Still waiting for this to be a video game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soup223 View Post
    I just want my gameplay to matter. It really doesnt. In video games, it matters what the player does. Maybe just stop marketing this as a video game altogether and call it what it is: getting to press buttons whilst an algorithm decides if its realistic enough for you to enjoy what you bought.
    Spot on, it is like 80 percent skill and 20 percent an algorithm based on player stats, comeback logic and whatever. So many games decided by the algorithm rather than user input.

Comment

This must be an online problem because I don't experience it playing franchise mode.

Originally posted by WolfgangRockie View Post
      Spot on, it is like 80 percent skill and 20 percent an algorithm based on player stats, comeback logic and whatever. So many games decided by the algorithm rather than user input.

Comment

It's a video game obviously. And, as with all video games, there is skill involved and there is an element of luck involved. Just like poker, as well. I don't think you realize how many factors play into every at bat.

Comment

Id argue outside of RL this sports game relies on the most user input and skill as well.

I just wish there was a bit more skill involved in fielding. That is roughly 80 pct attributes and 20 pct skill.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalbird5 View Post
            Id argue outside of RL this sports game relies on the most user input and skill as well.

I just wish there was a bit more skill involved in fielding. That is roughly 80 pct attributes and 20 pct skill.
            Agreed. This game takes far more skill and timing than any other sports games I've played and it's not even close if I'm being honest. I used to be a top tier Madden player and while it was good it still took far less skill input-wise.

Comment

Working...
            X