No announcement yet.

Hitting Sucks... Might not get the new game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel bad for those players who can't hit. I don't think it's all their fault. Everytime I face people swinging way too early or too late at a 94mph fastball I just feel bad for them. I think they should slowdown the speed of the ball so most people can actually recognize what coming towards them. I face this people mostly in BR since I don't play much H2H and I can tell it will be an easy win.

Comment

Originally posted by JAM0NEAND0 View Post

Yeah right...try it on legend. I know is a bit easy on allstar but even on allstar some players can't see the ball. In overall I think the speed of the ball is a bit too fast for them. The difficulty is ok, is just how fast the ball travel​s towards the strike zone.
      I dont think they should change hitting difficulties. I had trouble at first distinguishing pitches but now i have gotten a lot better. My problem has always been consistency. I can see the ball well and i can place the pci on it with good timing i just get screwed by the randomness of the game most times than not.

Comment

Batting views also has a lot to do with your success at the plate. I swithced my camera last night from "fisheye" to "the show 16" and its a bit more zoomed in. I dont know if it was me but the fastballs seemed a bit slower compared to the fisheye view. Ill keep testing it and ill give you guys a review.

Anyone else has greater success with a said hitting view?

Comment

Originally posted by amendoza616 View Post
          I've worked on my hitting so much. Watched videos. Adjusted my settings... I used to mash just fine in franchise mode and RTTS. And after 2 years of DD, I'm wondering why pitches that I clearly see coming I'm just not able to make contact on sometimes. I hate how streaky this game makes me. Out of the blue. And when those games happen it seems I can't hit anything, but my opponent can drive balls at their eyes WAY out of the park. It's truly annoying. The game can be so fun, but the hitting, for me, and clearly for a lot of others just doesn't make this fun anymore. I'm glad I didn't preorder the game yet. I'll probably come around and get it, maybe just retire on the DD. Which really blows cause I used to really love it. Don't know why hitting is so ****ing hard sometimes when I'm facing people who aren't even that great... I know it's annoying seeing complaints. But it's glaring. And the game is otherwise too good to NOT make some sort of criticism in hopes of some sort of explanation or adjustment.
          I usually disagree with these type of posts but I going to have to give in and agree with this one. this is how I feel right now. I've been in a major hitting slump. I've lost 8 games in a row in online franchise, have lost DD games, and have lost games on my other account. About half of these games I've been losing have been due to me being in a slump, the other half I can't explain. It dont matter what I do, the ball gets hit right to the defense. I can get more hits and strikeouts than my opponent and still lose. The kicker was yesterday, alternate account. Took a no hitter into the 9th and lost the game on one hit. No it wasnt a home run, it was a hit, passed ball, then he bunted runner from 2nd to home. I had 5 hits in that game. I don't know, I'm starting to believe the complainers here about forced slumps and the game deciding who wins. I hate to though.

Comment

Originally posted by thinkbluedgr View Post

I usually disagree with these type of posts but I going to have to give in and agree with this one. this is how I feel right now. I've been in a major hitting slump. I've lost 8 games in a row in online franchise, have lost DD games, and have lost games on my other account. About half of these games I've been losing have been due to me being in a slump, the other half I can't explain. It dont matter what I do, the ball gets hit right to the defense. I can get more hits and strikeouts than my opponent and still lose. The kicker was yesterday, alternate account. Took a no hitter into the 9th and lost the game on one hit. No it wasnt a home run, it was a hit, passed ball, then he bunted runner from 2nd to home. I had 5 hits in that game. I don't know, I'm starting to believe the complainers here about forced slumps and the game deciding who wins. I hate to though.
            Call it a "forced slump" or "selective randomness of the game". But it's absolutely a real thing. I really feel like I have good pitch recognition. And I'm squaring up balls just fine and they are right at fielders or foul balls. It's maddening. Meanwhile I can throw the ball WAY out of the zone (at the eyes, or in the dirt) and opponent can find the gaps or hit it out?!?!?! WTF. Cmon. This year I broke a few controllers because of it, not healthy, not bragging. But just to show how frustrating these things can be. I've matured a bit and learned that this is just part of the video game. So instead of raging out I say "**** this" and quit knowing that it's not worth it. Every year around this time I'm always SO excited to get the new game and am preordered.... this year, while the game looks good, I just don't know if it's worth the headache. I don't feel like the game is ALL skill based, and much more dependent on "the randomness/luck of the game" or "forced slump/losses"... not just with hitting but with all the crappy nuances that help you lose arbitrarily.

Comment

Originally posted by JAM0NEAND0 View Post
              In overall I think the speed of the ball is a bit too fast for them. The difficulty is ok, is just how fast the ball travel​s towards the strike zone.
              Balance wise, I think the pci and other factors can be tweeked to counter lowerinv the speed/visibility. I'm sure they do make balancing adjustments under the hood. I kind of wish they were done more often, and more publicly. Someone made a comment in one of these hitting threads about the hitting being much more precise at launch last year compared to a few months after. I feel the same way, but am left guessing with the balancing done quietly behind the scenes.

Like JAM0NEAND0 said in another post, the game should be balanced optimally for the masses. Not to be played on a gaming monitor, with top notch wired connection, with Control Freaks. The learning curve in this game is steep, but if seasoned players with average peripherals feel the hitting sucks then something is wrong.

Comment

Another thing, if patience at the plate is one of the best things you can do to improve then that may show that the game does infact influence outcomes too much. If you need that attribute/RNG boost of a hitter's count for hits to fall or balls to leave the park, then it's way too sim. Same thing if I crush the ball but it was the 1st pitch of an AB (or any given influence or lack thereof) and it's a popup to the catcher.

Personally, I don't want to take pitches until 2 strikes and/or only swing at pitches in the middle of the plate. I want to be able to see and react to balls and strikes, out my best swing on it and let the ball fall where it may. Playing some of these guys that have the patience of an elephant and only move the pci slightly around the middle of the plate can be truly frustrating. But I can't knock them because that's what the game rewards, and how it is. Sometimes it's like you must take the bat out of your own hands because if not the game will. I want to be in control as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by amendoza616 View Post
                  I've worked on my hitting so much. Watched videos. Adjusted my settings... I used to mash just fine in franchise mode and RTTS. And after 2 years of DD, I'm wondering why pitches that I clearly see coming I'm just not able to make contact on sometimes. I hate how streaky this game makes me. Out of the blue. And when those games happen it seems I can't hit anything, but my opponent can drive balls at their eyes WAY out of the park. It's truly annoying. The game can be so fun, but the hitting, for me, and clearly for a lot of others just doesn't make this fun anymore. I'm glad I didn't preorder the game yet. I'll probably come around and get it, maybe just retire on the DD. Which really blows cause I used to really love it. Don't know why hitting is so ****ing hard sometimes when I'm facing people who aren't even that great... I know it's annoying seeing complaints. But it's glaring. And the game is otherwise too good to NOT make some sort of criticism in hopes of some sort of explanation or adjustment.
                  I feel you. I'm so fed up with this game. Batting: Take pitches, work the count, get ahead in count, square up on ball, chopper to second. Pitching: Get ahead in count, get confidence up, paint corner, homerun, results: late. **** this game. And please don't reply to this email telling me how real it is and how real baseball is random too. I haven't played 2,000 games online and spent all my time mastering working their chaotic random bull****. I don't have special grips on my controller or a monitor for less lag. But when I sit in a 2-0 change up low/middle with Reggie Stocker and hit it perfectly, but yank it foul 500 feet, that isn't real. It's real if I pull it foul because I'm early. I don't care about the confidence meter, the weather, the time of day, if the opposing pitcher just got laid, or any other random millions of variables accounted for in this game. This game drives me ****ing crazy.

Rant over.

Comment

Originally posted by DomeBay33 View Post

Balance wise, I think the pci and other factors can be tweeked to counter lowerinv the speed/visibility. I'm sure they do make balancing adjustments under the hood. I kind of wish they were done more often, and more publicly. Someone made a comment in one of these hitting threads about the hitting being much more precise at launch last year compared to a few months after. I feel the same way, but am left guessing with the balancing done quietly behind the scenes.

Like JAM0NEAND0 said in another post, the game should be balanced optimally for the masses. Not to be played on a gaming monitor, with top notch wired connection, with Control Freaks. The learning curve in this game is steep, but if seasoned players with average peripherals feel the hitting sucks then something is wrong.
                    THIS. A-****ing-men.

Comment

Originally posted by MannyJay24 View Post
                      Batting views also has a lot to do with your success at the plate. I swithced my camera last night from "fisheye" to "the show 16" and its a bit more zoomed in. I dont know if it was me but the fastballs seemed a bit slower compared to the fisheye view. Ill keep testing it and ill give you guys a review.

Fastballs are the slowest in Strike Zone camera.

Comment

Sit fastball, adjust to off speed. If the outcome was a base hit or homerun every time someone squared up the ball with a green swing, the homerun rate and scores would be comical. Consistently squaring up the ball more than your opponent is the key, don't expect the ball to go out every perfect swing as the opponent is dealing with the same frustrations.
                        Last edited by asheptastic27; 03-12-2017, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MannyJay24 View Post

I liked fish eye in the beginning then it started to make my eyes a little twitchy after playing on it for a few days.The Show 16 was a better view for me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DomeBay33 View Post
                            Another thing, if patience at the plate is one of the best things you can do to improve then that may show that the game does infact influence outcomes too much. If you need that attribute/RNG boost of a hitter's count for hits to fall or balls to leave the park, then it's way too sim. Same thing if I crush the ball but it was the 1st pitch of an AB (or any given influence or lack thereof) and it's a popup to the catcher.

Personally, I don't want to take pitches until 2 strikes and/or only swing at pitches in the middle of the plate. I want to be able to see and react to balls and strikes, out my best swing on it and let the ball fall where it may. Playing some of these guys that have the patience of an elephant and only move the pci slightly around the middle of the plate can be truly frustrating. But I can't knock them because that's what the game rewards, and how it is. Sometimes it's like you must take the bat out of your own hands because if not the game will. I want to be in control as much as possible.
                            I dont think you get a pci boost or anything by taking pitches, but it may have an impact now with quirks.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalbird5 View Post

I dont think you get a pci boost or anything by taking pitches, but it may have an impact now with quirks.
                              The only minimal increases it might have is with pitch confidence if they're not throwing strikes & forcing weak contact and depending on the pitcher, etc. fatigue slowly decreases from pitch to pitch but definitely not to a noticeable extent early in games with top tier pitchers.

Comment

Working...
                              X