Still waiting for this to be a video game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still waiting for this to be a video game

I just want my gameplay to matter. It really doesnt. In video games, it matters what the player does. Maybe just stop marketing this as a video game altogether and call it what it is: getting to press buttons whilst an algorithm decides if its realistic enough for you to enjoy what you bought.

I find it quite laughable that people complain this is too realistic.... The stats in this game do not come out that way at all without major tweaking to the sliders in franchise mode and certainly not on the level DD is set at.

Comment

Originally posted by Brife71 View Post
      I find it quite laughable that people complain this is too realistic.... The stats in this game do not come out that way at all without major tweaking to the sliders in franchise mode and certainly not on the level DD is set at.
      Sometimes I tweak the sliders in franchise mode, to get some hits, but if you tweak too much, it becomes a blow out. H2H,DD, BR is another issue for me. My timing is always off, both pitching and hitting, I've given up on those modes.

Comment

Originally posted by Brife71 View Post

It's so realistic. especially on a passed ball with a runner on 3rd, and the professional pitcher would have no instinct to cover the plate. Or the time that Jose Altuve blasted one off the train at minute maid park. See that stuff all the time on sports center.

Comment

Originally posted by Soup223 View Post

It's so realistic. especially on a passed ball with a runner on 3rd, and the professional pitcher would have no instinct to cover the plate. Or the time that Jose Altuve blasted one off the train at minute maid park. See that stuff all the time on sports center.

Blame that on the user and constantly throwing offspeed directly into the ground. In reality it's risky to throw curveballs, changups, and sliders in the dirt unless you have complete trust in the catcher. There's a risk and a reward.

Comment

Originally posted by asheptastic27 View Post

Blame that on the user and constantly throwing offspeed directly into the ground. In reality it's risky to throw curveballs, changups, and sliders in the dirt unless you have complete trust in the catcher. There's a risk and a reward.
            I dont remember mentioning my pitching strategies, but yeah, it would be risky. a risk that a professional ballplayer would recognize and be prepared to cover the plate if needed.

Comment

I dont remember mentioning my pitching strategies, but yeah, it would be risky. a risk that a professional ballplayer would recognize and be prepared to cover the plate if needed.
              I have had plenty of passed balls with runners on third where the ball was thrown in the strike zone and just hit my catcher right in the dome. So much BS. I have videos to prove it too.

Comment

In real life some pitchers don't cover first on ground balls to first. It happens.

Comment

Originally posted by MannyJay24 View Post

I have had plenty of passed balls with runners on third where the ball was thrown in the strike zone and just hit my catcher right in the dome. So much BS. I have videos to prove it too.
                  FB Mauer is famous for this and he is a 99. Who would expect a ball that would hit him dead center in the chest protector to wind up as a passed ball? I spent $110K last night buying the NL Central just to get Bench because of this. Hey can't take the stubs with you LOL.
                  Texas Flood

Comment

Originally posted by MannyJay24 View Post

did the pticher cover the plate? the B.S. for the passed ball is one thing. But for a pro pitcher to not think to cover the plate is just boneheaded. I mean, you learn that in little league

Comment

I just want my gameplay to matter. It really doesnt. In video games, it matters what the player does. Maybe just stop marketing this as a video game altogether and call it what it is: getting to press buttons whilst an algorithm decides if its realistic enough for you to enjoy what you bought.
                      RBI Baseball is available on MLB.com for you to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by tocooks View Post

RBI Baseball is available on MLB.com for you to buy.
                        I'm sure he can find a used copy of 2k also lol

Comment

Personally, I like the algos keeping the game in check so it feels more like baseball. If it was literally input only, you would see the top players scoring dozens of runs every single game. If I want unrealistic scoring, I will play madden.

Comment

AMEN. Couldn't agree more. It's a ****ing video game. I love it when I play someone way lower rated than me and the game is close because, you know, "real baseball". How about this... whether someone is better than me or I'm better than them, the game should be influenced APPROPRIATELY and not be kept close just because it's more "realistic" to baseball. Because you know in "real baseball" a MLB team would destroy a college team. Why have ratings if the game is going to be kept close no matter what? I hope people are following this. "Real baseball" is played on a field with hopefully people that are in the same skill set as you are. If they're not... the score dictates that. God doesn't swoop in with the cast of Angels in the Outfield and Danny Glover and start operating magically for you.

Comment

Originally posted by amendoza616 View Post

AMEN. Couldn't agree more. It's a ****ing video game. I love it when I play someone way lower rated than me and the game is close because, you know, "real baseball". How about this... whether someone is better than me or I'm better than them, the game should be influenced APPROPRIATELY and not be kept close just because it's more "realistic" to baseball. Because you know in "real baseball" a MLB team would destroy a college team. Why have ratings if the game is going to be kept close no matter what? I hope people are following this. "Real baseball" is played on a field with hopefully people that are in the same skill set as you are. If they're not... the score dictates that. God doesn't swoop in with the cast of Angels in the Outfield and Danny Glover and start operating magically for you.
                              Uh what lol?

How do top players win 90+ pct of the time and outscore their opponents on average like 6-7 runs to 2-3? I agree there can be unlucky moments to cause to lose but it happens. The better you are at the game the less you have to rely on the 50/50 plays or calls to go your way.

And it is baseball....where you know even the Cubs only won 67 pct of the time...

I lost a 50 plus win streak because my RFer dropped a ball and my opponent had all of his hits in one inning including 2 bloopers and a few seeing eye singles while I put the ball in play all game pretty hard. I probably would win 95/100 if these matchups were repeated but I still I lost 4-3 when I mercied this opponent the previous two times ...it happens.

I will say this though...the game is too forgiving on fouling off pitches with red swings and bad pci placement
                              Last edited by cardinalbird5; 03-16-2017, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X