Post your ideal Wild West event lineup for '17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your ideal Wild West event lineup for '17

It showed in stream that your team overall would need to be under 87. Mine as it is is at 82 and gives a little woggle room for rating changes. Also I'll be using my rookie Griffey instead of the choo card, but had to plug in a card with close ratings

https://daddyleagues.com/dd/lineup/9627-Wild_West_event

Edit: I guess it automatically plugs in a CAP but obviously won't have one.
    Last edited by tnutz003; 03-22-2017, 10:40 AM.

Originally posted by tnutz003 View Post
    I showed in stream that your team overall would need to be under 87. Mine as it is is at 82 and gives a little woggle room for rating changes. Also I'll. E using my rookie Griffey instead of the choo card, but had to plug in a card with close ratings

https://daddyleagues.com/dd/lineup/9627-Wild_West_event

Edit: I guess it automatically plugs in a CAP but obviously won't have one.
    Do you already have the game or this just what you plan to do

Comment

Originally posted by cdotcizzle View Post

Do you already have the game or this just what you plan to do
      Nope just a plan. Interested to see others plans too.

Comment

What is this Wild West Event?

Comment

Well I can say starting pitchers will be pointless in 3 inning games.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalbird5 View Post
            Well I can say starting pitchers will be pointless in 3 inning games.

Why do you think that? It's not like battle royale where you have to choose where to put your resources. If you're the home team you may be able to win pitching three scoreless with kershaw before he even needs to hit. And with choosing 5 good starters you don't have to worry about wasting a pick like you would if you chose a diamond or gold pitcher in BR.
            Last edited by tnutz003; 03-19-2017, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Why do you think that? It's not like battle royale where you have to choose where to put your resources. If you're the home team you may be able to win pitching three scoreless with kershaw before he even needs to hit. And with choosing 5 good starters you don't have to worry about wasting a pick like you would if you chose a diamond or gold pitcher in BR.
              I would say that carefully choosing your SP can make a difference but a diamond SP will not take a spot over a diamond hitter in my case. I am much better pitching than hitting so the strategy should work for me. There are some really good silver SP.

Comment

Originally posted by JAM0NEAND0 View Post

I would say that carefully choosing your SP can make a difference but a diamond SP will not take a spot over a diamond hitter in my case. I am much better pitching than hitting so the strategy should work for me. There are some really good silver SP.
                I don't think a diamond pitcher will have to replace a diamond hitter. I think you can pretty much take any hitters and pitchers you want on the teams available and keep your overall under the threshold by using a couple commons in your bullpen and maybe one speed common on your bench. Unless stamina is carried over game to game I think you should be able to get by with 3 or 4 good bullpen guys if your starters are solid.

Comment

This is my Wild West lineup. Denard Span is filling in for rookie Ken Griffey.

https://www.daddyleagues.com/dd/line...ild_West_Event

Comment

WOW... some of you guys are leaving a lot of wiggle room. I'm personally going to wait til The Show 17 releases and/or Daddy Leagues or another sites database updates before trying to come up with a team especially considering the change in how ratings are calculated. I'd most definitely half expect everyone to use their Griffey rookie card unless they get their hands on someone like Mike Trout.

The whole key to this is going to how many innings the games are as if I remember correctly they will vary depending on the event although I think it was confirmed as others have said that WWW will be 3 innings.

Personally I see nothing wrong with coming into this event with Kershaw, Mad Bum and King Felix as 3 of your 5 SPs. With SPs still being random you will have to do something similar to what you do in BR... you either have a stacked staff (Diamonds/Golds) or put all your resources into your bats by using bronzes (and even commons) as your SPs.

I think I'm going to load up on bats first to see where my OVR lands before working on my starting rotation. I'm not going to kill my stubs to get the three guys I mentioned in my rotation but if I pull them I'm not going to hesitate to use them especially with Noah Syndergaard's rookie card there for the taking with 12 wins in a row if I'm not mistaken. The bench and bullpen will probably be thin though for me atleast for this event.

Comment

Originally posted by romeischillin View Post
                      WOW... some of you guys are leaving a lot of wiggle room. I'm personally going to wait til The Show 17 releases and/or Daddy Leagues or another sites database updates before trying to come up with a team especially considering the change in how ratings are calculated. I'd most definitely half expect everyone to use their Griffey rookie card unless they get their hands on someone like Mike Trout.

The whole key to this is going to how many innings the games are as if I remember correctly they will vary depending on the event although I think it was confirmed as others have said that WWW will be 3 innings.

Personally I see nothing wrong with coming into this event with Kershaw, Mad Bum and King Felix as 3 of your 5 SPs. With SPs still being random you will have to do something similar to what you do in BR... you either have a stacked staff (Diamonds/Golds) or put all your resources into your bats by using bronzes (and even commons) as your SPs.

I think I'm going to load up on bats first to see where my OVR lands before working on my starting rotation. I'm not going to kill my stubs to get the three guys I mentioned in my rotation but if I pull them I'm not going to hesitate to use them especially with Noah Syndergaard's rookie card there for the taking with 12 wins in a row if I'm not mistaken. The bench and bullpen will probably be thin though for me atleast for this event.
                      I'll don't think there will be any problem staying under the 87 overall if that's what it stays like in the stream for any team imaginable. Just will be how many stubs you want to burn through.

When doing the stream they did have to pull a few players out of their lineup but they also already have the 99 Griffey, and fb Hanley and Pablo which I'm sure we won't have access to day one. A couple commons in your bullpen I think will allow you to have any live series players you want.

Since this is the only game I really play all year I buy my usual stubs right away and will have a good team for both this and for seasons also. That's why I won't mind spending on five good starters right away so that you have them for season mode too.

Comment

Originally posted by FRALANCE View Post

Here is all I could find on the event.
                        • Events are weekly themes where you play with restrictions. This means that low-rated players you may have ditched previously may have some value. The game's first event is Wild Wild West where you can only use players from the Padres, Dodgers, Athletics, Angels, Mariners, and the Giants. Other events planned (they will be introduced every few weeks) include only having lefties, rookies, etc. Events have a rating salary cap to force you to make further choices with your lineup.
                        Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC

Comment

Originally posted by bardown_bender87 View Post
                          This is my Wild West lineup. Denard Span is filling in for rookie Ken Griffey.

https://www.daddyleagues.com/dd/line...ild_West_Event
                          Pretty solid team for what shouldn't be an extreme amount of stubs even though prices will be higher than normal for all those guys. ( But also good for flipping).

I'm interested what seager will cost off the bat being a diamond right away he might be 40k+

Comment

Originally posted by FRALANCE View Post
                            Go to about 2:12 on the the Sonysandiego twitch stream on diamond dynasty.
                            Last edited by tnutz003; 03-20-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Pretty solid team for what shouldn't be an extreme amount of stubs even though prices will be higher than normal for all those guys. ( But also good for flipping).

I'm interested what seager will cost off the bat being a diamond right away he might be 40k+

This is the main reason that I'm waiting as the overalls are sure to calculate differently. And then we also have to take into account if the roster will lock for the event and allow use to use the same roster even if a roster update puts your team above the OVR limit or if they'll force you to make adjustments to your lineup again?

Comment

Working...
                              X