Exponential Increase In Difficulty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exponential Increase In Difficulty

am I missing something? because conquest takeovers are toooootally increased exponentially during a game based off of the CPU's need to win. and I think it's some serious shade.

you can K 8 in a row on all-star difficulty, be up by two runs. down to your last out to finish off a nice little 3 inning escapade against the worst team in baseball. then, you'll throw a perfect pitch with some 97 overall diamond pitcher to a hitter's ice cold zone...and they'll tap a duck fart perfectly down the left field line for a double. no big deal right? still just one more out. then, "NOW STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE... 13 OVERALL RATED MINOR LEAGUE NOBODY, BILLYBOB MCFAILURE." you'll throw another perfect pitch to his entirely blue strike zone, and WHAM game tying 2 run homer.

then pick your poison as to how they inevitably walkoff in some stupidly unbelievable fashion.

is it, like, a well known fact that conquest takeover games are essentially rigged in the background and I'm just way out of the loop? the difficulty is totally increasing exponentially from the very get go. whether it says it is or not. it's taken me forever to feel like it's solid enough of a case to where I could post here feeling confident enough in blatantly obvious, insanely repetitive instances. so I'm not just posting "HEY THIS IS HARD MAKE IT EASIER FOR ME PLZ". because at this point, it's laughably obvious.

add on the fact that it technically effects one of SDS's NUMEROUS little stub money making ploys because if you do well in conquest, you get good cards. meaning you won't need as many stubs...it just seals the deal for me.

anyone have any thoughts, knowledge or experiences?

This post is well worth the read. Good stuff.

As for your question, I've had that happen once or twice, but that's it. I finished conquest on a 20-game winning streak while making sure I had a massive advantage and played most of the games on rookie.

Comment

This has become increasingly infuriating. I'm in the same boat. It's totally rigged, to the point it appears agregious. I'm so pissed at times with these obvious Ai moments.

Comment

Just had a 10 inning game against the brewers where Betances plunked Villar on a nearly perfect cutter...he steals second, because Saltalamachia can't seem to get his hand out of his jock strap, and Braun dunks a baseline hit into right field.

I'm not sure how much patience I have for this mode

Comment

Do you guys remember when we played video games that got harder as you got close to winning? Like they had final bosses and stuff? Remember how fun that was? I once sat for an hour while my older brother showed me a VHS recording of him actually defeating Mike Tyson in a full 3 round bout to conquer Mike Tyson's Punchout in 1991. Just saying. Bring your A game if you're going to take out someone's final boss.
          Last edited by Tecmo_Bowl_Joe; 09-01-2016, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tecmo_Bowl_Joe View Post
            Do you guys remember when we played video games that got harder as you got close to winning? Like they had final bosses and stuff? Remember how fun that was? I once sat for an hour while my older brother showed me a VHS recording of him actually defeating Mike Tyson in a full 3 round bout to conquer Mike Tyson's Punchout in 1991. Just saying. Bring your A game if you're going to take out someone's final boss.
            It's hard though. I can beat the cpu on legend I'd say every other game most times and when I win, it's a high scoring game, even through 3 innings. I was playing the Orioles, and it took me like 5-6 games to win on the second highest level. Eventually I won, after like a 12 inning game. No doubt in my mind do they enhance the difficulty as you conquer more and more strongholds. Its more frustrating than fun since you're so close haha

Comment

I can't say that I noticed what you're talking about when I played. What I do hate though is pitching against the computer. It feels like I have as good of a chance to get an out on a fastball right down the middle as a painted change up low and away. I think they could definitely re work some of the algorithms on why/how the computer hits certain pitches.

Madden got retired professional linemen to design their blocking schemes. SDS needs to go get a couple retired pitchers and catchers to rework how they decide when the computer gets a hit. If I'm mixing speeds and pitches on corners the whole game the computer should not hang 8 runs on me. I'd be completely okay with the computer having a 95% chance of smashing a pitch down the middle if they had a 5% chance of smashing a pitch on the corner.

Comment

I played all my games on rookie until the last stronghold because it was me vs the Rockies for the last 5 (give or take) strongholds and got to their actual stronghold and the other one they controlled and just left it on veteran instead of adding more fans for myself to get it to rookie... I didn't see any increase in difficulty... hoping that next year they add more to conquest i.e. after completing 3 inning conquest, the board resets to 5 inning followed by 7 inning and finally 9 inning... either that or a team challenge type mode similar to how Madden has solos where you play through a teams actual NFL schedule... would love to have a mode where you have to defeat an MLB team on rookie, veteran, all-star, hall of fame and legend and then you earn some type of stub/card reward after beating team, division, league, entire mlb based off the difficulty that you beat it on

Comment

I have had many an experience in conquest that have mirrored cirque de sole' instead of baseball... Fortunately my map is finally a wrap but it was a circus on steroids as u get to HOF and Vet

Comment

I did conquest in pieces. I'd conquor a few territories and then start over. If you do this, you can get the rewards without having to conquor the whole map in one setting. (Unless they have changed things since I got the rewards).

Comment

My strategy was to gain a sizable chunk of territory (Cubs down to Royals and west to Mariners; that was all mine). Then I just built up an 'attack' portion and took straight paths to whatever territory I wanted to conquer. You could build your strength up to 99. I just simulated the parts that weren't strongholds. I'd lose a little on the way, but I would still usually be strong enough that I would get to play on rookie. Win the stronghold and then move on. I could conquer 2-4 strongholds before I'd have to stop and rebuild my attack team.
                      I went from Twins stronghold over to Toronto and then Boston. Stopped, rebuilt and went straight down the east coast to Tampa. Then I attacked from the West Coast, from Seattle and crisscrossed to Atlanta; taking the path of least resistance. Sometimes the stronghold I conquered would be challenged, but I would just let it sim and I'd lose it. But it doesn't matter because I already unlocked the team.
                      I did this strategy and finished with a 20-game winning streak.

Comment

Originally posted by theDocDuerr92 View Post
                        am I missing something? because conquest takeovers are toooootally increased exponentially during a game based off of the CPU's need to win. and I think it's some serious shade.

you can K 8 in a row on all-star difficulty, be up by two runs. down to your last out to finish off a nice little 3 inning escapade against the worst team in baseball. then, you'll throw a perfect pitch with some 97 overall diamond pitcher to a hitter's ice cold zone...and they'll tap a duck fart perfectly down the left field line for a double. no big deal right? still just one more out. then, "NOW STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE... 13 OVERALL RATED MINOR LEAGUE NOBODY, BILLYBOB MCFAILURE." you'll throw another perfect pitch to his entirely blue strike zone, and WHAM game tying 2 run homer.

then pick your poison as to how they inevitably walkoff in some stupidly unbelievable fashion.

is it, like, a well known fact that conquest takeover games are essentially rigged in the background and I'm just way out of the loop? the difficulty is totally increasing exponentially from the very get go. whether it says it is or not. it's taken me forever to feel like it's solid enough of a case to where I could post here feeling confident enough in blatantly obvious, insanely repetitive instances. so I'm not just posting "HEY THIS IS HARD MAKE IT EASIER FOR ME PLZ". because at this point, it's laughably obvious.

add on the fact that it technically effects one of SDS's NUMEROUS little stub money making ploys because if you do well in conquest, you get good cards. meaning you won't need as many stubs...it just seals the deal for me.

anyone have any thoughts, knowledge or experiences?
                        I'm not sure what I would classify my experiences as.....the stronghold I had the most difficulty with was the Blue Jays. What I did notice was is if I was challenging and my "fans" level was 3 million or less of the stronghold I was challenging there seemed to be a higher degree of difficulty than when I challenged with 4 million or more "fans" regardless of the level I chose to play the game at.

Comment

I've definitely noticed this. I've played a number of games which wind up being extra inning affairs, some into the 9th or 11th.
                          These are usually games I'm up by a run or two in the third and the AI team invariable comes up with some unlikely comeback, usually against a gold reliever.

I've also noticed, two strongholds in, that even games on veteran are very difficult. Stealing bases with 90 ish caliber baserunners is ridiculously challenging. They seem to get picked off, caught in rundowns, or thrown out at second about 75% of the time.

My top pitchers suddenly can't buy a strike. AI relievers (like Ian Krol, for God's sake) are suddenly painting and throwing devastating off speed.

I expect this to some degree during stronghold games on HOF difficulty, but regular territory games on Veteran?

Obviously the best approach is to only play games on rookie, but it would make sense to me that the difficulty levels were consistent throughout the modes of the game.

Comment

Working...
                          X