Why I hate BR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I hate BR

So I am 3-1, 6 game is Jake Arrietta. I lose the next game. The same thing happened with Rookie Ryan Howard on the line. This time, my first loss came on a walk off sac fly. My center fielder makes a perfect throw. It was on target, on time. Slighty to the left, but my catcher could do a swipe tag. But he is stupid enough to stand there and watch the winning run score. The next loss was a good game and a respecitable loss. On the bright side, the free pack gave me Delin Betances
    My point is has anyone had an issue like this and should MLB continue BR if this stuff happens?

Gameplay (especially online) is imperfect, that's for sure. I don't think they should get rid of Battle Royale because of that though. If it's imperfect for you then it's also imperfect for everyone so it all evens out. I know how frustrating it is to have a lot of wins in Battle Royale and then lose though. There is just higher emotional stakes in this mode. If you win, it's really cool and you could get a great card. If you lose, it sucks and sucks hard.

Comment

balances out, funny people only post when they are on the losing end and never when they benefit from mishaps

Comment

If you lose, it sucks and sucks hard, quote of the season haha.
        I've benefited from the dumb errors as well as it costing me a close game or 20. I almost always apologize at least (not good enough I know). Accidentally won last week on a double steal that was supposed to be a straight up steal of second but instead both corner runners broke and the guy threw to second instead of leaving the ball with is catcher, tried to message the guy and say I'd give him the run back next inning, he just proceeded to drill every batter until the game went into forfeit.

It just irks me very badly when errors are done utilizing bunt cheese like my post last week. Bunt prevent defense, and WHOOPS, Jose Altuve-one of the best infielders alive whiffs on three "screaming" bunts into the outfield, one of which was from Papi, one from Adrian Gonzalez.
        Makes you wanna pull your hair out. We all know the risk, but I just wish once I could've at least made it past the silver player instead of losing in such a seemingly cheap manner every iteration. Maybe you're right and my nerves aren't cut out for it.

Comment

BR is much worse than DD H2H imo. A lot more fluke plays happen in BR. I lost a game last night because my LF ran right by the ball without putting his government up for the catch. Also, it seems like I'm on the short end of the stick for the crap animations far more often than my opponents in BR. Oh well. Hopefully with the new animations system these things get cleaned up for MLB 17.

Comment

Originally posted by EJ_NFL_24 View Post
            BR is much worse than DD H2H imo. A lot more fluke plays happen in BR. I lost a game last night because my LF ran right by the ball without putting his government up for the catch. Also, it seems like I'm on the short end of the stick for the crap animations far more often than my opponents in BR. Oh well. Hopefully with the new animations system these things get cleaned up for MLB 17.
            Maybe because of the caliber of players with lower attributes in BR is why we see more errors. Idk what determines who gets what in this game but im experiencing the opposite of you. I feel like in h2h i get shafted with animations more often than my opponents. Like you said, hopefully they fix all the nonsense animations in 17

Comment

Working...
            X