I was right, The Griffey Program looks impossible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was right, The Griffey Program looks impossible

Just saw the Griffey program on Reddit (not sure if its ok to post the link) and it looks impossible for those of us who aren't great at this game or able to play a bunch online. Specifically getting 4 hits (including 1 hr) in a single ranked seasons game and getting 8hr in 8 or less BR games. Not to mention you have to collect all the Jr's in the game and all of Jr's equipment (which I bet will be pricey). Looks like I will just have the silver Jr for the year. I don't think I have hit 8 hr total in all of the BR games I have played. And getting 4 hits + a HR in a ranked game is going to be hard enough for mediocre players, but likely impossible due to quits (because it is highly likely if you have a few hit and a hr with the Kid you are winning and people quite when they are losing (or get mercy ruled). I am going to be a really peeved off customer if I have no legit way to get the Griffey even after a half season of play.

Its the highlight Card of the game.It cant be easy to get and as for me I appreciate the difficult task to get him.Not knocking your opinion but it should be tough.Just think positive about it enjoy the game for what it is and I bet that Card will be yours.

Comment

Originally posted by gameday7707 View Post
      Its the highlight Card of the game.It cant be easy to get and as for me I appreciate the difficult task to get him.Not knocking your opinion but it should be tough.Just think positive about it enjoy the game for what it is and I bet that Card will be yours.
      I'm ok with hard, but the BR and 4 hits w/hr are going to make it nearly impossible for some of us. They could have made it hard, while still be fair to their entire player base and not just those who excel at h2h play.

Comment

With all due respect they did base it on the entire player base.Anyone can get it.Its just going to take some work lol judging by what you saw.

Comment

Originally posted by gameday7707 View Post
          With all due respect they did base it on the entire player base.Anyone can get it.Its just going to take some work lol judging by what you saw.
          I'm guessing they didn't base it on the entire player base, especially the BR mission. My guess is that is where nearly everyone gets hung up (and it is crappy to force people to play BR).

Comment

"I am going to be a really peeved off customer if I have no legit way to get the Griffey even after a half season of play."
            They said in the DD Twitch video that they doubted ANYONE would be able to get it before the All-Star Break. Please listen & pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by SaveFarris View Post

They said in the DD Twitch video that they doubted ANYONE would be able to get it before the All-Star Break. Please listen & pay attention.
              Don't be obtuse. I know that it would be hard to get before the AS break. My point was that I would be unlikely to be able to get it (mostly because of BR) even then.

Comment

Also, the entire problem with h2h and BR missions (other than say generic ones like innings or hits over an unlimited time frame) is that you are way too reliant on the other person to complete your mission. Tons of both BR and h2h games end in quits and I can guarantee there are going to be tons of kids out there who are going to find it funny to quit the game after you get the 3rd hit with Griffey.

Comment

I can see many spiteful ppl walking Griffey every time. Maybe this part of the mission will force SDS to change it.

Comment

Very disappointed that they are forcing people to play BR or H2H to get Griffey. Oh well I think there are better cards anyway.
                    Texas Flood

Comment

I am sure there will still be some good Griffey cards to have, even if you cannot get the 99 overall rated diamond. But i never dreamed I would have the Carlos Beltran or Sea A Rod from last game and look what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by TEXAS10PT View Post
                        Very disappointed that they are forcing people to play BR or H2H to get Griffey. Oh well I think there are better cards anyway.
                        Yeah, I don't like that idea neither. The 4 hits with the HR may be easier than the BR HR's. I am an BR addict and it will be hard for me but not impossible.

Comment

You know what, never mind. I think it will be cool to not face him so ofter.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckCLC View Post
                            I am sure there will still be some good Griffey cards to have, even if you cannot get the 99 overall rated diamond. But i never dreamed I would have the Carlos Beltran or Sea A Rod from last game and look what happened.
                            Very true for sure. I have them both as well but never had to play online to get them. It will probably all work out some way or another.
                            Texas Flood

Comment

Originally posted by TEXAS10PT View Post

Very true for sure. I have them both as well but never had to play online to get them. It will probably all work out some way or another.
                              The archer program also requires h2h skilled play (you have to throw a cg shutout or 2 hitter with him).

I get making missions harder than last year, but the cards shouldn't only be available to the best players. We are all paying customers.

Comment

Working...
                              X