Conquest Needs a Tutorial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquest Needs a Tutorial

So MLB the Show 17 is about to come out, and with that we see the end of the first year of conquest. I personally loved it and found it amusing when my fan base closed in on the population of the United States. It wasn't easy to get started with however and a lot of it was trial and error. Figuring it out as i went i loved it more and more but wish there had been something explaining it from the beginning. I would have spent less time trying to figure out why i couldn't reinforce a section that had been cut off by the Computer and more time reinforcing other areas. An explanation of the phases would have been nice, and while the names are self explanatory a very quick how to could have helped. The difference between capture and attack, when you could reinforce, moving fans and such. It wouldn't have to be a long drawn out tutorial, but a simple introduction would go a long way. I think there would be more people playing conquest and experiencing how much fun it was if there had been a short tutorial. This really hit home with me when a follower of mine on twitch asked me to try to explain it to him. I had figured it out and decided to stream it and he asked how it worked. Said he opened it up and like me couldn't figure it out right away. He decided to stick to BR and head to head rather then try conquest. Conquest is a great game-mode and it makes playing the computer fun again and it think it would be made even better with a short explanation when you first fire it up.

Originally posted by Terps__17 View Post
    So MLB the Show 17 is about to come out, and with that we see the end of the first year of conquest. I personally loved it and found it amusing when my fan base closed in on the population of the United States. It wasn't easy to get started with however and a lot of it was trial and error. Figuring it out as i went i loved it more and more but wish there had been something explaining it from the beginning. I would have spent less time trying to figure out why i couldn't reinforce a section that had been cut off by the Computer and more time reinforcing other areas. An explanation of the phases would have been nice, and while the names are self explanatory a very quick how to could have helped. The difference between capture and attack, when you could reinforce, moving fans and such. It wouldn't have to be a long drawn out tutorial, but a simple introduction would go a long way. I think there would be more people playing conquest and experiencing how much fun it was if there had been a short tutorial. This really hit home with me when a follower of mine on twitch asked me to try to explain it to him. I had figured it out and decided to stream it and he asked how it worked. Said he opened it up and like me couldn't figure it out right away. He decided to stick to BR and head to head rather then try conquest. Conquest is a great game-mode and it makes playing the computer fun again and it think it would be made even better with a short explanation when you first fire it up.

I thought for sure that Conquest had its own tutorial. I'll have to look again when I go home.

Comment

When I first started playing it, I looked on YouTube and some guy had a tutorial about it. Helped a lot. There are probably many more tutorials on YouTube now explaining how it works and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by TheeAtomicPunk View Post
        When I first started playing it, I looked on YouTube and some guy had a tutorial about it. Helped a lot. There are probably many more tutorials on YouTube now explaining how it works and so on.
        See my point is, people shouldnt have to go to youtube and from talking to people the lack of explanation seemed to dissuade people from wanted to play it all together. Something in game would be so much better.

Comment

Would have been cool to have more of a heads up about command rewards (team innings tally). If I had known about that, I would have completed Conquest first before doing anything else and logging any innings in head 2 head, etc.

Comment

its been so long since I've played but the tutorial is the instructions that are on screen when you play each phase... I know they had it for RTTS and Diamond Dynasty overall.

Comment

As I recall, each mode had a brief tutorial the very first time you popped the disc in. Each video going into what I considered a fair amount of detail on RTTS, Franchise, DD and Conquest. Granted I selected "NOOB" when given the prompt of whether or not I had played the Show before and took full advantage of the tutorial game to relive opening day at Kauffman last year. Maybe the video tutorials were cancelled if you selected that you had played the show before.
              Either way, the video tutorial for Conquest I remember explained most everything except for the innings and team feed rewards. If I knew all of that and about Legends and flashbacks-primes, etc... Anyways. As MANY of us keep saying, hindsight is 20/20. I'm not selling anything until after I finish the conquest missions this year assuming it's the same thing.

Comment

Working...
              X