Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Marketplace Strategy?

Hey everybody,

So opening day isfast approaching and last year was my first serious year in DD. Now I want to get off to the right start, which means not burning through my early stubs on opening day. Is this what most of the hardcore players do? Unload players early while they prices are high and don't overpay for players early? If so, when is a good time to start placing orders? When does the marketplace start to stabilize? And, feel free to share some advice on cards you plan to stock up on early if you want.

Yeah, early I'm going to sell all of my cards and flip cards. Not sure when it will all stabilize but it should be noticeable when it does. Cards to make sure and sell for a high price are going to be switch hitters, players from the teams in the first Event, the super speedy players who will still be able to bunt for base hits....
    Also, actually, all hitters that can hit both lefties and righties well.
    Last edited by TheeAtomicPunk; 03-17-2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I will be flipping cards in the market a good bit early on to get my stubs up. I would start with any cards that have missions, events, daily objectives, etc. attached to them.
      O's, Stroh's, and Natty Boh's Hon

Comment

Originally posted by mgsfan222 View Post
        Hey everybody,

So opening day isfast approaching and last year was my first serious year in DD. Now I want to get off to the right start, which means not burning through my early stubs on opening day. Is this what most of the hardcore players do? Unload players early while they prices are high and don't overpay for players early? If so, when is a good time to start placing orders? When does the marketplace start to stabilize? And, feel free to share some advice on cards you plan to stock up on early if you want.

These are the questions most are looking solid answers for. There is no sure fire way to win at the market early on. I didn't start dabbing the market place until about mid-April last year (not sure exactly) and it was also my 1st crack at DD. I would like to think I did well completing all the teams with a minimal investment (even it was September before done).

Is this what most hardcore players do?
        I have been watching quite a few streams as of late and they are talking about ripping 450 packs on day 1. Are you that hardcore? I sure ain't. Open what you are comfortable with and hope for the best or invest your stubs in to the marketplace and hope to get some things going early and stay ahead.

Unload players early while their prices are high and don't overpay for early players?
        That would be the general purpose. You need to have your own sense where they will stabilize and try to capitalize on that. You are going get some right and some wrong. Knowing when to let go is key to minimizing losses.

If so, when is a good time to start placing orders?
        Again, comes down to what you think you can do with that card. Do you want to buy a card with 50+ Buy Now all within 100 stubs of each other and hope you can sell your for a quick profit? The answers aren't clear but the wrong choices should be obvious to anyone with budgeting common sense.

When does the marketplace stabilize?
        That won't happen until there is a fair amount of cards out there for a certain player. It will happen sooner for some. Also, people predictions will play a role in where a card begins to flip at a steady rate.

Advice on cards to stock up on? I have a better chance with people not buying them. Remember this a competitive market and we all looking for that card.

I think it comes down to market common sense, a bit of luck (pulls, greedy buyers) and good feel of what is happening on a certain card for that day or hour. I am not sure if there is a way to dominate early, I am just going to wing it and hope for the best.

Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC

Comment

I would say the best way to play the market early is the worst way to play DD, in that you would want to sell all your golds and especially diamonds when supply is extremely low and demand is high. So, I guess if you are also looking forward to playing RTTS or Franchise, my advice would be sell everything in the first week, play the other modes, then come back to DD at the end of May. If you really just want to play DD, then I would suggest keeping any cards you plan on using later in the year and dumping the ones that are good early, but will be quickly replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by DethBaphomet View Post
            they are talking about ripping 450 packs on day 1. Are you that hardcore? I sure ain't.[/SIZE][/FONT]
            Haha, that made me laugh. There is always that group that says "I work hard for my money, I'll spend it as I see fit", and the other group that says "You crazy bro", lol. I'm somewhere in the middle, in that I might spend a little $$, but for the sake of my sanity (and my marriage), I do so in moderation. I pre ordered the $99 edition from GS this year, thought it would be fun and something to look forward to. All I really care about is obtaining Bagwell, so if I have to spend a little $ along the way, I'm good, but to drop another $100+.. nope.

A good strat is to just monitor the market, see who is going for what, and only sell the cards you can make a good profit from at the time. If you get a card early that you feel is a keeper for the duration of the year, hang on to him, but get rid of anyone else that is just sitting in your binder while the gettin is good.

Comment

I'll be playing the market right out of the gate. Trying to finish collections and probably playing conquest to start and get some good flashback cards before playing H2H. It was easier for me to flip cards starting around May because price get stable. Hopefully works out.

Comment

I think my strategy is going to be wheel n deal on the market to get as many stubs as I can. Until I upgrade my lineup I'll probably stay away from H2H. I don't really see the need to buy alot of packs. DD cards can be accumulated simply by playing and completing missions.

Comment

Originally posted by RichFire956 View Post
                  I think my strategy is going to be wheel n deal on the market to get as many stubs as I can.
                  But like any business you need to invest money to make money. So what will some peoples initial investment be?
                  Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC

Comment

People would be amazed how much profit comes from flipping silvers. Im keeping golds and diamonds unless i dont like said player. Otherwise flipping silvers is my strat. Worked great last year

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeTinCup View Post
                      People would be amazed how much profit comes from flipping silvers. Im keeping golds and diamonds unless i dont like said player. Otherwise flipping silvers is my strat. Worked great last year
                      There is plenty of money to be made in flipping silvers. I started that way in DD last year and when I started building my stubs, I moved up to golds and the occasional diamond.

The good thing about flipping silvers is you can do it fairly quickly but the profit margin (after tax) is less compared to flipping most golds. It's the quantity of flipping silvers that makes it profitable but I did find a lot of success in flipping golds if you know what to look for.
                      O's, Stroh's, and Natty Boh's Hon

Comment

last year for me equipment sold a ton in the beginning, plus was more stable than player cards. flipping silvers later is smart also

Comment

Originally posted by VanillaBeast View Post

Haha, that made me laugh. There is always that group that says "I work hard for my money, I'll spend it as I see fit", and the other group that says "You crazy bro", lol. I'm somewhere in the middle, in that I might spend a little $$, but for the sake of my sanity (and my marriage), I do so in moderation. I pre ordered the $99 edition from GS this year, thought it would be fun and something to look forward to. All I really care about is obtaining Bagwell, so if I have to spend a little $ along the way, I'm good, but to drop another $100+.. nope.

A good strat is to just monitor the market, see who is going for what, and only sell the cards you can make a good profit from at the time. If you get a card early that you feel is a keeper for the duration of the year, hang on to him, but get rid of anyone else that is just sitting in your binder while the gettin is good.
                          I put aside $300 to drop on release. This is my hobby for when I get done coaching t-ball, taking kids to dance and gymnastics, ect ect...Only time I have for myself is this game so when kids go to bed ill drop money all year for my sanity Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DethBaphomet View Post

But like any business you need to invest money to make money. So what will some peoples initial investment be?
                            $300 right off the bat. That should be good enough to start any team, save some stubs, and some extra for cards to flip for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthless22805 View Post

$300 right off the bat. That should be good enough to start any team, save some stubs, and some extra for cards to flip for sure.
                              I got plenty to burn I'm right there with ya lol

Comment

Working...
                              X