Finishing off the map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing off the map

I've conquered everything west of the Mississippi and the south. Toronto has the rest of the map. They have maxed out strongholds in the NE. I'm thinking of strategies to defeat max cities.

My thought is to surround a stronghold with max fans leaving a corridor of low fan cities. If I leave the computer with no option other than to attack the low fan base, will he take it? If the computer takes the bait I would attack behind it, cutting it off from the home city.

Originally posted by ableman View Post
    I've conquered everything west of the Mississippi and the south. Toronto has the rest of the map. They have maxed out strongholds in the NE. I'm thinking of strategies to defeat max cities.

My thought is to surround a stronghold with max fans leaving a corridor of low fan cities. If I leave the computer with no option other than to attack the low fan base, will he take it? If the computer takes the bait I would attack behind it, cutting it off from the home city.

yeah thats basically what I did with Colorado taking the west and me taking the east... I then loaded up on fans (99 max) next to any areas I want to overtake and would eventually take the Rockies out for completion.

Comment

Seattle and Arizona have owned the West on my play throughs. I've always knocked off Colorado first thing for some reason.

Comment

I'm down to a few cities, but they have enough troops left in there that it will take at least an All-star win. I can't seem to get them out... thoughts on how to do that other than having to win at a very high level?

Sean

Comment

After you reinforce, skip the attack step. You'll get to reinforce again before playing. Do that until you have enough to play at a lower level.

Comment

I have 99 or close in all the squares, but the last few holdouts have 50+ troops. I suppose I could capture them down, but is there a way to get them to drop their troop strength, say leave a weakspot for them to attack?

Comment

Capturing them down is the way to go. Toronto had a couple of strongholds with 25 troops, and attacking with 99 only allowed me to play on All-Star. I did a round of capture to get it down to 24 and voila! I can play them on Rookie now.

Comment

Originally posted by ableman View Post

Charge straight at the highest strongholds. Even if you have to play against HOF difficulty it's doable even if you lose some. After all strong holds are captured just movenough all your fans to one spot on the map and simulate the rest of the games. Game over!

Comment

Working...
                X