Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else seen this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone else seen this?

    When drafting I know sometimes it'll give you a "one up" on a cards level, so if you're drafting silver a gold card might be available. Or if you're in gold a diamond card may pop up, etc etc.
    Played a guy the other day who I really had no business playing but after about a 5 minute wait time got matched up with anyways, guy was ranked in the top 300 overall. But what really bothered me was his lineup. Stacked, would be a huge understatement. I know some of these may have been lower rated flashbacks, but still, this was a bit much. Mauer, Tulo, Pence, Arenado, Carpenter, Edmonds, Teixeira, Rosario. I wasn't able to see his bench other than Fluid, but when I checked his bullpen his lowest guy was I wanna say 78. For all I know the rest of his bench and rotation could've been garbage and he just lucked out on his draft but I was just wondering if there's a hack or glitch or something people are doing to get these stacked lineups in BR. The last time I saw something like this I kinda shrugged it off because I beat the guy but this time it really caught my attention especially after checking his pen to see who he was getting warmed up.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Dealer-95- View Post
    When drafting I know sometimes it'll give you a "one up" on a cards level, so if you're drafting silver a gold card might be available. Or if you're in gold a diamond card may pop up, etc etc.
    Played a guy the other day who I really had no business playing but after about a 5 minute wait time got matched up with anyways, guy was ranked in the top 300 overall. But what really bothered me was his lineup. Stacked, would be a huge understatement. I know some of these may have been lower rated flashbacks, but still, this was a bit much. Mauer, Tulo, Pence, Arenado, Carpenter, Edmonds, Teixeira, Rosario. I wasn't able to see his bench other than Fluid, but when I checked his bullpen his lowest guy was I wanna say 78. For all I know the rest of his bench and rotation could've been garbage and he just lucked out on his draft but I was just wondering if there's a hack or glitch or something people are doing to get these stacked lineups in BR. The last time I saw something like this I kinda shrugged it off because I beat the guy but this time it really caught my attention especially after checking his pen to see who he was getting warmed up.

    nah he just sacrificed in other areas namely the starting rotation... could've very well had 4 bronzes and a common or 5 commons in his starting rotation which leaves the other 20 spots for hitters/bullpen which are positions that you have more control over whether or not they play... just looking at his lineup to max it out I'm thinking Mauer and Arenado were the diamonds with Rookie/Live Tulo and Rookie Teix

    Comment


    • #3
      Tex was prime for sure, I try to pay attention to the matchup things they flash when a batter comes up, but majority of the time someone or myself hits "X" and skips it, but he and Arenado were for sure the diamond version. I dunno, like I said, the guy had me popping out non stop with Shelby Miller, and the guy was raking my dirtballs out of the park or into the gaps. I could tell from the first pitch the guy was wayyyyyyyyyy better than me, just found it curious someone that much higher of a rank had that stacked of a lineup.

      Comment


      • #4
        He just had a good draft. You can do it as well if you know how.

        Comment


        • #5
          Four of those could have been Silver picks. Rosario? I'm not sure if he is even a Silver normally. I think he is a bronze.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dealer-95- View Post
            Played a guy the other day who I really had no business playing but after about a 5 minute wait time got matched up with anyways, guy was ranked in the top 300 overall.
            Curious as to how you came to this conclusion?
            Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC




            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DethBaphomet View Post

              Curious as to how you came to this conclusion?
              If you mean his rating,
              Someone on a different post explained how to look people up to see their rating and record. I may have done it wrong but following the steps someone posted on a different thread it showed him rated at like 200 something in the WS Division.
              Sounds like he just got a very good draft and outplayed me, didn't cheese or anything like that, I was just curious if there was some exploit as someone had mentioned earlier in the year.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TheeAtomicPunk View Post
                Four of those could have been Silver picks. Rosario? I'm not sure if he is even a Silver normally. I think he is a bronze.

                If my mind serves me right, as far as Rosario goes I think he is a bronze but has good vision and contact and decent fielding. Those are the guys I usually look for when drafting, maybe next round I'll just go with the best available and try that. I'm pretty much done until the 28th anyways, just occasionally doing BR and opening 10 packers as I get enough stubs.

                Comment


                • #9
                  You need to understand that the way BR is set up now, it is sharks and minnows (and you are the minnow).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GradektheBard View Post
                    You need to understand that the way BR is set up now, it is sharks and minnows (and you are the minnow).

                    Haha, I gotta stop reading the forums at work. Boss just gave me the stink eye for laughing out loud. Yeah, it's felt that way all year like I'm not necessarily a minnow, but more like a bluegill. So little room for error it'll make you wild if you lose to cheese, and then other games it's so competitive a single run win feels like you just won the flippin' WS, then other games a guy blasts you for 3-6 runs and you're just like, ****-there goes any chance of getting passed silver. Had a good run last week that netted me a silver reward with what I felt was a pretty crappy draft, then yesterday I lost my second and third games with a pretty decent lineup and rotation. If bunting is fixed, BR will be awesome this year. But like I've said, if some guy can scream a bunt with Pablo Sandoval's fat ass then I likely won't touch it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      With the 3 inning setup, chance plays a big role in a lot of br games. I've won and lost many br games because of a big inning that started on an error, lucky late jammed hit or some other form of bs. Ive crushed the ball for 3 innings and lost to a guy with 1 hit, and I've won games where I did not hit nearly as well as my opponent. I've beaten quality players and lost to complete scrubs, but I keep coming back for more haha. It can be super frustrating at times though.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I can live with getting outplayed, hell I can even live with chancy hits and the occasional error or pitcher melt down. When you have to draft strategically it leaves a lot of room for error especially when you have a 75 overall pitcher against Robinson Cano or Beltran. Mistakes are real, especially in baseball, It happens in real life and would be understandable if there was a momentum factor in play like a lot of college football and basketball games had. In real life a Mike Trout like guy can square up on a pitch and pop out, or a fielder can misread and ole' a routine ground ball, or a pitcher can lose focus after getting rocked, etc... I can truthfully and honestly live with all of that. Bunting however, is the only thing that always makes me go full on ape sh@t.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X