Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold and Diamond Mission starters (MVP/Deluxe)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold and Diamond Mission starters (MVP/Deluxe)

The various special editions contain one or both of a gold and diamond mission starter pack "that leads to a gold/diamond item". I've seen a few threads around with people asking if that means it's an item or player, and it seems to be a player, but I can't find anything about what a "mission starter item" is? Everybody is just acting like the gold has a gold player and the diamond has a diamond player but it must be called a mission starter item for a reason. Can you turn these items into players quickly, or is it the first step in some long mission where I'll have to play 900 conquest games before I get my diamond player?

Nobody knows yet. Its probably the first step in a longer mission like most of the other mission starter cards from '16.

Comment

Originally posted by basetommyball View Post
      Nobody knows yet. Its probably the first step in a longer mission like most of the other mission starter cards from '16.
      A lot of people are going to be mighty disappointed then, because I've Google'd the crap out of this and every thread is just people asking whether it's a player or whether it could be like a ritual item. Seems confirmed that it's a player, but nobody is questioning what a mission starter item is or how long that might take, they are just acting like it's a pack with a gold/diamond player. If it takes any real effort to turn these pre-order items into players then I don't see the value, especially in the $100 edition

Comment

Originally posted by Kooch66 View Post

A lot of people are going to be mighty disappointed then, because I've Google'd the crap out of this and every thread is just people asking whether it's a player or whether it could be like a ritual item. Seems confirmed that it's a player, but nobody is questioning what a mission starter item is or how long that might take, they are just acting like it's a pack with a gold/diamond player. If it takes any real effort to turn these pre-order items into players then I don't see the value, especially in the $100 edition
        Even the worst mission starters last year would sell for over 20k for first few months. And even though these I'm sure are unsellable none of them were extremely difficult to finish. A Yadier Molina mission starter was over 100k to get prime yadi and was something like 15 RBI. Not that extremely difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by tnutz003 View Post

Even the worst mission starters last year would sell for over 20k for first few months. And even though these I'm sure are unsellable none of them were extremely difficult to finish. A Yadier Molina mission starter was over 100k to get prime yadi and was something like 15 RBI. Not that extremely difficult.
          Well if you're right at least I understand what's happening. I still think it's stupid though. Like just give me the diamond why bother with 15 RBIs with a bronze guy it's nonsense. I shouldn't have to work to get stuff that I paid for. Obviously it's fine for missions in general to be hard, especially if you don't plan on spending real money on the mode, but if I'm paying $100 for the deluxe edition don't make me do some random mission on top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kooch66 View Post

Well if you're right at least I understand what's happening. I still think it's stupid though. Like just give me the diamond why bother with 15 RBIs with a bronze guy it's nonsense. I shouldn't have to work to get stuff that I paid for. Obviously it's fine for missions in general to be hard, especially if you don't plan on spending real money on the mode, but if I'm paying $100 for the deluxe edition don't make me do some random mission on top of it.
            Here is a basic breakdown of the dollar value of what your $100 purchase got you.

$60 - MLB The Show 17
            $10 - 11,000 Stubs
            $20 - 20 Standard Packs

That is $90 real world value right there alone with the game, the 11K stubs and the 20 standard packs.

The rest of the bonus content: the digital deluxe pack, the diamond starter, the gold starter and the sponsor pack should easily make up for the last $10 you are missing out on.

Sounds like $100 value when you add everything up.

Comment

Working...
            X