Just....how?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just....how?

So ive been playing battle royale and more often than not i get matched up with players that are over the 2000 rating. The opponent window shows that it looks for opponents with ratings of low 1400's to high 1800's. How is this possible? Dont get me wrong i like the challenge but i just cant match up against these guys. I dont know how they pretty much hit everything and they hit everything hard!

Originally posted by MannyJay24 View Post
    So ive been playing battle royale and more often than not i get matched up with players that are over the 2000 rating. The opponent window shows that it looks for opponents with ratings of low 1400's to high 1800's. How is this possible? Dont get me wrong i like the challenge but i just cant match up against these guys. I dont know how they pretty much hit everything and they hit everything hard!
    BR rating depends on how far you are in a BR run. H2H rating is another thing. Therefore you can find a 2000+ player in your first game as well as on your 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by JAM0NEAND0 View Post

BR rating depends on how far you are in a BR run. H2H rating is another thing. Therefore you can find a 2000+ player in your first game as well as on your 12th.
      Yeah but before the game starts you can see where the rating range of your opponent and sometimes it says opponent found on a range of 1400-1800 and then you go on to play with someone in the 2000's

Comment

Originally posted by JAM0NEAND0 View Post

What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by basetommyball View Post
          What he said.
          Yes i understand. But before the game begins it shows you a range of opponents that its looking for. He range may be 1500-1600 or as big as 0-2000+ it just depends how big you let that window get while its searching for your opponent. But sometimes it says it found an opponent within a certain range but then when i go play i find an opponent was rated over 2000.

Comment

Again, those number are for br rating only. The more wins you have the higher the numbers will be. H2H rating is deferent. I am 7-0 right now and last match was agaist a 1350 H2H opponent that I found as soon as I started looking for a game and my H2H rating is 1990 (on my main account)

Comment

Yes i understand. But before the game begins it shows you a range of opponents that its looking for. He range may be 1500-1600 or as big as 0-2000+ it just depends how big you let that window get while its searching for your opponent. But sometimes it says it found an opponent within a certain range but then when i go play i find an opponent was rated over 2000.
              Your current BR run generates a rating, similar to the DD rating you get for playing h2h games. DD ratings of 2000 or whatever, are irrelevant in BR. Everyone has the same rating starting off with the first game in your BR run. With every win your rating increases like your DD rating so you play people who are doing similar in their BR runs. If I have 12 wins and no losses, I'll be in the 1900-2000 range for BR. If I'm in my first game I'll be searching for people who are in the 1300 to 1500 range. DD ratings have absolutely no correlation between the ratings that are generated in BR and when you search for opponents in BR, you're searching their BR rating, not their DD rating. I don't know if I can be any more clear.

Comment

Originally posted by ajmight View Post

Your current BR run generates a rating, similar to the DD rating you get for playing h2h games. DD ratings of 2000 or whatever, are irrelevant in BR. Everyone has the same rating starting off with the first game in your BR run. With every win your rating increases like your DD rating so you play people who are doing similar in their BR runs. If I have 12 wins and no losses, I'll be in the 1900-2000 range for BR. If I'm in my first game I'll be searching for people who are in the 1300 to 1500 range. DD ratings have absolutely no correlation between the ratings that are generated in BR and when you search for opponents in BR, you're searching their BR rating, not their DD rating. I don't know if I can be any more clear.
                I completely understand what you are saying. Ill give you an example of what im referring to. And this is referring stricklty to BR. Say im on my 1st or 2nd win. The game will start looking for an opponent withing a 1300-1500 range. Next the game says it has found an opponent for me withing that range (1300-1500) and when im done playing the game it says that my opponent had a rating way higher than what it said my opponent was before the game started.

So what would be the point of the ranges while the BR is looking for an opponent?

Comment

I completely understand what you are saying. Ill give you an example of what im referring to. And this is referring stricklty to BR. Say im on my 1st or 2nd win. The game will start looking for an opponent withing a 1300-1500 range. Next the game says it has found an opponent for me withing that range (1300-1500) and when im done playing the game it says that my opponent had a rating way higher than what it said my opponent was before the game started.

So what would be the point of the ranges while the BR is looking for an opponent?
                  Nope, you don't understand what he is saying at all. DD rating is unrelated to BR rating. I honestly don't know how someone could explain it any clearer than he did. Just trust that you can play people of any skill level at any time in BR because that is the way it is set up.

Comment

Originally posted by TheeAtomicPunk View Post
                    Nope, you don't understand what he is saying at all. DD rating is unrelated to BR rating. I honestly don't know how someone could explain it any clearer than he did. Just trust that you can play people of any skill level at any time in BR because that is the way it is set up.
                    Alright so why do they show my opponents rating at the end of every match? And how do they determine what ratings each player has in BR? And how can i find my current BR rating? I understand that it increases the further you go into your BR run.

And whats the point of the screen that shows the rating window while searching for a BR oppent if it has absolutely nothing to do with BR?

Comment

Alright so why do they show my opponents rating at the end of every match? And how do they determine what ratings each player has in BR? And how can i find my current BR rating? I understand that it increases the further you go into your BR run.

And whats the point of the screen that shows the rating window while searching for a BR oppent if it has absolutely nothing to do with BR?
                      If you look after a match then it must be their DD rating. That has nothing to do with their BR rating at the time. Everyone's BR rating fluctuates depending on how many wins they have with that one team. So, you could face someone who is excellent even your very first game if it's also his very first game. If you match up with someone 2000 that just means they have won a decent amount of games in BR with that one team they have drafted.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HustlinOwl View Post
                          Lol........

Comment

Originally posted by TheeAtomicPunk View Post
                            If you look after a match then it must be their DD rating. That has nothing to do with their BR rating at the time. Everyone's BR rating fluctuates depending on how many wins they have with that one team. So, you could face someone who is excellent even your very first game if it's also his very first game. If you match up with someone 2000 that just means they have won a decent amount of games in BR with that one team they have drafted.
                            All that said where do i see my current BR? If i cant see my BR rating whats the point of looking for opponents by ratings?

Comment

All that said where do i see my current BR? If i cant see my BR rating whats the point of looking for opponents by ratings?
                              I don't know of anywhere that you can see your current BR rating. But, when you start matching to find someone it will show your range. There is no point in searching for people looking for BR ratings because I don't think BR ratings are searchable.

Comment

Working...
                              X