Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something is not right here in Battle Royale Land...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something is not right here in Battle Royale Land...

So long story short, I have Kershaw, MadBum and Posey left to finish the NL/Entire League. Probably the only reason I'm playing til '17 comes out just in case they offer some kind of reward in '17 for having completed the entire collection. Been playing the market and selling EVERYTHING I can possibly sell since I have multiple diamonds and golds at each position so no real need to keep anyone since there is no carry over to '17.

Also blew some stubs on a couple 10 pack and 20 pack bundles, though in hindsight I'd already have Posey or Madbum at this point if I didn't waste the stubs.

Been trying to do some last minute battle royale and be patient and really try and get some solid wins to get either the cards I need or a reward I can sell to get those last three players. Matchups have been really bad lately, Got matched up last night with a guy who I clearly was not in the same division as, let alone league, he had over 1400 wins and just raked me, despite losing 4-1 I sent him a good game and he even commented that despite me being good for my level he had no business playing me and considered conceding the game til he saw I could hit fairly well..
    I know there have been plenty of posts on here about certain aspects of this game especially in close DD games and battle royale where it SEEMS like the CPU is helping the other team. And I'll refrain from another bunt/cheese rant, even though that has been a huge issue as well. Even if there is some kind of algorithm in place, this still is driving me utterly insane that gold glove caliber in fielders wiffed on 3 routine ground balls in the bottom of the 3rd when I was handily beating some guy who was bunt cheesing all game, but to not only let my opponent come back, but give my opponent the win when LS Yasmani Grandal then hit a home run off of a fresh Diamond Wade Davis on a knuckle curve in the dirt?! What the hell. Isn't the hitting supposed to be amped up in difficulty across the board in BR?

Does anyone have any tips or thoughts other than just bunt cheesing like all the other assholes in BR? I draft mainly guys with good vision and contact to at least one side and a solid bullpen as well as my bench being able to play multiple positions in case of a double switch. Due to the issues above I've never made it passed five wins and other than dropping real world money I figure this is my last chance to finish off the league.

Any feedback appreciated. Can't wait to download '17 and start it all over again knowing what I know now.

Side bar-Anyone else getting a random game every now and then, in BR especially, where as soon as the game starts they quit or concede? What's up with that?

Did you say short?

Comment

Originally posted by JAM0NEAND0 View Post
      Did you say short?
      Lol
      Last edited by nremdn; 02-08-2017, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	kelso-burn (1).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	171070
        Forum burn!
        Haha, sorry, I meant long story short the only reason I'm still playing is to get those three cards. My bad for misleading with my opening remark. I tend to get long winded once I get going on a topic.
        I'm mentally exhausted and emotionally distraught after last nights Battle Royale BS so bear with me boys. Cheeze bunting gives me serious PTDS.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Dealer-95-; 02-08-2017, 09:53 AM.

Comment

You're going to face all levels of players in Battle Royale. From awful to amazing. That's literally how the mode is designed. You're certainly not going to see terrible players go 20-0 very often.

Comment

pretty sure Wade Davis was not fresh and all pitchers automatically come in with at least 50% stamina

Comment

Yeah Hustlin and Atomic I see your points, but Yasmani's live series has like 40 something vision and contact right, granted 80+ power right. But this was a knuckle curve around his ankles so he couldn't cheese out a win. And I can tell you from pitching to this guy for a few innings, aside from his bunting BS, when he actually would take a swing, he couldn't hit for **** and I believe was using directional rather than zone anyways, no way he should've even made contact with this thing.
              Then again I may somehow be wrong that Davis was what I considered "fresh". Just annoying as hell when this flukey type stuff happens in a game that usually is realistic and balanced in most regards. I'll accept with fewer people playing these days I'll get matched more randomly and get beat down occasionally, but some of these errors by fielding God's and guys going yard on dirt dobbers in key situations is just idiotic. Even if it's some kind of luck roll like in RPG type games, good God get rid of it. I wish I recorded my gameplay sometimes. But I know I'm not the only one this has happened to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dealer-95- View Post
                Yeah Hustlin and Atomic I see your points, but Yasmani's live series has like 40 something vision and contact right, granted 80+ power right. But this was a knuckle curve around his ankles so he couldn't cheese out a win. And I can tell you from pitching to this guy for a few innings, aside from his bunting BS, when he actually would take a swing, he couldn't hit for **** and I believe was using directional rather than zone anyways, no way he should've even made contact with this thing.
                Then again I may somehow be wrong that Davis was what I considered "fresh". Just annoying as hell when this flukey type stuff happens in a game that usually is realistic and balanced in most regards. I'll accept with fewer people playing these days I'll get matched more randomly and get beat down occasionally, but some of these errors by fielding God's and guys going yard on dirt dobbers in key situations is just idiotic. Even if it's some kind of luck roll like in RPG type games, good God get rid of it. I wish I recorded my gameplay sometimes. But I know I'm not the only one this has happened to.
                Happens to me all the time. I also dont agree with this algorithm. I understand players arent 100% perfect but its to the point where if im up in a game and my opponent has people on base im almost always expecting an error that will eiher tie the game or give my opponent the lead. Again i know players arent perfect and make errors but you know its bs when they make 3 consecutive errors.

Comment

to my knowledge your bullpen can come in with 100% stamina its the starters that don't start with 100% stamina... now if you use the same reliever over and over they won't have 100% stamina

Comment

Side bar-Anyone else getting a random game every now and then, in BR especially, where as soon as the game starts they quit or concede? What's up with that?
                    Players do that when either (1) they hate their team and wanna redraft, or (2) they're trying to go 12 wins and lost an early matchup.

Comment

So long story short, I have Kershaw, MadBum and Posey left to finish the NL/Entire League. Probably the only reason I'm playing til '17 comes out just in case they offer some kind of reward in '17 for having completed the entire collection. Been playing the market and selling EVERYTHING I can possibly sell since I have multiple diamonds and golds at each position so no real need to keep anyone since there is no carry over to '17.

Also blew some stubs on a couple 10 pack and 20 pack bundles, though in hindsight I'd already have Posey or Madbum at this point if I didn't waste the stubs.

Been trying to do some last minute battle royale and be patient and really try and get some solid wins to get either the cards I need or a reward I can sell to get those last three players. Matchups have been really bad lately, Got matched up last night with a guy who I clearly was not in the same division as, let alone league, he had over 1400 wins and just raked me, despite losing 4-1 I sent him a good game and he even commented that despite me being good for my level he had no business playing me and considered conceding the game til he saw I could hit fairly well..
                      I know there have been plenty of posts on here about certain aspects of this game especially in close DD games and battle royale where it SEEMS like the CPU is helping the other team. And I'll refrain from another bunt/cheese rant, even though that has been a huge issue as well. Even if there is some kind of algorithm in place, this still is driving me utterly insane that gold glove caliber in fielders wiffed on 3 routine ground balls in the bottom of the 3rd when I was handily beating some guy who was bunt cheesing all game, but to not only let my opponent come back, but give my opponent the win when LS Yasmani Grandal then hit a home run off of a fresh Diamond Wade Davis on a knuckle curve in the dirt?! What the hell. Isn't the hitting supposed to be amped up in difficulty across the board in BR?

Does anyone have any tips or thoughts other than just bunt cheesing like all the other assholes in BR? I draft mainly guys with good vision and contact to at least one side and a solid bullpen as well as my bench being able to play multiple positions in case of a double switch. Due to the issues above I've never made it passed five wins and other than dropping real world money I figure this is my last chance to finish off the league.

Any feedback appreciated. Can't wait to download '17 and start it all over again knowing what I know now.

so how does Kershaw, MadBum, and Posey relate to this "Short Story"

Comment

Haha, yeah I know, long winded and not a "short" story. Named them because at the time they were the only players I needed to finish the league. Til someone on here enlightened to me the fact you can sell locked cards; the only way I saw a shot at getting those three was doing battle royale. Hence the post ranting about random errors and what not.

Comment

Working...
                        X