Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Market Strategy for begging of The Show 17?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market Strategy for begging of The Show 17?

What's your strategy for when you first get the game? Mine is to sell all the silver and up cards I pull out of pre order packs (if those cards are sellable) and not flip until like 5 days in when market stablilizes.

Don't be scared to flip right away. Can be super profitable and not as risky as you might think. I started off with the 11k preorder stubs last year and just mostly flipping 5-7 random silver players I made like 30k the first day. I remember flipping Sano over and over every 5-10 minutes for like a 400 stub profit each time.

And I only picked Sano because I wanted to complete the twins first, being that my team, but I just could never resist reselling him at that profit

Comment

Originally posted by tnutz003 View Post
      Don't be scared to flip right away. Can be super profitable and not as risky as you might think. I started off with the 11k preorder stubs last year and just mostly flipping 5-7 random silver players I made like 30k the first day. I remember flipping Sano over and over every 5-10 minutes for like a 400 stub profit each time.

And I only picked Sano because I wanted to complete the twins first, being that my team, but I just could never resist reselling him at that profit
      This. As long as it's a low-risk flip, I completely agree. Bronzes are going to be hot, too, because of the event starting April 4.

Comment

Can someone give me a brief overview of how to flip on the show. How do I determine my buy and sell prices.

Comment

Originally posted by GradektheBard View Post
          Can someone give me a brief overview of how to flip on the show. How do I determine my buy and sell prices.

Buy and Sell prices will be listed for each available card in the marketplace.

Let's use nice big round numbers in our example. So say we scope out the market and we see that Jose Bautista has a BuyNow of 1100 and a SellNow of 250.

Step 1: Put in a Buy Order for 300. (This will change Bautista's SellNow price to 300.)
          Step 2: Someone sells their Bautista card to you for 300.
          Step 3: Now you can put in a Sell order for Bautista for 1000 (Again, so your order will be first in the BuyNow line.)
          Step 4: Someone buys your Bautista card for 1000. The Show Marketplace takes it's cut (10%) and you get 900 stubs.

Congratulations, you just made 600 stubs! (1000 sell price -100 marketplace tax -300 original buy price)

Comment

Working...
          X