Batters great vs. RHP, awful vs LHP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batters great vs. RHP, awful vs LHP

Usually at least 1 of the gold rounds will have a player with amazing hitting stats against rightys, but so bad against leftys, you need to platoon them.

I used to stay clear from these guys because I felt that my diamond/gold round picks should be players used in every game no matter the pitcher. However, I ended up choosing a strong gold reliever most of the time (Wagner, Smyly, Benoit, Rodney). I like having 2 silver or better rightys and one lefty usually, but I'd still get top silver options later and have too many good relievers.

So I finally took Sizemore one draft and only played games when facing RHP. I'd back out when I saw LHP. I hated players who did that, until I got 12 wins, with Sizemore hitting 9 HR in 14 AB. I also would have him bat lead off, so no matter what he's face a righty at least once.

I've been doing that ever since and it's worked extremely well for me. I have FB Eithier this draft, in 4 AB leadoff, 4 HR. Considering most starters are bronze..it's a great matchup that can't be avoided. It also seems like most of the Gold Flashbacks have incredible stats vs either leftys or rightys, and crap for the other. Nothing in the middle.

Anybody else have success with this strategy? Like I said, I initially hated players who backed out while adjusting lineups...but if its going to give me a better chance for a rare flashback that I can't buy with mommy's saved credit card info like half of players...I'm gonna do it
    Last edited by SHARKLIFE925; 07-09-2016, 03:48 AM.

I consider backing out to be quite dishonest and not sporting, it falls in the same category as bunt cheese. You should not be able to back out with no consequence because the pitcher you are facing is a LHP or RHP.

Comment

Originally posted by SHARKLIFE925 View Post
      Anybody else have success with this strategy? Like I said, I initially hated players who backed out while adjusting lineups...but if its going to give me a better chance for a rare flashback that I can't buy with mommy's saved credit card info like half of players...I'm gonna do it
      Really a horrible attitude, you realize you are cheating someone else out of a chance at rares by abusing the system.

Are you on PS3 or PS4 cause I want to know if I need to add you to my blocked persons lists

Comment

What are you talking about? Cheating someone out of a chance for rares? Because I'm winning with my strategy? I cause no harm to the opponent when you back out when setting lineup...you just have to wait for a new opponent again. No need to cry about it
        Originally posted by magic13_13 View Post

Really a horrible attitude, you realize you are cheating someone else out of a chance at rares by abusing the system.

Are you on PS3 or PS4 cause I want to know if I need to add you to my blocked persons lists

Comment

Originally posted by magic13_13 View Post
          I consider backing out to be quite dishonest and not sporting, it falls in the same category as bunt cheese. You should not be able to back out with no consequence because the pitcher you are facing is a LHP or RHP.
          I only back out when setting the lineups. Nobody is given a win or loss. The opponent just has to search for a new opponent again

Comment

Furthest I've gotten at this point is 12 wins too. And considering the amount of losses I've gotten due to my opponent disconnecting me from psn, I don't see why it's wrong for me to pass up on a game against a lefty starter. Either way...your most likely going to face a lefty at some point during the game anyways. It's just for the first batter guarantee against a probable bronze or common

Comment

Originally posted by SHARKLIFE925 View Post
              Furthest I've gotten at this point is 12 wins too. And considering the amount of losses I've gotten due to my opponent disconnecting me from psn, I don't see why it's wrong for me to pass up on a game against a lefty starter. Either way...your most likely going to face a lefty at some point during the game anyways. It's just for the first batter guarantee against a probable bronze or common
              Opponents Ddos'ing you are cheaters and should be reported, I wrote a post about how to report them. That does not make it right for you to fix games against other normal players who have never cheated anyone. And while there are no consequences for those you back out against there are consequences for those that you eventually get paired up against (Usually it is the same person who is going right back into the queue). And you are not passing up on games against a lefty starter you are actively backing out of games until you get matched up with a lefty.

It is certainly not cheating to back out, it is however cheesing and taking advantage of a loophole in the system, such as bunting just because one knows the defense on bunts is broken.

I don't think the developers intended for people to stack their lineups against one handedness of pitching and continually back out of games until they get the proper match.

I personally do not employ the strategy nor do I cheese bunt. I play the game the way baseball is supposed to be played and do not find loopholes because of the game code. Sure I might lose more games than if I chose to cheese, but at least I play the right way.

I guess to each his own but try to think more about what you are doing to the other people by employing this strategy as opposed to coming up with justifications for why it is ok for you to cheese and abuse the system (by abuse the system I mean take advantage of a situation that was probably not intended to be used in that way)

Comment

Its not like hes cheating though, and not even in the same category as bunt cheesing lmao. Its really not a big deal. even if you dont like the idea of it. if i draft a team that cant hit lefties i l sure wouldnt wanna play one. It happens in normal DD all the time to me, oh welL. More power to the person who sits there waiting for a righty
                Last edited by Dtusick; 07-14-2016, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtusick View Post
                  Its not like hes cheating though, and not even in the same category as bunt cheesing lmao. Its really not a big deal. even if you dont like the idea of it. if i draft a team that cant hit lefties i l sure wouldnt wanna play one. It happens in normal DD all the time to me, oh welL. More power to the person who sits there waiting for a righty

I never sad cheating. In my opinion it is cheesing in your opinion it is not, fair enough. Just cause it happens all the time does not make it more or less acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtusick View Post
                    People like you made them ruin mlb 17 as now we won't be able to see handedNess. An awful fix for the problem. And it is just as bad as bunt cheering I agree.

Comment

Working...
                    X