Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What items have you broken playing this game?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What items have you broken playing this game?!

We all have been there. Small or large, some more frequent than others. I certainly have not been shy about posting on here how pissed off this game makes me. Mind you, I say in full sincerity that nothing else in my life brings me as much frustration than the nuances that make this game unenjoyable. That isn't to say I lead a problem free life, just saying I do go to this game to have fun and when I deal with forced slumps or crap game mechanics (i.e. rainbow throws, dropped routine flys, opposing batters hitting pitches way out of the zone way out of the park. etc. etc.) somethings leads to being hit. This year I've broken a game disc and probably 3 controllers. It's embarrassing and I'm not gloating over it, I'd love to hear how angry you guys have gotten whilst playing this game. If you broke something, came close, yelled so loud that your cat ran away lol It's okay to recognize your flaws and self deprecate. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has seemingly gone off the deep end a few times playing this game.

As much as I love this game and have been playing for years, still not sure if I'm going to get the new one unfortunately. Don't see how it's worth the headache. And I shouldn't have to buy a special monitor to have PERFECT timing. I have a monitor... it's called an HD FLATSCREEN TV.
    Last edited by amendoza616; 03-16-2017, 12:00 PM.

$1200 Samsung 4K tv...threw controller on floor and it bounced right back into center of tv lol

Comment

Originally posted by cdotcizzle View Post
      $1200 Samsung 4K tv...threw controller on floor and it bounced right back into center of tv lol
      OUCH. Dude. You've already won this thread. Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Nothing more expensive than the controller itself, thankfully. $50-60 adds up. I've got way better about it. I used to go thru about 1 XB1 controller a month playing Madden. Finally curbed the controller tossing when I bought my Elite controller. Have only bought 1 new controller the past year. Probably gonna get a new one for 17.

Comment

Originally posted by amendoza616 View Post

OUCH. Dude. You've already won this thread. Sorry for your loss.
          It's no big deal really just went out and bought a better tv. Upgraded to 4K hdr lol

Comment

Originally posted by cdotcizzle View Post
            RIP your wallet.

Comment

I broke my silence while playing, that's about it but was enough for the wife to come and check on me.

And I shouldn't have to buy a special monitor to have PERFECT timing. I have a monitor... it's called an HD FLATSCREEN TV.
              I almost did yesterday. Saw the thread here about what to get, found a display BenQ for $119 and was just about to pay online, then thought about it. Do I really want to play on a 27" screen? No, hopefully the urge subsides.
              Last edited by DethBaphomet; 03-16-2017, 12:34 PM.
              Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC

Comment

My complete list:

- 2 MLB the Show discs (Bought a digital copy instead. So I've bought 3 copies of the SHOW 16 lol)
                - 3 PS4 Controllers
                - 2 holes in wall
                - Scared the **** out of my cat so now she goes into another room whenever she hears the MLB Show theme

Comment

Originally posted by DethBaphomet View Post
                  I broke my silence while playing, that's about it but was enough for the wife to come and check on me.

I almost did yesterday. Saw the thread here about what to get, found a display BenQ for $119 and was just about to pay online, then thought about it. Do I really want to play on a 27" screen? No, hopefully the urge subsides.
                  I know man, I agree. I was actively looking myself for a monitor when I stopped and came to same conclusion. I would only be using this monitor for the Show......... for what? A little better timing? And a way smaller screen?? I have a 42 inch flat screen HD TV now... but I'm planning on getting a much bigger one soon. I want to game on that. Not a little monitor! No thanks, not for a little better timing. SDS needs to fix this **** for the masses not for the small margin of people who have money to blow for a gaming monitor for one game.

Comment

I know man, I agree. I was actively looking myself for a monitor when I stopped and came to same conclusion. I would only be using this monitor for the Show......... for what? A little better timing? And a way smaller screen?? I have a 42 inch flat screen HD TV now... but I'm planning on getting a much bigger one soon. I want to game on that. Not a little monitor! No thanks, not for a little better timing. SDS needs to fix this **** for the masses not for the small margin of people who have money to blow for a gaming monitor for one game.
                    If you took all the money you spent on broken games & controllers, you could have bought a monitor lmao!!! But I haven't broken anything only because I've been working on my anger for a while now, but I've came close to headbutting My tv way too Many times to count lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by DethBaphomet View Post

You seem to be pretty good at the game anyway, I was playing on a tv that is 7-8 years old & would lag like crazy so I needed an upgrade & since this is the only game besides gta I play I said fudge it.

Comment

But in the past I've broken so many controllers and punched so many holes in my walls lol

Comment

Originally posted by D33-GUNNER_100 View Post

You seem to be pretty good at the game anyway, I was playing on a tv that is 7-8 years old & would lag like crazy so I needed an upgrade & since this is the only game besides gta I play I said fudge it.
                          Pitching is my savior for sure. At least I can out smart them while on the mound. Batting is a different ball game there bud.
                          Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC

Comment

it has nothing to do with SDS needing to fix anything, when you buy a tv make sure it has the fastest refresh rate you can get, that's the big difference between a monitor and a tv, tv's usually have much slower refresh rates, there's not much SDS can do about that.

Comment

My complete list:

- 2 MLB the Show discs (Bought a digital copy instead. So I've bought 3 copies of the SHOW 16 lol)
                              - 3 PS4 Controllers
                              - 2 holes in wall
                              - Scared the **** out of my cat so now she goes into another room whenever she hears the MLB Show theme
                              Also, you need to chill, it's just a video game

Comment

Working...
                              X