Is it best to...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it best to...

Is it best to make a team of only the players you hit the very best with (regardless of whether they are Diamond, Gold, Silver, Bronze, or Common)? For instance, let's say you have Diamond Trout but he isn't the one you do best with at the position of CF. You only hit .230 with him but hit .380 with Charlie Blackmon (who is only a low Gold though). Do you go with Blackmon or Trout?

Originally posted by TheeAtomicPunk View Post
    Is it best to make a team of only the players you hit the very best with (regardless of whether they are Diamond, Gold, Silver, Bronze, or Common)? For instance, let's say you have Diamond Trout but he isn't the one you do best with at the position of CF. You only hit .230 with him but hit .380 with Charlie Blackmon (who is only a low Gold though). Do you go with Blackmon or Trout?
    Definitely the player you play best with. I have Blackmon in my lineup too. Over many players that are obviously rated higher than him. I bat .330 with Blackmon.

Comment

Depends on why you are playing the game I guess? Are you playing to win? (that may seem redundant), but really, are you playing to win, I mean really win? Or are you looking to win with something other than your/the best and feel more accomplished when you do?

I like to use players I like, or might have some connection with at times. Maybe not at every position all year but for the most part. I used Correa exclusively at SS for the all of 16', why? He is an up and coming quality player I enjoy watching play Live or on TV. Same goes with Bagwell, who I am honestly terrible with. Are there better players I could do better with, sure there are but I guess I am not the that gamer who has to win every game and look to make a name for himself. So, again, I think it is a personal preference.

As far as you instance, I would go with Trout. Why? I simply like him better personally and feel he is a more dominant player. What you may lose at the plate, hopefully he makes in the field but a .150 difference would be hard to pass up.
      Last edited by DethBaphomet; 03-16-2017, 11:53 AM.
      Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC

Comment

Originally posted by TheeAtomicPunk View Post
        Definitely the player you're better with. I've benched prime pujols, prime miggy, and 97 nolan and have never looked back.

Comment

I play to win, so whoever performs the best keeps their roster spot. For example, I just cut 97 Cutch22 because I couldn't hit with him for the life of me.

Comment

Originally posted by basetommyball View Post
            Definitely the player you're better with. I've benched prime pujols, prime miggy, and 97 nolan and have never looked back.

You are doing something right. Very nice numbers there bud.
            Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC

Comment

Originally posted by basetommyball View Post
              Makes sense. Much cheaper that way too as opposed to just stacking your lineup with the highest rated cards.

Comment

Working...
              X