makes me. Out of the blue. And when those games happen it seems I can't hit anything, but my opponent can drive balls at their eyes WAY out of the park. It's truly annoying. The game can be so fun, but the hitting, for me, and clearly for a lot of others just doesn't make this fun anymore. I'm glad I didn't preorder the game yet. I'll probably come around and get it, maybe just retire on the DD. Which really blows cause I used to really love it. Don't know why hitting is so ****ing hard sometimes when I'm facing people who aren't even that great... I know it's annoying seeing complaints. But it's glaring. And the game is otherwise too good to NOT make some sort of criticism in hopes of some sort of explanation or adjustment.

That's baseball. Even the great hitters in the league go through rough patches. We're susceptible to the same slumps. Keep grinding AB's and your luck will turn around.

Comment

I hear ya. Whenever I have these "slumps" it's usually followed by a winning streak. But I usually don't even change my approach or anything. It feels very forced. Idk. It's more frustration than enjoyment at this point.

Comment

Hitting is actually a tad too easy this year once you get in a groove. It just takes practice. Pitching to top tier players is a pain in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by amendoza616 View Post
          I hear ya. Whenever I have these "slumps" it's usually followed by a winning streak. But I usually don't even change my approach or anything. It feels very forced. Idk. It's more frustration than enjoyment at this point.
          Everyone goes through slumps bud. Maybe just put the game down for a couple of days to give yourself fresh eyes and reinvigorate your enthusiasm for the game. Last season, when I was hitting like crap I'd put the game down for the night and watch games on mlb.tv. Before it knew it, I'd be itching to get back on and work on my weaknesses. Or I'd just go to bed if the Dodgers lost, lol. Either way, in 1-3 nights my mood about the game calmed down and I was refocused.

Also, do some searches on this forum and on the subreddit. There's a goldmine of advice out there on how change your approach or practice on your skills.

Comment

Originally posted by basetommyball View Post
            Everyone goes through slumps bud. Maybe just put the game down for a couple of days to give yourself fresh eyes and reinvigorate your enthusiasm for the game. Last season, when I was hitting like crap I'd put the game down for the night and watch games on mlb.tv. Before it knew it, I'd be itching to get back on and work on my weaknesses. Or I'd just go to bed if the Dodgers lost, lol. Either way, in 1-3 nights my mood about the game calmed down and I was refocused.

Also, do some searches on this forum and on the subreddit. There's a goldmine of advice out there on how change your approach or practice on your skills.
            What he said, except for watching the Dodgers! Lol! Basetommyball is one of the better hitters I've played. Also, if you ever need any pointers feel free to ask if you're struggling with something in particular while you're at the plate. I'm always willing to try and help out!

Comment

Originally posted by EJ_NFL_24 View Post
              Hitting is actually a tad too easy this year once you get in a groove. It just takes practice. Pitching to top tier players is a pain in the ass.
              Yeah right...try it on legend. I know is a bit easy on allstar but even on allstar some players can't see the ball. In overall I think the speed of the ball is a bit too fast for them. The difficulty is ok, is just how fast the ball travel​s towards the strike zone.

Comment

Supposedly, there are a lot more hit types in the new game. A lot more directions the ball can go. So, I'm guessing hopefully fewer slumps. Whenever I slump now, it's usually because I'm hitting the ball right at people.

Comment

Originally posted by JAM0NEAND0 View Post

Yeah right...try it on legend. I know is a bit easy on allstar but even on allstar some players can't see the ball. In overall I think the speed of the ball is a bit too fast for them. The difficulty is ok, is just how fast the ball travel​s towards the strike zone.
                  Well, I've been in the CS/WS for the better part of the year so ever H2H game I've played for a while has been on HOF. I do plenty of BP on Legend as well. It definitely can be tough at times, but the good players make it look easy.

Comment

Well, I've been in the CS/WS for the better part of the year so ever H2H game I've played for a while has been on HOF. I do plenty of BP on Legend as well. It definitely can be tough at times, but the good players make it look easy.
                    Yeah, good players make it look easy but most players are not even close to that level. I think that's my point. The game should not be made for the few that can but for the bunch that play it. Like I said is not the difficulty is the speed of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by basetommyball View Post

Good advice, thanks man. I've done that before unintentionally and it helped a tad.

Comment

Yeah, good players make it look easy but most players are not even close to that level. I think that's my point. The game should not be made for the few that can but for the bunch that play it. Like I said is not the difficulty is the speed of the ball.
                        I disagree. If they made it so everyone can have success without actually taking skill then what is the point? There's got to be a way to separate the good players from the mediocre and below average players.

Comment

I disagree. If they made it so everyone can have success without actually taking skill then what is the point? There's got to be a way to separate the good players from the mediocre and below average players.
                          So force slumping is the answer. Hence why I'm not sure I'm getting the next game. Which is a surprise to me cause I really do love the show. I just enjoy online gaming more nowadays. More purpose.

Comment

Yeah, but, if they slowed the pitches down it would be even easier for those that can already mash the ball with the current settings online. Anyway you slice it, there's going to be a minority with better skills (or, in my case, luck) than most.

Comment

Originally posted by amendoza616 View Post

So force slumping is the answer. Hence why I'm not sure I'm getting the next game. Which is a surprise to me cause I really do love the show. I just enjoy online gaming more nowadays. More purpose.
                              Pretty sure nothing is forcing you into a slump. That's just how it goes sometimes. You might be a tad bit off. That's all it takes.

Comment

Working...
                              X