Pitch counts make ZERO sense!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitch counts make ZERO sense!

So my opponent brought in live series Tyler Clippard to face me. I worked him for 36 pitches over 2 innings and he didn't get tired. I bring in Chris Sale in the bottom half, and 3 pitches in out of the bullpen it says he's tired... What gives?!

Did you warm him up before you brought him in? If you dont they will be tired right away.

Comment

it has something to do with the pre-warming,
      I´ve once forgot to put some action in the Bullpen, my SP has his ENG and CFD lost, so I had to put a RP without warming,
      and before he starts pitching he got tired.

Comment

Also dont forget if you have a pitcher warming up. If you leave them throwing for more then an inning they will get tired when they come in, obviously. You have to set them to "ready and waiting" if they have been warming and you dont want to bring them in yet.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoman2531 View Post
          Did you warm him up before you brought him in? If you dont they will be tired right away.
          He warmed up for 2 outs. Said he was warm so I brought him in lol

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckCLC View Post
            Also dont forget if you have a pitcher warming up. If you leave them throwing for more then an inning they will get tired when they come in, obviously. You have to set them to "ready and waiting" if they have been warming and you dont want to bring them in yet.
            I started warming him up in the first and brought him in with 2 outs in the first. Said he was warm. I don't get it haha

Comment

Originally posted by QuashTag View Post

I started warming him up in the first and brought him in with 2 outs in the first. Said he was warm. I don't get it haha
              All I can think of is, was he tired from last game? The relievers staminas are drained some if you pitched them in the last game you played.

Comment

All I can think of is, was he tired from last game? The relievers staminas are drained some if you pitched them in the last game you played.
                It was my first Battle Royale game after the draft... lol That's why I was like wuuuutttttt

Comment

Good to know. I honestly didn't know what use the 'ready and waiting' was. Thanks.

Comment

2 outs is not enough to get them fully warmed up.

Comment

It was my first Battle Royale game after the draft... lol That's why I was like wuuuutttttt

In BR all pitchers loses energy quick. Clippard should have gotten tired in those 36 pitches . You just might of missed it notifying ya

Comment

Originally posted by JAM0NEAND0 View Post
                        2 outs is not enough to get them fully warmed up.
                        Fully warm? The bar was full and it said he was warm in red letters. I've been playing this for years, I know when the pitcher is warm lol

Comment

Fully warm? The bar was full and it said he was warm in red letters. I've been playing this for years, I know when the pitcher is warm lol
                          Sorry but you don't. Its that simple. A pitcher will not be fully warmed in 2 outs especially after 2 quick outs. The reds letters is just to let you know that he is ok to pitch (without been so wild like when they are cold). In a h2h you may get an inning but in br he will came in tired or be tired after a few pitches. I bring them in all the time like that in br only to face 1 batter or 2 quick ones.

Comment

Originally posted by JAM0NEAND0 View Post

Sorry but you don't. Its that simple. A pitcher will not be fully warmed in 2 outs especially after 2 quick outs. The reds letters is just to let you know that he is ok to pitch (without been so wild like when they are cold). In a h2h you may get an inning but in br he will came in tired or be tired after a few pitches. I bring them in all the time like that in br only to face 1 batter or 2 quick ones.
                            Sorry, but I don't think you saw my screen when I took him out of the bullpen lol Again, I know what I saw. I'm not an idiot. Thanks for being a patronizing swine.

Comment

I remember hearing Ramone talking about that. He said if you warm up your relievers at least halfway then they will become fully warm when brought in to pitch. That's what I do and I seem to get a lot of pitches out of them that way before they get tired.

Comment

Working...
                              X