Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquest in 17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Conquest in 17

    I really hope they don't make any significant changes to the base conquest game. In other words, I am hoping the same strategies work this year as last year. It is a pain enough having to play/win 30 games to unlock all the command missions, it would be really annoying if the CPU used the same strategy we do (and might even make the mode almost unbeatable for all but the best players).

  • #2
    I am just hoping for some sort of replay value. Like take every stronghold on AS, HOF, and Legend for 3 different rewards. Anything to make me play it more than once. It took me a few tries of starting over to finish and certainly wouldn't say it was easy. Looking forward to it again though.
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC




    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GradektheBard View Post
      I really hope they don't make any significant changes to the base conquest game. In other words, I am hoping the same strategies work this year as last year. It is a pain enough having to play/win 30 games to unlock all the command missions, it would be really annoying if the CPU used the same strategy we do (and might even make the mode almost unbeatable for all but the best players).
      Anybody can be the best.Just be patient.See the ball be the ball

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DethBaphomet View Post
        I am just hoping for some sort of replay value. Like take every stronghold on AS, HOF, and Legend for 3 different rewards. Anything to make me play it more than once. It took me a few tries of starting over to finish and certainly wouldn't say it was easy. Looking forward to it again though.
        I beat it without restarting map but it took me forever cause literally played every game when most people didn't. Just could not pass up on all the free cards! But I'd love to have different rewards for beating it on different difficulties.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cdotcizzle View Post

          I beat it without restarting map but it took me forever cause literally played every game when most people didn't. Just could not pass up on all the free cards! But I'd love to have different rewards for beating it on different difficulties.
          That would be nice. First time around I played every game, captured only two strongholds. Afterwards I learned how much easier it is to effectively "Camp" on empty nodes and build a fan wall around your area.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ikasnu View Post

            That would be nice. First time around I played every game, captured only two strongholds. Afterwards I learned how much easier it is to effectively "Camp" on empty nodes and build a fan wall around your area.
            I don't see the point in this though, what do you gain?

            Comment


            • #7
              The missions and that 10 pack reward.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DethBaphomet View Post
                I am just hoping for some sort of replay value. Like take every stronghold on AS, HOF, and Legend for 3 different rewards. Anything to make me play it more than once. It took me a few tries of starting over to finish and certainly wouldn't say it was easy. Looking forward to it again though.

                I remember specifically watching one of the Show 17 podcast that stated exactly this. That we will not just complete it and be done because they will keep opening new challenges throughout the year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ChuckCLC View Post


                  I remember specifically watching one of the Show 17 podcast that stated exactly this. That we will not just complete it and be done because they will keep opening new challenges throughout the year.
                  Now you mention it I remember that too

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cdotcizzle View Post

                    I beat it without restarting map but it took me forever cause literally played every game when most people didn't. Just could not pass up on all the free cards! But I'd love to have different rewards for beating it on different difficulties.

                    That's not going to happen because the difficulty is based on your numbers at that specific time. They didn't change how it works, so it's an extremely safe bet they won't be basing anything off of difficulty due to the design of the mode.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ChuckCLC View Post


                      I remember specifically watching one of the Show 17 podcast that stated exactly this. That we will not just complete it and be done because they will keep opening new challenges throughout the year.
                      That would be great. I found a post from August where I suggested a few things.

                      Originally posted by DethBaphomet View Post

                      I like that option but here is a few more to maybe add to some pack rewards.

                      Defeat Conquest:

                      1. With no simmed games.
                      2. Conquer with CPU team rankings equal or greater than Allstar. For all games.
                      Do the same for HOF and Legend?
                      3. Conquer all Strongholds with Team Rated lower than 70, 80 and so on.
                      Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC




                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by VanillaBeast View Post


                        That's not going to happen because the difficulty is based on your numbers at that specific time. They didn't change how it works, so it's an extremely safe bet they won't be basing anything off of difficulty due to the design of the mode.
                        I don't think it will happen but it'd be cool is all I'm saying

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It would be interesting if they gave you certain teams to take out, like a special order. Or maybe defeat certain divisions in a set order. If packs or cards were a reward, I'd do it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It would be cool if depending on what difficulty you beat a stronghold would determine what quality player you were rewarded. That way you could go through the map multiple times and get different players.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The main thing this year will be the missions to conquer a territory or conquer a stronghold for a specific team at a certain point in time. For example I believe the Griffey and Archer programs have a mission where you have to conquer a Mariners territory and a Devil Rays territory respectively and to my knowledge your starting point will be the same as last year if I saw the map currently meaning you will be closest to the Rockies if I remember last years starting point correctly.

                              Outside of that I don't see too much deviation from last years Conquest.

                              I also wanted set difficulty maps but then that takes away from the # of fans dictating what difficulty levels are available for you to play a game on. I think doing it by innings would be better where once you beat the map on 3 innings you can reset the map and play 5 inning games and then 7 and finally 9 innings.

                              I think the Conquest missions are a nice touch though and will definitely change the way we play Conquest. And even after completing it you will want to play again if they put out a mission to conquer a territory or stronghold for a team that you already conquered.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X