Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D_e_m_I_s_E View Post
    rufus1121

I reached this point this weekend after playing BR for an extended period of time. So many BS things happen it just gets to point of being ridiculous, almost comical in a sad way. It made me rethink my pre-order of 17. I have never seen a baseball game punish you so much for barely missing the line. I lost count of how many 0-2 pitches I put a foot outside the strike zone and either gave up a hit or HR when I either hit the line or barely missed. I was using a gaming monitor and there was a huge difference in hitting. Hitting rockets right at people constantly. Only to give up hits on balls out of the zone or should have been way out.

One game I was up on a very good player 2-0. His guy hits a routine ball to SS and beats it out. Next guy on an 0-2 pitch which I put well out of the strike zone and barely missed the line goes right over the middle of the plate. Tie game. Ended up losing 3-2.

Another game up 3-1 in the 3rd inning with 2 outs. Jam shot base hit. 2 outs ball hit to CF who proceeds to miss the ball. 3-2 count on Stocker and throw a low fastball. The whole ball is in the strike zone (been setting him up for that pitch). Ball 4. Next guy hits a HR on an inside pitch that I put a foot in only to have it go over the middle after barely missing the line. This has been the worst pitching game I have ever played and I have played a lot of baseball games.
    Obvious forced loss. Has happened to me a lot in this game. Have been winning in instances by 1 or 2 rns and in the last inning i end up walking batters on pitches well in the strike zone and of course u know what happens after that. The next guy hits a homer and you loose the game. I expect it every time that happens. Its almost as if 90% of the time i can predict how the game is going to shaft me.

Comment

If that's how you feel I highly recommend Uncharted 4 and the remastered The Last of Us. Both games are amazing.

Originally posted by MannyJay24 View Post

Obvious forced loss. Has happened to me a lot in this game. Have been winning in instances by 1 or 2 rns and in the last inning i end up walking batters on pitches well in the strike zone and of course u know what happens after that. The next guy hits a homer and you loose the game. I expect it every time that happens. Its almost as if 90% of the time i can predict how the game is going to shaft me.

Comment

That's where the forced loss/predetermined outcomes discussion gets so heated. I think the occurences and instances where the game shafts you are independent to the W or the L. Contribute to it obviously, but not predetermined.

Think about it... all these sims, dicerolls and physics/gameplay throughout 9 Innings. The end result of a W or a L is way way down the line as the game plays out. At crucial moments, with a certain scoreboard the independent dice rolls and instances of the game shafting you can cost you or win you the game but the W or L is not predetermined.

Comment

Had I been streaming my game play yesterday, people would wonder why the hell I was playing. There were a few instances where it helped me but many more that didn't. One a guy dropped a routine fly ball he was camped under. How many times do you see that in MLB? If I am up in the 3rd inning of BR I can almost always count on my guy making an error or pitcher throwing one right down the middle. I went through a stretch of about 5 games where almost everything I hit came off the bat around 100 mph and couldn't buy a hit. Sometimes this happens but way too much on this game online. It almost seems like a built in equalizer. I am still doing good (record around 110-50) and all those games except two are BR. They just need to cut down the fishy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
            If that's how you feel I highly recommend Uncharted 4 and the remastered The Last of Us. Both games are amazing.
            Do you play DD?

Comment

I kind of learn to deal with it. Technically I dont even throw a strike in a situation I think something shîty will happen because you can tell something is about to happen. Prefer to walk the guy than getting pissed off from a routine ground ball to Tulo and guess what Tulo the best SS in the game can't make the play, really, really, frîcking really. Or the old miss catch by the outfielders, man don't get me started.

Comment

Originally posted by JAM0NEAND0 View Post

I kind of learn to deal with it. Technically I dont even throw a strike in a situation I think something shîty will happen because you can tell something is about to happen. Prefer to walk the guy than getting pissed off from a routine ground ball to Tulo and guess what Tulo the best SS in the game can't make the play, really, really, frîcking really. Or the old miss catch by the outfielders, man don't get me started.
                That is the exact thing I do now too.
                I also have learned that doing a mound visit, or going to the bullpen immediately (bringing in a different guy for every batter if I have to) helps throw off the screwing. I have pulled pitchers in the 7th after pitching 6 perfect innings because a bunt single Rattled them to the point of not be able to throw the ball where I wanted ... either right over the middle, or waaaay out the zone.

You shouldn't have to play around what seem like automatically adjusting "sliders", but it seems they are there. I think online DD games have hidden sliders that get adjusted during the game based on the score, the inning, and the players ratings.

Comment

I play against the CPU. If I'm going to spend an hour with a person it won't be with some random quack from the Internet.

I do not understand how a game versus another seasoned opponent (a phrase I heard hear but don't agree with) could result in a predetermined result. Maybe against the CPU the game could tilt the odds but not against another human being.

Do you play DD?

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
                    I play against the CPU. If I'm going to spend an hour with a person it won't be with some random quack from the Internet.

I do not understand how a game versus another seasoned opponent (a phrase I heard hear but don't agree with) could result in a predetermined result. Maybe against the CPU the game could tilt the odds but not against another human being.

Ok well again. CPU gameplay vs online are two different animals.

Comment

I find it hilarious that you guys seriously think they force you to lose. That simply isn't the case. There are certain things that happen in games that, depending on timing of their occurrence may seem that way but it's purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by ejnfl25 View Post
                        I find it hilarious that you guys seriously think they force you to lose. That simply isn't the case. There are certain things that happen in games that, depending on timing of their occurrence may seem that way but it's purely coincidental.
                        Seems to be too coincidental when they dont happen early in the game only on tight spots.

Comment

Seems to be too coincidental when they dont happen early in the game only on tight spots.
                          They do happen early in games as well, you just might not think anything of it at the moment because it's still early on in the game. I also have the worst luck with ball/strike calls but never felt like the game was "forcing me to lose". With variable strike zone, it's just part of the game unfortunately.

Comment

I was simply suggesting other games you might enjoy since you think this one cheats you. If you prefer online only pick up Call of Duty.

Comment

100% correct. I play both so I know that for sure.

Comment

I got stuck at work doing a double tonight so i figured i would finally see what this thread was all about. Now i need about 800mg of tylenol. Theres nothing i can say that will change anyones schizophrenic conspiracies how the game forced them to lose. So i wont do so. I will however say that for me personally, ive played lots of games and never felt that way at all. Ive had my share of perfect green dead center hits that were bloopers and misses, but thats part of baseball. Ive kept pitchers in who had no hitters and all of a sudden give up 4 runs to lose a game as well. That also is baseball and me not utilizing my rotation. I guess i did say stuff i said i wasnt going to. I cant help it. Of all the things i see people complain about in this game, this thread takes the cake. Moving on....

Comment

Working...
                                X