Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**** this game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • **** this game

    It does whatever it wants, and seems to rarely reward good play. DD game. Bottom of the ninth, tie game, runners on 1st and 2nd with two outs and Arod (91 contact, 98 power) up against a lefty with medium confidence, 2-0 count. I guess high inside fastball, hit it absolutely perfect right to the shortstop. Inning over. Next inning, my pitchers (97 Felix Hernandez) confidence is maxed out. First batter, early swing, little dribbled through the infield. Then Altuve (48 power against righties) gets up against a righty, and smashes a 450 foot homerun and the feedback says his swing was "early". Not "just early" but ****ing early. I lose the game. The computer may as well just tell us what is supposed to happen, and I'll just sim out the games. It makes no ****ing sense. I know we've all "been there" and "that's baseball" but it happens every ****in game. Why do we torture ourselves with this ****ty game? Should I just become a cheese bunter? That seems to be the only way to actually have any control over what happens. Gonna bust out the original Nintendo and play Baseball Stars instead of wasting my money on 17. Fix this **** SDS. I know I'm not alone on this and you are driving people insane.
    Last edited by rufus1121; 03-17-2017, 01:12 AM.

  • #2
    Well Altuve is 13-24 versus King Felix in his career. The game isn't just about the ratings and if the better pitcher always won then Clayton Kershaw would throw a perfect game every time out.

    Originally posted by rufus1121 View Post
    It does whatever it wants, and seems to rarely reward good play. DD game. Bottom of the ninth, tie game, runners on 1st and 2nd with two outs and Arod (91 contact, 98 power) up against a lefty with medium confidence, 2-0 count. I guess high inside fastball, hit it absolutely perfect right to the shortstop. Inning over. Next inning, my pitchers (97 Felix Hernandez) confidence is maxed out. First batter, early swing, little dribbled through the infield. Then Altuve (48 power against righties) gets up against a righty, and smashes a 450 foot homerun and the feedback says his swing was "early". Not "just early" but ****ing early. I lose the game. The computer may as well just tell us what is supposed to happen, and I'll just sim out the games. It makes no ****ing sense. I know we've all "been there" and "that's baseball" but it happens every ****in game. Why do we torture ourselves with this ****ty game? Should I just become a cheese bunter? That seems to be the only way to actually have any control over what happens. Gonna bust out the original Nintendo and play Baseball Stars instead of wasting my money on 17. Fix this **** SDS. I know I'm not alone on this and you are driving people insane.

    Comment


    • #3
      Did you get a line drive or a pop out to the SS?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by saintsfan_1029 View Post
        Did you get a line drive or a pop out to the SS?

        I doubt either is gonna make him feel any better about the situation. You win some, you lose some. He has some decent ratings and should chalk it up to he should of done more early on and not to be in that situation. It happens. On to the next game.
        Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC




        Comment


        • #5
          So, I'm usually on the side of the "comeback logic" and the game nerfing hits and such, but i had to go look at what happened in this game.
          1. You were playing with fire having Andrew miller in his 4th inning of work. You just were. Altuve probably had a pci the size of the stadium ... I know i would have been power swinging with him.
          2. You had ample chance to score in the bottom of the inning after bunt singles with josh Hamilton and Joe mauer, no outs.
          3. You gave away outs by trying to squeeze a run in with texiera in a bases loaded situation and were thrown out at the plate, and you tried to steal a base with mauer (I'm guessing another squeeze).
          4. You popped out to 1B/votto with a-rod for the last out, so I doubt it was hit well ... probably late timing.

          I wouldn't consider what you did to be "good play" that you should have been rewarded for.
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by saintsfan_1029 View Post
            So, I'm usually on the side of the "comeback logic" and the game nerfing hits and such, but i had to go look at what happened in this game.
            1. You were playing with fire having Andrew miller in his 4th inning of work. You just were. Altuve probably had a pci the size of the stadium ... I know i would have been power swinging with him.
            2. You had ample chance to score in the bottom of the inning after bunt singles with josh Hamilton and Joe mauer, no outs.
            3. You gave away outs by trying to squeeze a run in with texiera in a bases loaded situation and were thrown out at the plate, and you tried to steal a base with mauer (I'm guessing another squeeze).
            4. You popped out to 1B/votto with a-rod for the last out, so I doubt it was hit well ... probably late timing.

            I wouldn't consider what you did to be "good play" that you should have been rewarded for.
            So basically he lied? Cause he stated altuves stats vs RHP but you say he was facing Miller? How did you find the detailed game info on another users played game? That's a useful tool to call out BSers lol

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cdotcizzle View Post

              So basically he lied? Cause he stated altuves stats vs RHP but you say he was facing Miller? How did you find the detailed game info on another users played game? That's a useful tool to call out BSers lol
              He didn't lie. Altuve hit 2 homers that game, one in the 9th off of Felix and one in the 14th off of Miller. I do find it amusing that the guy who clearly tried to win with bunt cheese is calling out the game for a "cheese" home run.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cdotcizzle View Post
                How did you find the detailed game info on another users played game?
                You can go search gamer and look at any game they ever played. Same as you can see your own. This is on the website. theshownation.com main page.

                Community
                Search Gamer
                Enter Name
                Menu
                All Games
                Box Score
                Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC




                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rufus1121 View Post
                  Should I just become a cheese bunter?
                  Most will say you already are based on this type of gameplay. I see why you have such high ratings now.
                  Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC




                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GradektheBard View Post

                    He didn't lie. Altuve hit 2 homers that game, one in the 9th off of Felix and one in the 14th off of Miller. I do find it amusing that the guy who clearly tried to win with bunt cheese is calling out the game for a "cheese" home run.
                    lol I see. I do despise the bunting which is why 90% my online games were vs friends so we knew we would get a good clean MLB type game.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DethBaphomet View Post

                      You can go search gamer and look at any game they ever played. Same as you can see your own. This is on the website. theshownation.com main page.

                      Community
                      Search Gamer
                      Enter Name
                      Menu
                      All Games
                      Box Score
                      Good to know for future use! Thanks

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rufus1121 View Post
                        Should I just become a cheese bunter? .
                        Judging by your game log you already are ROFL

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by rufus1121 View Post
                          It does whatever it wants, and seems to rarely reward good play. DD game. Bottom of the ninth, tie game, runners on 1st and 2nd with two outs and Arod (91 contact, 98 power) up against a lefty with medium confidence, 2-0 count. I guess high inside fastball, hit it absolutely perfect right to the shortstop. Inning over. Next inning, my pitchers (97 Felix Hernandez) confidence is maxed out. First batter, early swing, little dribbled through the infield. Then Altuve (48 power against righties) gets up against a righty, and smashes a 450 foot homerun and the feedback says his swing was "early". Not "just early" but ****ing early. I lose the game. The computer may as well just tell us what is supposed to happen, and I'll just sim out the games. It makes no ****ing sense. I know we've all "been there" and "that's baseball" but it happens every ****in game. Why do we torture ourselves with this ****ty game? Should I just become a cheese bunter? That seems to be the only way to actually have any control over what happens. Gonna bust out the original Nintendo and play Baseball Stars instead of wasting my money on 17. Fix this **** SDS. I know I'm not alone on this and you are driving people insane.

                          I hear ya. I lost a game 3-2 and Billy Hamilton hit 2 HR's against me. Yes, the Billy Hamilton that hit a whole 4 HR's in 2015 Also lost on a Shane Victorino HR who hit a whopping 2 HR's in 2015. My 97+ outfielders have dropped a load of fly balls.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by saintsfan_1029 View Post
                            So, I'm usually on the side of the "comeback logic" and the game nerfing hits and such, but i had to go look at what happened in this game.
                            1. You were playing with fire having Andrew miller in his 4th inning of work. You just were. Altuve probably had a pci the size of the stadium ... I know i would have been power swinging with him.
                            2. You had ample chance to score in the bottom of the inning after bunt singles with josh Hamilton and Joe mauer, no outs.
                            3. You gave away outs by trying to squeeze a run in with texiera in a bases loaded situation and were thrown out at the plate, and you tried to steal a base with mauer (I'm guessing another squeeze).
                            4. You popped out to 1B/votto with a-rod for the last out, so I doubt it was hit well ... probably late timing.

                            I wouldn't consider what you did to be "good play" that you should have been rewarded for.
                            This is after squaring up on soooo many balls for outs. All I did was bunt that inning. Because obviously the computer had decided I wasn't getting hits

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tocooks View Post

                              Judging by your game log you already are ROFL
                              The last inning, I literally bunted every at bat. Yes. Apparently that's how you win in this game.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X