**** this game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
    Well Altuve is 13-24 versus King Felix in his career. The game isn't just about the ratings and if the better pitcher always won then Clayton Kershaw would throw a perfect game every time out.
    Then what's the point in playing? If I'm going to do exactly what I'm supposed to and square up on balls for outs, and he can blast 450 foot homeruns for hitting the ball poorly, then I would prefer the game to just sim out.

Comment

Originally posted by GradektheBard View Post

He didn't lie. Altuve hit 2 homers that game, one in the 9th off of Felix and one in the 14th off of Miller. I do find it amusing that the guy who clearly tried to win with bunt cheese is calling out the game for a "cheese" home run.
      Yes, I went on a very specific rant to lie to everyone on here about a situation that didn't actually happen.

Comment

Jajaja... Exposed. Now I don't feel bad for you.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus1121 View Post
          It does whatever it wants, and seems to rarely reward good play. DD game. Bottom of the ninth, tie game, runners on 1st and 2nd with two outs and Arod (91 contact, 98 power) up against a lefty with medium confidence, 2-0 count. I guess high inside fastball, hit it absolutely perfect right to the shortstop. Inning over. Next inning, my pitchers (97 Felix Hernandez) confidence is maxed out. First batter, early swing, little dribbled through the infield. Then Altuve (48 power against righties) gets up against a righty, and smashes a 450 foot homerun and the feedback says his swing was "early". Not "just early" but ****ing early. I lose the game. The computer may as well just tell us what is supposed to happen, and I'll just sim out the games. It makes no ****ing sense. I know we've all "been there" and "that's baseball" but it happens every ****in game. Why do we torture ourselves with this ****ty game? Should I just become a cheese bunter? That seems to be the only way to actually have any control over what happens. Gonna bust out the original Nintendo and play Baseball Stars instead of wasting my money on 17. Fix this **** SDS. I know I'm not alone on this and you are driving people insane.
          Regardless if you are a cheese bunter yourself, I agree with all this. But a lot of people will just say, you need to get a monitor or kontrolfreeks. lol Seriously doubt that helps a whole lot. It's clearly got a mind of it's own It seems. I admit that I've WON at times where I probably shouldn't have thanks to the nonsense of the game. Seriously not thinking I'm going to buy the next game. Which is tragic since its one of the only games I play on pS4

Comment

Not that I have to explain myself to anyone on here, but regarding my bunting I play with integrity. If I bunt to sacrafice (this is a part of baseball) I square very early and do not do this very often. But if my opponent is going to start cheese bunting, then I will too. In the game I'm referencing on here, the guy I was playing attempted to bunt 4 or 5 times (I think he had one bunt single and the rest were fouled off) before I bunted at all (I might have had one sacrafice earlier) So yes, after being fed up with poor results from positive hitting, and being bunted on by my opponent, I basically bunted the entire rest of the game. I am competitive and enjoy winning, like most of us on here. My team is not built around speed in order to bunt and steal, because I feel that both are unfair advantages that are too easy to do in this game. I'm happy to play anyone on here, and am always looking for good competitors who play the game right. I'm just fed up. This long and detailed story is one of hundreds of **** examples of random bull**** that happen in this game that makes no sense. When he hit the homerun off of Miller, I threw high and in and he hit me out. Results were good and I'm fine with that. I don't expect or want to score 10 runs a game. Even though I'm frustrated with the specific situations, my BA is a realistic
            .286ish. But I feel like I have to have 35 perfect at bats in order to win in a game. It's just silly.

So judge away people. I know how I play.

Comment

Originally posted by amendoza616 View Post

Regardless if you are a cheese bunter yourself, I agree with all this. But a lot of people will just say, you need to get a monitor or kontrolfreeks. lol Seriously doubt that helps a whole lot. It's clearly got a mind of it's own It seems. I admit that I've WON at times where I probably shouldn't have thanks to the nonsense of the game. Seriously not thinking I'm going to buy the next game. Which is tragic since its one of the only games I play on pS4
              I know those things would help, but if I'm getting hitting the ball where I'm supposed to, then I don't think I really need them. At this point, the only thing that would really help me is to really understand the algorithm behind the game. I spent a few weeks really working researching hitting and now I can pretty consistently put the pci where it needs to be and when. It just doesn't seem to make a difference.

Comment

It's sad that an exploit as prevalent and bitched about on here for over a year was never nerfed. I chatted in a party during a rematch after I played a guy earlier this year and he explained that if he intended to bunt he would hold the bunt out there to make it incredibly clear he was going to bunt much like in real baseball. I've done that ever since but even then in the rare instances I do it, it feels wrong since bunting has become so toxic of an issue. Laid down a legit sac bunt with the recent Ozzie Smith FB (who can't hit for ****) to tie a game in the 6th a few weeks ago and the guy rage quits and sends me a message basically threatening to kill my entire family and cheese this and cheese that. I held triangle the entire at bat so he knew to try and pitch around it, and it didn't give me the win, but even then someone called it cheesing.
                To all of those who show bunt, I salute you.

Comment

I would also like to know what exactly goes into hitting besides pci placement and timing. In my opinion, the only things that should affect the launch angle and direction a ball is hit, is the pci placement and timing. If the current zone hitting set up isn't intended to have the pci represent the bat, then there should be an option to have a pci that does, and have the results be completely user based.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan_1029 View Post
                    I would also like to know what exactly goes into hitting besides pci placement and timing. In my opinion, the only things that should affect the launch angle and direction a ball is hit, is the pci placement and timing. If the current zone hitting set up isn't intended to have the pci represent the bat, then there should be an option to have a pci that does, and have the results be completely user based.
                    Your theory would be great, if you were hitting off a tee. In baseball you have to account for the other side (pitch plain/rotation/spin) you cant just base the outcome entirely off placement and timing of the hitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dealer-95- View Post
                      It's sad that an exploit as prevalent and bitched about on here for over a year was never nerfed. I chatted in a party during a rematch after I played a guy earlier this year and he explained that if he intended to bunt he would hold the bunt out there to make it incredibly clear he was going to bunt much like in real baseball. I've done that ever since but even then in the rare instances I do it, it feels wrong since bunting has become so toxic of an issue. Laid down a legit sac bunt with the recent Ozzie Smith FB (who can't hit for ****) to tie a game in the 6th a few weeks ago and the guy rage quits and sends me a message basically threatening to kill my entire family and cheese this and cheese that. I held triangle the entire at bat so he knew to try and pitch around it, and it didn't give me the win, but even then someone called it cheesing.
                      To all of those who show bunt, I salute you.
                      Amen. Bunting is a part of baseball and part of strategy. I basically square as early as possible to be respectful. Sometimes I send a message letting them know my intentions if it happens to work out to become a hit.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus1121 View Post

Amen. Bunting is a part of baseball and part of strategy. I basically square as early as possible to be respectful. Sometimes I send a message letting them know my intentions if it happens to work out to become a hit.

If a guy messages me to let me know he's going to show bunt if he intends to, it seriously makes my friggin' day. People like that I love playing against even if they crush me 10-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Dealer-95- View Post

If a guy messages me to let me know he's going to show bunt if he intends to, it seriously makes my friggin' day. People like that I love playing against even if they crush me 10-0.
                          I message them after the fact. As in, "Hey man, I squared early and was just trying to sacrafice"

Comment

Originally posted by tocooks View Post

Your theory would be great, if you were hitting off a tee. In baseball you have to account for the other side (pitch plain/rotation/spin) you cant just base the outcome entirely off placement and timing of the hitter.
                            Spin and rotation are the same thing. Also, it means almost nothing (is insignificant in the results) in real life as soon as the ball touches the bat. Velocity of the pitch means much more. Every fastball hit for a HR, the baseball actually reverses rotation on contact with the bat.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan_1029 View Post

Spin and rotation are the same thing. Also, it means almost nothing (is insignificant in the results) in real life as soon as the ball touches the bat. Velocity of the pitch means much more. Every fastball hit for a HR, the baseball actually reverses rotation on contact with the bat.
                              Spin and rotation definitely are two different things, without getting into the specifics of ball rotation I think you already proved my point, which is that the pitch itself does need to factor in.

Your idea of using strictly placement and timing of the batter would not give you the most realistic results as it does not take all the variables into account.

Comment

Originally posted by tocooks View Post

Spin and rotation definitely are two different things, without getting into the specifics of ball rotation I think you already proved my point, which is that the pitch itself does need to factor in.

Your idea of using strictly placement and timing of the batter would not give you the most realistic results as it does not take all the variables into account.
                                Pitch velocity should affect exit velocity, but the trajectory and direction should only have to do with where the ball hit on the barrel of the bat and where the bat was pointed when it made contact.

Please tell me the difference between a baseball spinning and a baseball rotating.

Comment

Working...
                                X